Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sugar Bear Hair Supplements??

Length
    ChL/SL/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Re: Sugar Bear Hair Supplements??

I don't use any supplements (i have tried and i forget to drink them anyway),as i am of the opinion that if i am not diagnosed in a Lack of (insert vitamin/mineral), i don't need to supplement it. I try to eat various foods to keep my body healthy, i feel well enough, my hair is growing, it's rather strong as well, so no supplements needed.

I wouldn't buy these. I think there are cheaper multivitamins out there that also include minerals and vitamins essential for hair and skin.

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Funny thing--almost all of you sound like Brad Mondo's review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWkUroF4QYc
    Not Cut, But After Washing, Before Brushing and Bunning...Baby steps!

Length
    birth/Knee/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Jo Ann View Post
    Funny thing--almost all of you sound like Brad Mondo's review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWkUroF4QYc
    I love him.

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

Length
    CBL/APL/FTL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeccalaurenxx View Post
    I don’t really buy into things that Instagram famous people and Kardashian’s sponsor online lol

But that’s just my take on it. I knew it was fake from the second that a celeb indorsed it.
    This.

I feel like this sort of brand pops up from time to time, a bunch of Instagram models and celebrities rave on and on about how great it is, and then it fades away, presumably when people are no longer paid to promote it.

We had a few miracolous hair and skin vitamins doing the rounds on blogs and Instagram profiles here in Norway too. Some people have looked into it and it's honestly such a dirty business.

Length
    0.5/8/WL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Stray_mind View Post
    I don't use any supplements (i have tried and i forget to drink them anyway),as i am of the opinion that if i am not diagnosed in a Lack of (insert vitamin/mineral), i don't need to supplement it. I try to eat various foods to keep my body healthy, i feel well enough, my hair is growing, it's rather strong as well, so no supplements needed.

I wouldn't buy these. I think there are cheaper multivitamins out there that also include minerals and vitamins essential for hair and skin.
    ^^THIS so much. Also gummy vitamins are notorious for containing very little of what they're supposed to be actually supplementing. These BS bears show up on socials because they sponsor a lot of influencers, not because they work.
    No trim first half 2019; No dye until 2020.

Length
    MBL/HIP/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

A bottle of 60 (2 daily) $30 USD. Last 30 days. $360 for 12 months.

This are reviews that erk me. Given the bottle last one month and this particular reviewer is on the second bottle, only has about let's say 1/2 inch of hair growth. Vitamins do absolutely nothing for hair that's already been grown out of the follicle.

"My hair feels stronger and is not breaking like before since of been using them currently on my second bottle"
    https://www.sugarbearhair.com/produc...8aAl9FEALw_wcB

In theory it would take you a year or so to see the effects of vitamins with new hair growth. Hair that's been grown out of the follicle (pre-vitamin) would not be affected by vitamins but only by external hair products. Some of these people with the reviews that they saw immediate results is a bunch of BS in my opinion.
    Last edited by *Wednesday*; October 22nd, 2018 at 12:15 PM.

Live as if you were to die tomorrow.
    Learn as if you were to live forever
    - Gandhi

Length
    CBL/APL/FTL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by *Wednesday* View Post

This are reviews that erk me. Given the bottle last one month and this particular reviewer is on the second bottle, only has about let's say 1/2 inch of hair growth. Vitamins do absolutely nothing for hair that's already been grown out of the follicle.

"My hair feels stronger and is not breaking like before since of been using them currently on my second bottle"

In theory it would take you a year or so to see the effects of vitamins with new hair growth. Hair that's been grown out of the follicle (pre-vitamin) would not be affected by vitamins but only by external hair products. Some of these people with the reviews that they saw immediate results is a bunch of BS in my opinion.
    Yes, yes, yes! Vitamins does not affect the hair already on one's head. It might grow out stronger and thicker, but like you said, that will take way more than a month or two to notice. The claims that people suddenly have thicker hair after taking whatever Magic Vitamins are trendy at the moment are either wishful thinking or just plain BS, and I wish more people would realize that. I remember an "after" photo I saw where the girl had about an inch of growth after two months. People applauded the efficiency of the product. Sigh.

Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Brad Mondo made a review to these on YouTube. And one thing he said stuck with me even though it's very obvious. He said something like "Okay, so your hair grew in a month.... it grows ANYWAYS" even without the gummy, it will still grow some.

I take generic gummy multivitamins, I take three instead of two because my diet is kind of poor. I've grown 6 inches in 10 months. I'm very okay with that.

Length
    0.5/8/WL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by *Wednesday* View Post

Yes this exactly! Your whole head of hair isn't going to feel softer from taking a vitamin until it fully grows out. I feel like there's some serious confirmation bias going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamberpestana View Post
    Brad Mondo made a review to these on YouTube. And one thing he said stuck with me even though it's very obvious. He said something like "Okay, so your hair grew in a month.... it grows ANYWAYS" even without the gummy, it will still grow some.

I take generic gummy multivitamins, I take three instead of two because my diet is kind of poor. I've grown 6 inches in 10 months. I'm very okay with that.
    Sometimes Brad Mondo peeves me but that's a helluva good point. Especially since a lot of the reviewers don't measure their hair growth before taking the supplements, only after. So they could literally just be measuring their normal growth rate and be none the wiser.

6inches in 10 months is nothing to be sniffed at either! Glad the generic multivitamins are working
    No trim first half 2019; No dye until 2020.