Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Video: how to restore hair from damage (curls)

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Video: how to restore hair from damage (curls)

This, I thought, was an amazing video on how to restore curly hair from heat damage:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sEAD5SY-Ww
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Default Re: Video: how to restore hair from damage (curls)

Thanks! She actually has some good videos. I've been really enjoying discovering new people with less subscribers

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by kidari View Post
    Thanks! She actually has some good videos. I've been really enjoying discovering new people with less subscribers
    Yes me too! Sometimes I look at the far right and something pops up "recommended for you". Some of those links are actually *great*. That's how I discovered this video. The bigger "guru's" sometimes get so lazy with making videos anymore, and if they do, I get so turned off by watching - and I don't even know why. It's like they no longer appreciate what they do.

Length
    Pixie/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I just have to say, everything she is doing has definitely worked for her! Goodness those are some gorgeous curls!
    Pixie-Bob-Shoulder-CBL-APL-BSL-WL-HL-BCL-TBL 2019!

Lady Hester, Healer of the Platte and Plains in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    SL/Hip/TERM
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

I definitely can relate to this video! Growing out my damage was a loooong process. My curls were completely wilted. I always joke that my curls are like flowers...if you don't water them, they wilt! And heat wilts them terribly. Lots of moisture and no heat will bring curls to life. I had to grow the damage out, because mine would not perk up no matter how much protein treatments I used. I first literally threw all my curling irons and stuff in the garbage outside. (That was about 3 years ago) I did not even want to give them to someone else. (Why give something like that? So others can ruin their hair too?!) Then I did a lot of regular trimming. Every six months on average I trimmed a good two inches off. Very discouraging. But my curls did come back. It took time and patience, and now I'm reaping the reward of having my healthy hair back. The "fun" of heat styling my hair in different ways wasn't worth it in the long run. I look better curly anyways.

I don't recognize any of these brands she mentioned other than Sunsilk and Vatika. Is she in the U.S.?

Current ​Length Stretched: BSL
    Next goal: ​Waist

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by CoveredByLove View Post
    I definitely can relate to this video! Growing out my damage was a loooong process. My curls were completely wilted. I always joke that my curls are like flowers...if you don't water them, they wilt! And heat wilts them terribly. Lots of moisture and no heat will bring curls to life. I had to grow the damage out, because mine would not perk up no matter how much protein treatments I used. I first literally threw all my curling irons and stuff in the garbage outside. (That was about 3 years ago) I did not even want to give them to someone else. (Why give something like that? So others can ruin their hair too?!) Then I did a lot of regular trimming. Every six months on average I trimmed a good two inches off. Very discouraging. But my curls did come back. It took time and patience, and now I'm reaping the reward of having my healthy hair back. The "fun" of heat styling my hair in different ways wasn't worth it in the long run. I look better curly anyways.

I don't recognize any of these brands she mentioned other than Sunsilk and Vatika. Is she in the U.S.?
    No I think she's in Greece. I do recognize brands like Schwarzkopf's Gliss Kur, Elvive (Elsève), Sunsilk & Vatika & I'm in Belgium. Yeah, it's a EU thing.

Amazing the patience you had, but I'm glad you got your curls back!

Length
    WL/TBL/FTL?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Awesome video! The information she provided is great, I always wanted to try the Vatika products
    Thank you for sharing!

Length
    Pixie/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I think I saw Vatika products last time I was at the India Store.. I'll have to give them another look.

Not that I'm a curly by any means.. But I'm beginning to see little waves all over, and I keep thinking that maybe I can coax them to life somehow without getting frizzled.
    Pixie-Bob-Shoulder-CBL-APL-BSL-WL-HL-BCL-TBL 2019!

Lady Hester, Healer of the Platte and Plains in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    2b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    This, I thought, was an amazing video on how to restore curly hair from heat damage:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sEAD5SY-Ww
    Thank you. This is really relevant to me. I want so many of those products though!!

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
    Thank you. This is really relevant to me. I want so many of those products though!!
    Have you ever tried the curl cream from Boots (own brand)? It is a cult product in the UK, for styling wavy/curly hair. I'm sure the UK has its own little niche of products that would be amazing on wavy/curly hair! You just have to try 'em and figure out what works (I know that's the tough part).