Thread: Extreme debilitating fatigue, hair loss, and eyebrow hair loss?

Default Extreme debilitating fatigue, hair loss, and eyebrow hair loss?

I've been having extreme debilitating fatigue to where I don't even want to move, hair loss (I've lost 3/4 of my hair), and eyebrow hair loss. My hands, feet, and nose are ice cold. My doctor has ran tests and thyroid problems/autoimmune thyroid problems have been ruled out as the cause of my symptoms. I have low ferritin (12) with an "excellent" hemoglobin of 14.4 and my RBC are good at 4.9. I have had low ferritin for years and although I had fatigue, I never had this level of extreme debilitating fatigue and I never had eyebrow hair loss. So I'm wondering if it's more so nutritional related. Like am I getting enough fat in my diet? Enough protein? Enough calories? Do I have other nutritional deficiencies that could be causing my symptoms? What nutritional deficiencies cause eyebrow hair loss? I'm so tired and sleep so much that it's hard to fit in all my meals and enough calories so I'm probably not eating enough calories and not getting enough fat and protein either. And I probably have low blood sugar a lot from sleeping through meals. I look really sick and people ask me if I have cancer. Something is going on, and I'm really worried. What do you guys think?

Length
    27"/calf/???
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Re: Extreme debilitating fatigue, hair loss, and eyebrow hair loss?

Oh dear! Yes, protein plays a huge part in hair growth/loss as well as the other macronutrients; fat, carbohydrates, and protein. You have to remember that all nutrients fuel your organs and bodily functions first - hair and nails come last and are thus the first to go when there's a deficiency
    Not eating enough would definitely contribute to over tiredness... it's a vicious cycle - you sleep and thus don't eat, which makes you sleep more... I'm so sorry you're going through this. Hopefully more people can chime in with advice. All I can offer is to continue to see your doctor and please eat! Your body needs that energy so badly. Sending good, healing vibes your way... Hang in there.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

I second Lapis's post - keep liaising with your doctor, get a second opinion if necessary and don't give up until you get a result. The sooner you get your health back, the sooner your hair can regrow. And hugs! Lots of hugs!

ETA: Have you seen a nutritionist? To get an idea of what and how much you should be eating, also info about supplements?
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    APL+/Hip/Floor
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Could that be diabetes? Or gluten allergy? Or leukemia? I'd test for those things if I was you. It sounds like something is preventing your body from absorbing nutrients. It's just suggestions, I'm not a doctor.

o♡o。.(*▽`*) .o♡o。.

Length
    27/47/???
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

That sounds awfully discouraging. To be honest it sounds like an underlying illness; keep following up with your doctor until they can figure it out. Hope you get some answers soon.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Iron shortage is *notorious* for hair loss & fatigue - you need to get that sorted out first before even thinking it could be other things.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    SL/Hip/TERM
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

Do you take BC? I experienced extreme fatigue and hair loss after getting back on BC after my baby was born. I had the the typical post-partum shed, which stopped in a couple months, but then I got back on BC and my hair started falling out bad... AGAIN. I thought it was just stress and lack of sleep, so I tolerated it for a while. After my baby finally started sleeping all night at 10 months, I realized something was definitely wrong because I was getting a full nights rest and STILL felt like poo-poo all the time. I had a full panel blood work done. Thyroid and everything was completely normal. Turns out my post-baby body is wired different now...I can't tolerate any BC of any kind. The high estrogen ones (Beyaz) was the worst. I thought I'd chip in and mention this, because even though it is rare (my doctor says) some people can't tolerate BC. It can mimic hypo-thyroid.
    Last edited by CoveredByLove; February 10th, 2016 at 07:36 AM.

Current ​Length Stretched: BSL
    Next goal: ​Waist

Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Huge, underestimated impact on hair has also vit D.
    Iron and vit D, apart from protein, could resolve hair issues related to nutrition.

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Eyebrow hair loss, especially from the outer edge, is classical hypo-thyroid symptom.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Above all, while you're searching for answers, make sure that everything you *do* eat is good solid healthy food, not junk. Plenty of protein and veggies and fruits. Hope you find an answer soon.