Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Video: how to restore hair from damage (curls)

  1. #1
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    54,639
    Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Video: how to restore hair from damage (curls)

    This, I thought, was an amazing video on how to restore curly hair from heat damage:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sEAD5SY-Ww
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  2. #2

    Default Re: Video: how to restore hair from damage (curls)

    Thanks! She actually has some good videos. I've been really enjoying discovering new people with less subscribers

  3. #3
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    54,639
    Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: Video: how to restore hair from damage (curls)

    Quote Originally Posted by kidari View Post
    Thanks! She actually has some good videos. I've been really enjoying discovering new people with less subscribers
    Yes me too! Sometimes I look at the far right and something pops up "recommended for you". Some of those links are actually *great*. That's how I discovered this video. The bigger "guru's" sometimes get so lazy with making videos anymore, and if they do, I get so turned off by watching - and I don't even know why. It's like they no longer appreciate what they do.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  4. #4
    Secret Squirrel missrandie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    South Texas
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,657
    Length
    Pixie/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Video: how to restore hair from damage (curls)

    I just have to say, everything she is doing has definitely worked for her! Goodness those are some gorgeous curls!
    Pixie-Bob-Shoulder-CBL-APL-BSL-WL-HL-BCL-TBL 2019!

    Lady Hester, Healer of the Platte and Plains in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

  5. #5
    Member CoveredByLove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    565
    Length
    SL/Hip/TERM
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Video: how to restore hair from damage (curls)

    I definitely can relate to this video! Growing out my damage was a loooong process. My curls were completely wilted. I always joke that my curls are like flowers...if you don't water them, they wilt! And heat wilts them terribly. Lots of moisture and no heat will bring curls to life. I had to grow the damage out, because mine would not perk up no matter how much protein treatments I used. I first literally threw all my curling irons and stuff in the garbage outside. (That was about 3 years ago) I did not even want to give them to someone else. (Why give something like that? So others can ruin their hair too?!) Then I did a lot of regular trimming. Every six months on average I trimmed a good two inches off. Very discouraging. But my curls did come back. It took time and patience, and now I'm reaping the reward of having my healthy hair back. The "fun" of heat styling my hair in different ways wasn't worth it in the long run. I look better curly anyways.

    I don't recognize any of these brands she mentioned other than Sunsilk and Vatika. Is she in the U.S.?

    Current ​Length Stretched: BSL
    Next goal: ​Waist


  6. #6
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    54,639
    Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: Video: how to restore hair from damage (curls)

    Quote Originally Posted by CoveredByLove View Post
    I definitely can relate to this video! Growing out my damage was a loooong process. My curls were completely wilted. I always joke that my curls are like flowers...if you don't water them, they wilt! And heat wilts them terribly. Lots of moisture and no heat will bring curls to life. I had to grow the damage out, because mine would not perk up no matter how much protein treatments I used. I first literally threw all my curling irons and stuff in the garbage outside. (That was about 3 years ago) I did not even want to give them to someone else. (Why give something like that? So others can ruin their hair too?!) Then I did a lot of regular trimming. Every six months on average I trimmed a good two inches off. Very discouraging. But my curls did come back. It took time and patience, and now I'm reaping the reward of having my healthy hair back. The "fun" of heat styling my hair in different ways wasn't worth it in the long run. I look better curly anyways.

    I don't recognize any of these brands she mentioned other than Sunsilk and Vatika. Is she in the U.S.?
    No I think she's in Greece. I do recognize brands like Schwarzkopf's Gliss Kur, Elvive (Elsève), Sunsilk & Vatika & I'm in Belgium. Yeah, it's a EU thing.

    Amazing the patience you had, but I'm glad you got your curls back!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

  7. #7
    Henna lover ♥ parkmikii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,609
    Length
    WL/TBL/FTL?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

    Default Re: Video: how to restore hair from damage (curls)

    Awesome video! The information she provided is great, I always wanted to try the Vatika products
    Thank you for sharing!

  8. #8
    Secret Squirrel missrandie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    South Texas
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,657
    Length
    Pixie/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

    Default Re: Video: how to restore hair from damage (curls)

    I think I saw Vatika products last time I was at the India Store.. I'll have to give them another look.

    Not that I'm a curly by any means.. But I'm beginning to see little waves all over, and I keep thinking that maybe I can coax them to life somehow without getting frizzled.
    Pixie-Bob-Shoulder-CBL-APL-BSL-WL-HL-BCL-TBL 2019!

    Lady Hester, Healer of the Platte and Plains in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

  9. #9
    Member SaraJayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Kent, UK
    Posts
    83
    Type
    2b/F/i

    Default Re: Video: how to restore hair from damage (curls)

    Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    This, I thought, was an amazing video on how to restore curly hair from heat damage:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sEAD5SY-Ww
    Thank you. This is really relevant to me. I want so many of those products though!!

  10. #10
    LHC FairyGodMum lapushka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    54,639
    Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

    Default Re: Video: how to restore hair from damage (curls)

    Quote Originally Posted by SaraJayne View Post
    Thank you. This is really relevant to me. I want so many of those products though!!
    Have you ever tried the curl cream from Boots (own brand)? It is a cult product in the UK, for styling wavy/curly hair. I'm sure the UK has its own little niche of products that would be amazing on wavy/curly hair! You just have to try 'em and figure out what works (I know that's the tough part).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •