Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair Thickness Chart?

Length
    2/22/24/25

Default Hair Thickness Chart?

I was wondering how that work. I've seen things like ''iii'' ''ii'', but I'm not sure...so?

Here's a freshly taken photo. Can you tell which category my hair falls under?

Last edited by M.McDonough; February 11th, 2016 at 12:51 PM.

Length
    21/25/32+
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Hair Thickness Chart?

This thread should help you out. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=116252

I'd say you're between 2c and 3b, but it's up to you where you'd like to classify.

You have very beautiful curls, might I add.
    Last edited by AJNinami; February 11th, 2016 at 12:52 PM. Reason: New Development
    Growing out bleach-damaged layers
    CL - SL - APL - BSL - WL - HL - TBL - ?

Length
    2/22/24/25

Quote Originally Posted by AJNinami View Post
    This thread should help you out. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=116252

I'd say you're between 2c and 3b, but it's up to you where you'd like to classify.

You have very beautiful curls, might I add.
    Thanks . But it's up to me? To be honest all the photos in the link look alike to me haha

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

You're in the 3's somewhere for curliness. As for thickness/thinness, you can use measuring tape to measure your hair. If you make a ponytail with a hair tie you can try that. Just make sure you measure the hair and not the hair tie included with the measurement. Or if you want, get some string instead of a hairtie and wrap that around your ponytail. Mark with your finger where the string meets itself in a full circle around your ponytail and then keep your finger there on the string until you measure it out on a ruler. I hope that made some sense and I hope that works

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I'd say 3a/b. As far as thickness, that is up to you. You need to make a ponytail and measure the circumference. Then tell us, and we'll tell you what category you fall under.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    2/22/24/25

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I'd say 3a/b. As far as thickness, that is up to you. You need to make a ponytail and measure the circumference. Then tell us, and we'll tell you what category you fall under.
    I did that I think it was slightly more than 3 inches
    Last edited by M.McDonough; February 11th, 2016 at 01:23 PM.

Length
    2/22/24/25

Quote Originally Posted by gthlvrmx View Post
    You're in the 3's somewhere for curliness. As for thickness/thinness, you can use measuring tape to measure your hair. If you make a ponytail with a hair tie you can try that. Just make sure you measure the hair and not the hair tie included with the measurement. Or if you want, get some string instead of a hairtie and wrap that around your ponytail. Mark with your finger where the string meets itself in a full circle around your ponytail and then keep your finger there on the string until you measure it out on a ruler. I hope that made some sense and I hope that works
    Thank you. But my profile says 2b/2c. I don't see how I'm 3. Most of my curls are kind of loose :/

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

if your pony is 3,5 inches, then you are ii thickness, at the thicker end of that category. I would also, like other commenters, put you at least partially in the 3s, to my eye you clearly have curls. You do have strong waves too, but I'm not sure if this is a proper hairtyping photo (freshly washed, let air dry without touching, no products). I think you are at least 2c/3a.

Thickness of individual strands is difficult to eyeball from photos, with exception of macro photos which would make it slightly easier. But I think you aren't in F (fine = the thinnest strands) category, F hair tends to have a specific look to it. How do your individual hairs feel like?

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    2/22/24/25

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    if your pony is 3,5 inches, then you are ii thickness, at the thicker end of that category. I would also, like other commenters, put you at least partially in the 3s, to my eye you clearly have curls. You do have strong waves too, but I'm not sure if this is a proper hairtyping photo (freshly washed, let air dry without touching, no products). I think you are at least 2c/3a.

Thickness of individual strands is difficult to eyeball from photos, with exception of macro photos which would make it slightly easier. But I think you aren't in F (fine = the thinnest strands) category, F hair tends to have a specific look to it. How do your individual hairs feel like?
    Actually I edited my last comment. Slightly morr than 3 inches

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by M.McDonough View Post
    Thank you. But my profile says 2b/2c. I don't see how I'm 3. Most of my curls are kind of loose :/
    Call yourself what you like. There are no curl type police here, and honestly, what people say their curls are is something that's all over the map. So if you want to be a 2b, go ahead, be a 2b.

But if you go according to the definitions, anything in the 2s is wavy hair, not curly. 2c might have some curls at the very end, but is still actually wavy hair, not curly. 3a are the loosest curls there are, sidewalk chalk diameter, 3b gets to marker sized, 3c is pencil sized, 4a is like a pen spring. That's where people are coming from when they say you are 3a--they mean you have definite curls, but they are loose. I would think that was a compliment. It's all so not important, anyway. it's like a guide to give you a starting place to look for products and methods, that's all.

Pretty hair, anyway.
    <a href=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/uloma1/media/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg.html target=_blank>[IMG]<a href=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/uloma1/media/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a481/uloma1/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg target=_blank>http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/...psb7di14pc.jpg</a></a>[/IMG]</a>Proud to be a tightly curly!
    (SL-APL-BSL-Midback-Waist!)