Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is my hair in need of some thing??? I can't figure it out

Length
    BSL/CL/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: is my hair in need of some thing??? I can't figure it out

Honestly, all I saw was a mom who needs the kids to nap, or sleep over at a friend's house so she can nap.
    Join a declutter challenge http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=141272

Nevertheless, she persisted.

Complex creature

Quote Originally Posted by truepeacenik View Post
    Honestly, all I saw was a mom who needs the kids to nap, or sleep over at a friend's house so she can nap.
    Yes, mammaherrera : I have the same feeling. You look tired on those pics, and in bad need of a good rest. Maybe your hair feels exhausted too ?...

I went through some years of severe exhaustion and this had a real impact on my hair, you know : it thinned out and became dull and brittle looking. No more shine, no more bounciness. I had a medical check up and it turned out I was suffering from many deficiencies (among which anaemia) due to several years of hardship in my life. So I think that if you feel bad about your hair, you are right to pay attention about it : hair gives us warnings about our health and about our life, and how we treat ourselves.

Hope you'll soon find a way to feel better about your hair !

By the way : I think you have very beautiful hair ! Your curls are so gorgeous.

Length
    APL24/31/Clas
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

My question is are you in a cold climate and being indoors this late in the season the air can be drying? It looks like your hair wants moisture, does it have good curl formation when it is wet? Pantene can be a drying shampoo for curly hair, I had to stop using it but you could dilute yours.

First clarify,

I have done lemon juice rinses after I shampoo leave on for 5 min and rinse off then conditioner, it has stopped the frizz on top and brought back shine because it closes the cuticle.

I would also try the ROO method to get some moisture in the hair. It helps stop my poofy top and adds shine

If you are using the OGX Biotin/Collagen shampoo, it has a lot of protein in it so after it is important to get lots of moisture in your hair. Do a strand test and if it snaps without much stretch =too much protein so moisturize lots.

Mineral Oil is supposed to hold in moisture might be worth a try, I still haven't gotten any.

I am in a very hot climate and moisture is just evaporating from my hair so after I shampoo I put a small palmful of EVOO on my hair and then I put my conditioner with 50% EVOO wait 5 min and rinse and it lasts for the day but I have to wet my hair everyday because it is so thirsty.

There are a few ideas, I know we get on the LHC and realize our hair can be perfect and don't like when it is misbehaving

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Just posting in again to repeat that your hair doesn't look like it needs a single thing to me.
    the only difference I saw in the photos was that it was a bit shorter.
    It's just beautiful.
    and so are you, tired or not. Maybe better than doing some complicated new thing with your hair, get some sleep as best you can (hard with young kids, I know, though I do miss those days now).
    Things often look better in the morning.
    I think I remember that you have someone in your life who is critical of you in general and critical of your hair. (forgive me if I am wrong) If so, please remember that some people get critical, even highly critical when something is bothering them about themselves and go after YOU, doesn't mean anything is wrong with you at all and though its hard, it is best to dismiss anything the person says, no matter how close they are, once you realize they are like that. Best to just screen out the noise, as best you can and build yourself up by reminding yourself of YOU like about you, in spite of them. they are often just perfectionists who don't even mean to hurt you, don't realize they are doing it, sometimes it is more calculated than that (some put others down, even people they love, to make themselves feel better), but in a lot of these cases, train yourself to ignore. (Especially if, as often there is a lot else good about the person).

there's clearly a lot to like about you, pretty lady, good mama.
    Last edited by chen bao jun; February 14th, 2016 at 10:05 AM.
    <a href=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/uloma1/media/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg.html target=_blank>[IMG]<a href=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/uloma1/media/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a481/uloma1/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg target=_blank>http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/...psb7di14pc.jpg</a></a>[/IMG]</a>Proud to be a tightly curly!
    (SL-APL-BSL-Midback-Waist!)

Length
    Chin/32/CL
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Nope needs nothing, just patience.

* Growth is 1,0 cm/month including trims * 1,2 cm excluding trims * measuring 4 years * hair age 5 year
    * stretching washes *No more S&D * coconut oil, vitamins * ponytail while asleep *

I appreciate all the recs and care for my wellbeing and positives. I am going to go back to my old shampoo for a good while and see if that helps. But do I need to clarify if I've been using pantene volume shampoo??? I might just try my old shampoo first and then try a lemon rinse, cuz I want my old volume back and lemon rinses don't encourage volume if I remember right

Length
    SL/SL/WL
    Type
    3a/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by mamaherrera View Post
    I appreciate all the recs and care for my wellbeing and positives. I am going to go back to my old shampoo for a good while and see if that helps. But do I need to clarify if I've been using pantene volume shampoo??? I might just try my old shampoo first and then try a lemon rinse, cuz I want my old volume back and lemon rinses don't encourage volume if I remember right
    I would clarify if your hair is feeling off, it can't hurt. Just be sure to follow up with an SMT or whatever moisturizing treatment you like. I don't know about the Pantene volume one specifically, but I know certain other Pantene shampoos built up on my hair and scalp faster than other shampoos. Hope you're feeling better about it soon.

Thanks Lauren, you are always so sweet. I will clarify!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by mamaherrera View Post
    Clarify? Not really, or not that much in any case. I use Pantene Aqua Light, or the Pantene volumizing (once my stash runs out), but every 2 months, or so... I throw the Pantene clarifying shampoo at it (transparent bottle, navy cap). I could do without it, as those 2 Pantene ones are pretty good at removing "stuff" from your hair.

Are you conditioning enough?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)