Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to cover my hair?

Default How to cover my hair?

I'm a new mom and what I didn't know about babies is that they really like grabbing and yanking your hair! It huuurts!! Its just an instinct to grab everything that comes into contact with their hands and he certainly doesn't mean any harm, but sometimes i just want to get my kitchen scissors and cut my pony tail off...
    Any ideas how its best to keep my hair away from his little hands? Possibly cover it with a headscarf? I dont know how to tie one tho... I tried googling, but came back with a million of fancy but useless styles. What I need is a quick way to tuck all my hair in and something that will stay put. Any ideas? Thanks

Grow, grow, here we grow! Sarahlabyrinth's Avatar
    Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: How to cover my hair?

No ideas from me, but congratulations on your little one and welcome to the LHC. Someone will have a good answer for you
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    Pixie/45/45
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Congrats on your new baby!

Hehe, I did the cutting off my ponytail when my daughter was a baby. But if I was clever enough to think of a head scarf, these are some of my favourite ways I've seen.

http://www.popsugar.com.au/beauty/7-...Scarf-28121882
    Pixie *SL * APL * BSL * WL * HL * Curly Waist
    SL Dec '13, APL Mar '15, bsl Dec '15, WL Dec '16, HL Dec '17, TBL Dec '18, CL Dec'19

Length
    CHIN/Waist/CLASS
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Congrats on the baby!
    I always keep my hair in a bun and I wear a bonnet cap like this:
    https://www.muslimbase.com/images/pr...lain006647.jpg

It's super easy, breathable, and the baby can't yank everything off!

Type
    1a/F/i

Look into getting a Buff, they're very versatile

October 2007 at the Mara Hippo Lodge in Kenya

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Get into bunning the hair. I don't know how long/thick your hair is and if it's long enough for that yet. There are so many buns and tutorials on YT.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Bun and bandanna might work. I'd get a buff or a point scrub hat, though. Those will contain a little more and keep slimy baby fists out of the wispy hairs at the edges.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    24/38.25/?
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I'd go with a bandanna or a buff for something quick and easy. If you want all your hair covered with a scarf, you can use a larger square scarf tied on the same way as a bandanna. You can tie it with the back tip of the triangle left out or tucked under the knot, or you can tie the sides over the back tip. Those are pretty much the simplest ways to tie a headscarf. I often overlap the side pieces rather than tying them, and then I wrap them all the way back to the top of my head and tuck them into each other or tie them on top. The overlap at the nape rather than a knot helps prevent headaches.

Type
    2a/M/i/ii

It would look silly, but it would keep your hair super protected. What about a satin cap? I have one and it's so silky, sometimes I wear it around the house even though it looks ridiculous.

Also, when I was breastfeeding my daughter I looked into these safe bead necklaces that you can wear around your neck when you're holding/nursing the baby. They are for the baby to grab onto and play with so they don't grab your hair or pinch you. Might want to give those a try.

Length
    WL/TBL/FTL?
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Gaalsong View Post
    It would look silly, but it would keep your hair super protected. What about a satin cap? I have one and it's so silky, sometimes I wear it around the house even though it looks ridiculous.

Also, when I was breastfeeding my daughter I looked into these safe bead necklaces that you can wear around your neck when you're holding/nursing the baby. They are for the baby to grab onto and play with so they don't grab your hair or pinch you. Might want to give those a try.
    Seconding a satin or silk cap indoors. I sleep with it and the hair is in pretty good shape