Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Awkward hair lengths

Default Awkward hair lengths

My hair was wacked prettty good by a hairstylist about a month ago. Now my ends are thin, the only way I can wear it is up. Are there other ladies that are stuck in that shoulder/APL length, or awkward lengths that you don't like how your hair looks down and have to wear it up instead?

Length
    20APL/17”/More!
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

Default Re: Awkward hair lengths

I've been there. Sympathy! My hair is generally awkward at the length you're describing. It looks and feels much better past BSL. Anything shorter than that and I get Triangle Head and family members snicker behind my back. :/ I think my current length is awkward on me as well. I'm just an inch short of Tailbone, and I feel like the whole general behind area looks wrong on me because it draws attention to my long torso (and short legs) rather than minimizing it. Waist looks good on me, but it's too short for my taste. So I'm on the long crawl to Classic and pretty sure I will look a lot better at that length.
    Current length: 17”(ish)—Collarbone. Will be buzzing it short around New Year’s 2018. Ultimate goal: still Terminal.

Length
    pix/waist/hip?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

I have been there too. I loved shoulder/collarbone length hair. It was so easy to wash and style, and I loved wearing it down. But I think APL to BSL was the worst. It took around 8 months, and I never wore my hair down.

Be patient and one morning you will wake up with your goal length!

Length
    SL/WL/hip
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Am there right now - though it always grows pretty fast in the summer, so have shot from just below shoulder to just about APL in about 6-8 weeks.

Mother of Crocodiles YvetteVarie's Avatar
    Length
    TWA/BSB/max
    Type
    4a/4b/M/C/ii/iii

I have just managed to grow out of the awkward length. Anything longer than APL is ok on me, the shoulder/APL bit is the worst part of growing out.

Note to self: Never ever damage your hair so badly you have to cut it back to shoulder again
    CBL ~> APL ~>BSB~> BSL ~> MBL ~> WL ~>HL (stretched goals)

Slowly growing......

Length
    chin/26.8/long
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Shoulder and a little bit is bad, bad bad.... too long to go with hair down, as it goes everywhere, too short to reliably put up, and on top of that, the outgrown fringe. I so wish for the day when I'll be able to hold it all with one scrunchie, and not mess with bobby pins galore! I suspect it will get a bit more manageable by Christmas though...

Length
    6/24.5/45"
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Oh man, I was JUST there!! I'm growing my hair out from a really short pixie, and I've just barely made it to the stage that I can put it ALL up into a ponytail. It's fabulous!!! I've had to stick to the old LHC mantra of ignoring it so that it can grow though, lol. I look best when I can pile it up on my head in a loose bun, so I still can't wait until I get to that stage!!
    ** Henna Head! **
    "Your hair is the ball gown that you never take off." - Jo Robertson
    SL (16")- APL (21.5) - BSL (24.5") -MBL 26.5 - WL (29") - Hips (31")

Length
    MBL/SL/???
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

I'm there right now. A bit longer than cbl, but yet not apl. My hair is too thick and slippery for hair toys, so it's boring to keep it up. And awkward to keep it down.

Length
    18.5/24/37
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

Shoulder-BSL feels awkward to me, but maybe that's because my heart is set on my goal of waist-length and beyond...

Length
    10.5"/CBL/WL
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

I'm back after (almost exactly!) one year in need of support! I made a (poor) decision in December to get a post-breakup haircut. I had a pixie cut for a while, and now I'm at chin length with a bob I've been trimming myself. So many annoying little layers! Another thing- I went CG out of curiosity about three months ago, and have SPRINGY hair. I went from a 1c to a 3a. I can't wait until it's longer so it looks more pretty than, unruly....It doesn't help I BLEACHED it when it was shorter. I've covered it up with a demi-dye...but still. I now have awkward, super curly chin length hair, with an inch of black roots and medium/dark brown lengths. It's not...terrible....
    Lady Vineglow, Sage of Knowledge, Bottle Blonde Cat-Lady of The Order of the Long Haired Knights!