Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sugar Bear Hair Supplements??

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Sugar Bear Hair Supplements??

There in lies the problem right there on the label: Biotin ---- 1667% of your daily value. Jeez.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by parkmikii View Post
    Judging by the ingredients I think you'd be better with taking a normal multivitamin or even prenatal ones and a biotin supplement. It would equal the ones on the label and it would most likely be cheaper as well.
    I agree with this. You'd be better off with a regular multivitamin. Also less risk of Biotin overdosing! 1667% OMG! No way!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Very, very expensive for a very run-of-the-mill supplement.

1667% of your daily recommended dose of Biotin is way, way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by NagChampa View Post
    I didn't notice that! I did however spot someone I follow on Instagram raving about these gummies and luckily she posted the ingredients in full! This photo was cropped and taken directly from her post, these just look like a super hair vitamin compilation

Here's the full ingredient list ladies!

Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.

Length
    20/TBL/CL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

There is no good reason to overdose on any vitamin or mineral. The suggested daily intake has a scientific origin and to take 16.67 times the recommend amount daily for any significant length of time could easily cause damage, even if you do not see it immediately.

Length
    30"/32"/40"
    Type
    1a/M/i

Just wanted to revive this thread and say that a member of LHC has actually purchased these gummies and the link to her thread is here!:http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=136249
    The user is locddreamz and I hope she does not mind me including her username in this post!
    I am just updating this thread as I would be very interested to see her progress through the use of these new-found vitamins. I'm sure others would too. I look forward for hair quality and length updates!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I've seen cheaper gummy vitamins especially for hair, skin, nails, than this brand, so I do think it is over-hyped.
    These for example:
    http://www.drugstore.com/natures-bou...otin/qxp506347
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    APL/Hip/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I've seen cheaper gummy vitamins especially for hair, skin, nails, than this brand, so I do think it is over-hyped.
    These for example:
    http://www.drugstore.com/natures-bou...otin/qxp506347
    We actually have these at my house! I wish they were candy, because they taste delicious. You can actually get them buy one get one free from somewhere, but I don't remember what store.

Maintaining at hip length | Growing out natural color

Type
    2a/M/ii

I took these for three months and while I did not notice my hair becoming especially longer, quicker... I did notice that my hair was growing significantly "healthier". The amount of "baby" hairs I had was astounding, so new growth was definitely a plus. My hair was a lot shinier and softer as well. I enjoyed them. Other than that I did not see any reason to re-buy as much as I WANT to; they were tasty and fun and cute, helped new growth a LOT but other than that nothing special.
    "To be yourself is all that you can do" - Chris Cornell

I take the vitamins lapushka linked to -- just 1 per day though instead of the recommended 2 just to play it safer on the megadoses of vitamins. I actually take them for my nails, though, not my hair. Genetically the women in my family have incredibly weak flaky nails that split and break painfully as soon as they grow past the nail bed -- the periods in my life where I tried HSN vitamins for my hair I noticed my nails grow out strong and thick and don't split. (I have been on and off them in different life situations and environments and I'm pretty confident it's the vitamins over other factors).

If they work so well for the keratin structures in my nails with just half the recommended dose, I'm sure they probably help my hair, too, since the components are analogous/similar biologically. But the difference in my nails is certainly the most notable result for me. I don't like megadoses of biotin because of the acne.
    CBL - APL - MBL - BSL - WL - TBL

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I don’t really buy into things that Instagram famous people and Kardashian’s sponsor online lol

But that’s just my take on it. I knew it was fake from the second that a celeb indorsed it.

---APL----BSL---WL---HIP---TBL---
    Lady Nott, Horse Mistress of the Witching Hour in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.