Thread: I may have a scissor problem (no, I'm not a hairdresser, why do you ask?)

Default I may have a scissor problem (no, I'm not a hairdresser, why do you ask?)

Just something I found funny this morning! I had my Grandmother do a trim this morning (who actually WAS a hairdresser back in the day) So like ONE pair may have been hers at one point, most are just the Wahls that come with clippers (I have 3 boys, we've had 4 different kits over the years one was NOT a Wahl)
    AND I found another pair not in the picture that my husband had "stashed for the 'stash" Just like the one on the far bottom, and I'm thinking about tossing them they are rusty but prob the oldest ones too. Unless I DID steal some from Grandma The only pair in question for that is the all black pair, but she saw them now and said I could keep them anyway

All I wanted to do was see what I had for a "good pair" for self trims and S&D HAHAHAHA I was using the 2nd down for most, but going to try the black ones now *waggles eyebrows*

My favorites are 2 and 3 from the top

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: I may have a scissor problem (no, I'm not a hairdresser, why do you ask?)

Quite a collection you've got there.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    12"/51"/Knee!
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default Re: I may have a scissor problem (no, I'm not a hairdresser, why do you ask?)

That all-black pair is particularly attractive!

I happen to like the color blue. So I went out and bought a blue pair, which I keep in a special place and use only for hair, nothing else. It looks like you have a lot more variety at your house.
    ISO Large Cobalt Ficcare!

Length
    SL/NL/BCL?
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

Mine looks like the first one!

So, are you a hairdresser?
    (My Holy Grails Here) Shampoo + Conditioner + LOC method
    Chin > Neck > Shoulder > CBL > APL > BSL > WL > HL > TBL > Classic?

I have a couple from WAHL clipper sets too; small black and gray handles
    Those all black scissors are neat!

http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/re...tml?sort=3&o=0
    My groovy Conair hair shears. Will be micro trimming soon.

Those look FUN! love them <3

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/31.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

I need to get some good scissors- I self-trim with a pair of my dad's haircutting scissors right now, but am wanting to get a pair of my own. :P

Length
    BSL/41"/60"+
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii/iii

About the rusty ones, of you still want to give em a shot you can use some rust remover from the hardware store, and then it'll polish right out. Then, take apart the blades and sharpen them (whet stone is best if you know how to use one). They'll be like new.
    BSL (02/15)-WL(08/15)-HIP(11/15)-BCL(05/17)-TBL(10/17)-CL-
    Micro-trimming as needed in 2018. Goal of Classic by Autumn.

I'm sure we have some rust remover around here somewhere (Uncle does car work LOL) I did polish them a bit with some bar keepers friend
    I wasn't worried about saving the blades since I had so many shears. So it was what I had on hand, did a pretty good job but some real rust remover would be good too

Quote Originally Posted by ThrowNormanAway View Post
    About the rusty ones, of you still want to give em a shot you can use some rust remover from the hardware store, and then it'll polish right out. Then, take apart the blades and sharpen them (whet stone is best if you know how to use one). They'll be like new.