Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Received my SugarBearHair today!

Wink Received my SugarBearHair today!

I saw a post last week in this forum about these gummy bear vitamins, so I ordered it.
    I just got them in the mail today and I'm excited. They taste really good and have lots of good vitamins for hair growth. I'll keep you all updated on my progress. I think for once I'll actually be consistent with the whole hair vitamin thing lol

For anyone interested in this, the company's website is https://www.sugarbearhair.com/
    And here's a pic of my bottle:

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Received my SugarBearHair today!

They should have used a better hair model. I'll see myself out.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Swan Maiden View Post
    Maybe she was the one needing the pills?
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

A good multi vitamin with a proper diet will do the same or better. Actually, a good multi vitamin will do the same as this product. Toss in biotin if you must,but really, if you need 5,000 mg daily, you need a doctor to find out why you are running low. Overdosing on anything without a doctor being involved is highly questionable at best. B5 doesn't help with breakouts, you break out from the overdose.

Length
    12/TBL!!/???
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Swan Maiden View Post
    I'm afraid I must concur... Though maybe her hair WOULD be wonderfully healthy from those vitamins if she wasn't bleaching and dyeing the living day lights out of it!

Temporary goal: Classic, Final goal: To infinity and beyond!!
    currently at TBL, pressing on and hoping for Classic before I'm 20

Type
    2a/F/i

Honestly I find taking vitamins specifically for your hair kinda silly and possibly dangerous if you're not careful. I prefer to eat a balanced diet and wait. The only thing I take is an iron tablet because I'm almost always low without it.

BSL: Made it!Off to Waist!

Quote Originally Posted by MandyBeth View Post
    A good multi vitamin with a proper diet will do the same or better. Actually, a good multi vitamin will do the same as this product. Toss in biotin if you must,but really, if you need 5,000 mg daily, you need a doctor to find out why you are running low. Overdosing on anything without a doctor being involved is highly questionable at best. B5 doesn't help with breakouts, you break out from the overdose.
    I gag on regular pills which is why I purchased this product.

And I'm not understanding your comment. You cannot overdose on vitamins. 5,000 mcg (not mg) of Biotin is not what the body is necessarily deficient of. Taking that amount of Biotin is supposed to help make sure your scalp is getting its fill of nutrients. Then, what your body doesn't use is excreted through the urine because these vitamins are water-soluble.

I've looked up the bit about B5. From that I remember from my research, Vitamin B5 and Biotin are absorbed using the same receptors. So when people take Biotin but don't also take B5 with it, some people actually experience breakouts. This would explain why my face broke out when I attempted to take Biotin by itself.

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I'm kind of surprised the Biotin Blog post hasn't been linked here yet.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine <3 View Post
    Honestly I find taking vitamins specifically for your hair kinda silly and possibly dangerous if you're not careful. I prefer to eat a balanced diet and wait. The only thing I take is an iron tablet because I'm almost always low without it.
    The way I see it, vitamins don't just benefit the hair but my whole body as well. I eat a very healthy diet (I track everything with MyFitnessPal and everything) and I still don't get a lot of the vitamins I need. Combine that with the fact that I can't swallow pills and yeeeaaaah lol

Length
    BSL/Chin/Chin
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by locddreamz View Post
    I gag on regular pills which is why I purchased this product.

And I'm not understanding your comment. You cannot overdose on vitamins. 5,000 mcg (not mg) of Biotin is not what the body is necessarily deficient of. Taking that amount of Biotin is supposed to help make sure your scalp is getting its fill of nutrients. Then, what your body doesn't use is excreted through the urine because these vitamins are water-soluble.

I've looked up the bit about B5. From that I remember from my research, Vitamin B5 and Biotin are absorbed using the same receptors. So when people take Biotin but don't also take B5 with it, some people actually experience breakouts. This would explain why my face broke out when I attempted to take Biotin by itself.
    Yes, you can absolutely overdose on vitamins, even if they're water soluble. I'm pretty shocked by that comment. Excreting an excessive amount of vitamins can put a huge strain on your kidneys, and in the worst case scenario can cause kidney damage and failure. The biotin will only help hair growth if you are actually deficient of it, which is very rare. Eating a balanced diet is usually more than enough to get the nutrients you need, and you should not supplement without seeing your doctor first.
    Thunder and lightning won’t change what I’m feeling, and the daffodils look lovely today
    From tbl+ to short bob