Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lightening henna with hydrogen peroxide?

Default Re: Lightening henna with hydrogen peroxide?

Your welcome
    "You're never too old to be young"- Snow White

I just purchased some Sun In ( the pink bottle) to try to lighten my henna. Wish me luck!♡

Length
    8"/12"/termi
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by TabSpo View Post
    I just purchased some Sun In ( the pink bottle) to try to lighten my henna. Wish me luck!♡
    Good luck!!

Mustang mare Zipporah

Length
    3.9/24/30
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

TabSpo Be aware that lightening products like Sun-in can still damage you hair. There are several videos on Youtube of girls saying that they didn't have immediate damage,but noticed severe damage after a couple of months of "light" usage (like 2x a week).

Length
    8"/12"/termi
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Hexana View Post
    TabSpo Be aware that lightening products like Sun-in can still damage you hair. There are several videos on Youtube of girls saying that they didn't have immediate damage,but noticed severe damage after a couple of months of "light" usage (like 2x a week).
    Really thank you. I just realized that my own lightening conditioner has some peroxide in it. I definitely do NOT want to overuse that at all!

Jen

Mustang mare Zipporah

Length
    8"/12"/termi
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Genne View Post
    Really thank you. I just realized that my own lightening conditioner has some peroxide in it. I definitely do NOT want to overuse that at all!

Jen
    Hello again,

Update on the blonde shampoo and condition and then the spray highlighter.

I'm an idiot, basically. What worked wonderful for me was the John Frieda "highlight activating" shampoo and I was using the go blonder conditioner and "thought" that was helpful. I next bought the go blonder spray on and used it twice.

It does have peroxide and wouldn't you know it, it took out the beautiful highlights I'd liked and just did was peroxide does and made it lighter but bland.

I also have hair loss, since I'd last posted. I'm not sure if it is because a couple weeks ago I used "WEN" conditioning shampoo, (and last time I used that I also had alopecia which never recovered.)

So this is not a pleasant update. Possibly being overdue for my henna touch up is making my light roots exaggerate my alopecia already and the wen shampoo seems to have killed all the one inch new growth I was just starting to have but, I'm in a stunt month for July.

Plan is to not use the go blonder spray for a good long while and if I use it again, to wash it out relatively quickly. I will use the shampoo again though, if I feel the oxidized henna is getting too dark, after I do it next.

Jen

Mustang mare Zipporah

Length
    8"/12"/termi
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quick reply to update again:

Thankfully the lightening spray with peroxide has 'settled' in and my hair isn't acting shock anymore. However my roots that were over a half inch seem to have blended because they are affected by it. My ash blonde roots look a little reddish blonde, (from the peroxide lightening 'go blonder' spray I used.)
    On one hand my henna is definitely lightened to a more blonder red but, it seems like something to use only sparingly or not at all.
    Jen

Mustang mare Zipporah