View Poll Results: Will you keep your long hair?

Voters
372. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, longhair forever!

244 65.59%
  • I'll keep it mostly long

67 18.01%
  • Maybe, I don't know

48 12.90%
  • No I will chop short at some point

13 3.49%
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Will you keep your hair long after you reach your goal length?

Default Re: Will you keep your hair long after you reach your goal length?

Quote Originally Posted by LongCurlyTress View Post
    Oh I know those fears. My Mom lost almost all her hair but, used Rogaine and it grew back all curly! But, she also did the perm/ strawberry blonde dye for almost all her life. More reasons to just let those natural silver strands just glisten and grow!
    That was mine too; her hair superglued in place with hairspray which was applied every.day.,....and could stand hurricane winds!
    It was only brushed out once a week and washed at the salon; then colored/permed/hot iron curled/re-sprayed
    The whole back of her head was bald and she needed a clip in piece by the time she turned white and omitted the perms/color; sadly it was too little too late, and it totally mortified her.

I'd hate to have a spot shaved for a reason and they'd do my whole head....or as lapis said...cut for mats
    Of course I'd probably not be aware at that point.....just stuff that crosses your mind as you are pampering your beloved locks lol

My goal is to find out just how long my hair will get if I stay away from the salon! I'm at waist length now and my hair is longer than it's ever been in my life. I don't know where terminal is on me, and I don't know just how much hair I can deal with!

Length
    13/31/35
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I voted "maybe, I don't know." I mean, I'll obviously be keeping my hair long for several years, especially since I'm going through all of the trouble of growing it out. And with my ever expanding hairtoy collection (I'm at 8 sticks/forks and my hair isn't even long enough for them quite yet!)? By the time my hair is longer I'll be in the same boat as Islandgrrl. I'll have invested too much in them to go cutting it off! (especially since I promised myself a custom TT stick once I get to about BSL-ish )

I've got a lot of years ahead of me in life, so I may eventually decide to cut it off, I don't know. I mean right now I doubt I will, I'll just vary exactly how long it is.
    SL-APL-BSL-WL-[HS]-TBL-Cl-KL
    Lady Sihaya, Sorceress of the Magical Isles in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

I've gone back and forth from long hair to short 3 or 4 times and I've really come to realize that I prefer myself with long hair. Plus, for me, it's easier to manage (I don't particularly like fussing with short styles and I hate not being able to tie it back out of my face). My goal is waist. If I DO cut it at that point, it wouldn't be any shorter than BSL.

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

I'd really like to get my hair to waist when straightened, at least. If I could get it to waist curly, I'd be even happier. But that is going to take many years. I am thinking 5 to 7 years, which will put me at age 65.

I am so encouraged that Groovy Granny is keeping hers forever and has even made plans for her husband to help her keep it in case of needing medical care (which you have to think about at our age). I'd like to think I would be able to also, but I can't say that for sure. I truly don't know how troublesome my hair will get as it gets longer (as I hope it will). sometimes I see things on the type 3 or type 4 threads that make me think it may be hard for a 60 or 70 year old lady, possibly with arthritis, to keep waist length hair of this type. so far, its been getting easier and easier to take care of, but I don't know if that will continue.

so I guess I have to say I'll see and it depends.

Unfortunately, from my experiences as a child I can say for sure that if I can't take care of it, no one else is going to . I jsut remember hairdressers' reactions to my hair and even my very own mother's. People are very impatient with thick hair in general and with tightly curly hair in particular. What I think would mostly likely happen is that if I can't care for it and no longer have control for some reason, the best case is that someone else will chemically straighten it and very likely someone else would cut it off. Caretakers like my sister, who lovingly took care of my grandmothers long hair after she was 92 and senile, are rare.
    <a href=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/uloma1/media/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg.html target=_blank>[IMG]<a href=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/uloma1/media/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a481/uloma1/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg target=_blank>http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/...psb7di14pc.jpg</a></a>[/IMG]</a>Proud to be a tightly curly!
    (SL-APL-BSL-Midback-Waist!)

Length
    27 in/27 in/33 in
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I've finally got to waist with a goal of tailbone. Sometimes my hair really annoys me so I toy with the idea of someday cutting back to somewhere about BSL again. I really really love all my forks and sticks though so there is no way I am ever going to be any shorter I don't think. I have thought of maybe,long long into the future, cutting and selling off my collection so other people could enjoy my things. I can't take them with me and I don't have anybody to hand them down to. We'll see. Maybe someday I will have a long haired grandchild who likes to stick antlers in his or her hair.

Length
    SL/Class/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

My goal is terminal, but if it ever gets annoying along the way, bye bye! Though I don't plan to be shorter than tailbone length at least most of the time It's a great length for me. At classic now it's getting more annoying as I love wearing my hair down.. I may have to give up on my goal But one thing is for sure, I can hardly imagine myself with shoulder length hair again!
    I love my hair, and kitties

Length
    2"/5"/45"
    Type
    2c/C/iii

I have every hope and intention of keeping my hair long and longer, once my goal (classic) is met (again!). :

Length
    24 in/48in/term
    Type
    1b/F/i

I do like how long my hair has gotten, it's beyond my wildest dreams to have healthy classic length with a lovely blunt hemline. But my scalp has gotten more and more sensitive to the weight of updos, and the tangling is just outrageous. I'm feeling pretty nostalgic lately about how easy waist length was and thinking more and more about it...

Length
    APL/APL/TBL!
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Well my hair doesn't really work well when it's "short" (as in short I mean like CBL and above). It gets too poofy. Like an afro. It's bad. Anyways, I really, really, REALLY love my hip+ length hair, and can't wait to get to TBL. When I get there, I'll maintain for a while, and maybe, MAYBE if I get fed up with it cut it back to waist, but I never see myself going shorter than that. I love my hair too much! <3