Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: More rant at a late night, but just wanna see if I'm not alone when...

Length
    Tbl/Bsl/Bsl
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

Default Re: More rant at a late night, but just wanna see if I'm not alone when...

I agree with Mimha on Copperlites comment, everyone has something insecure that makes us build walls around ourselves. Thing is, nobody really notices how weird you think are.

Length
    17/23/29
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Default Re: More rant at a late night, but just wanna see if I'm not alone when...

People sometimes just notice a change.

I mean, if you always have had long hair, even if its very long, they can stop noticing and make a big thing over someone they haven't met before who has hair only half as long. Just because the person is unfamiliar to them. People really do stop seeing what you look like after they have known you for a while, its a wierd thing.

Or if, they don't expect to see something. If you have a hairtype that people see a lot of longhairs with (very straight silky type hair, for instance) they can totally ignore you when they see a longhaired curly, for instance. Just because its not expected.
    <a href=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/uloma1/media/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg.html target=_blank>[IMG]<a href=http://s1280.photobucket.com/user/uloma1/media/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/a481/uloma1/september%202015%20flat%20ironed%20cropped_zpsb7di14pc.jpg target=_blank>http://i1280.photobucket.com/albums/...psb7di14pc.jpg</a></a>[/IMG]</a>Proud to be a tightly curly!
    (SL-APL-BSL-Midback-Waist!)

Length
    26/25.5/28
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I keep my weird hair obsession to myself as well. Well except for making my husband measure my ponytail And for me I do get compliments on my (now) bigger buns but unfortunately when I wear my hair down people say "wow, I thought your hair was so much longer because of your bun". lolol I'm okay with being ignored or being noticed except I do feel like a long hair fake when I get comments like that.
    Hair September 2015

Type
    2a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    Something similar that bugs me: I've taken the time to do a fancy braided style, go out to run errands, and nobody says a word. I whip in a quick french braid to keep the wind from blowing hair into my face, and collect compliments right and left.
    This happens to me all the time! one day I spent a considerable amount of time on a fancy braided hairstyle and nobody said a word, but the next morning I woke up and pulled my sleep bun out and just shook it out. My mom gushed over my yet to be brushed hair for 20 something minutes!!

I should just walk about with bed head then lol

BSL: Made it!Off to Waist!

Length
    class/TB/class
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I'm so grateful of all your support <3 Thanks so much guys I'm so glad to be here.

Length
    0.1/SHL/MB
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Something similar that bugs me: I've taken the time to do a fancy braided style, go out to run errands, and nobody says a word. I whip in a quick french braid to keep the wind from blowing hair into my face, and collect compliments right and left.
    Dammit it has hapenned to me too!!! :Took me about 30-40 minutes to do nice fancy braided stuff (mostly dutch braid stuff) and no one said a single word. Today I made a simple low ponytail and received like 4 straight comments on it, mostly that it looks very good, my length and how shiny is!!!

Heck, I'm about to give up braiding. Because of my super dark hair braids are barely noticeable, it slips because it's damn slippery straight, work out arms hurt and it takes a lot of time avoiding bumps-loop sided looks!!!!!!!

I style my hair for myself however it can be a total let down when you spend so much time and people are like: Yeah whatever!!!!

Im a natural 1B-C head and growing out from so!

<a href=https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=69220&dateline=1544502239 target=_blank>https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...ine=1544502239</a>

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Same here. My hair's neatly in this LWB when I'm up. On wash day, it gets clipped up to dry (curly girl method) and my mom says she really likes that "style" and I should wear it like that more - while it's only a means to an end, you know.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I had a french slide try to run away at work once - the twist actually BENT, and the looped bun part migrated down to above and slightly behind my right ear, and I got compliments galore on that fiasco - but almost never on my intact updos, lol.
    "Life is a jest; and all things show it. I thought so once; but now I know it." - Bette Davis

Length
    12/20/26
    Type
    1a/F/i

This reminded me of a moment I had the other day. I've been growing my hair for over 2 years with minimal trims and just hit waist, so I've been really excited about this (& finally feeling like my hair is long). Anyway, I was buying something and the cashier had hair that was about WL, maybe a little longer. I said something like "your hair is so gorgeous!" and she said something like "thanks, it isn't extensions! People always think that! I really need to get my roots dyed, my sister is a hairdresser and does them for me." That was pretty much it, no big deal. But then I started getting oddly annoyed. My hair is about as long as hers, but I literally haven't gotten a single compliment on it in ages. I guess I'm just jealous ahaha, or maybe I don't have hair worthy of compliments & I'm just in denial. I am quite tall & I don't think it's incredibly obvious that my hair is WL, from the front it looks like it'd be more like BSL. I guess I thought if anyone would appreciate my hair it'd be another person with long hair...and that wasn't the case. I feel so incredibly petty and shallow saying that, but I guess when you've worked hard and waited so long you kind of want someone, anyone, to notice & say "good job! it looks great!". :P
    Cut to APL(ish) July 28, 2016
    APL --- BSL --- Waist

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/31.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Oh jeez. This so much. I wear my hair in an English braid, and people go nuts. I get hair-mishandled all the time if I wear my hair in a pony or a regular braid.

I master a beautiful intricate braided bun, and not a word.

Such is the way of the life for longhairs.