Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: More rant at a late night, but just wanna see if I'm not alone when...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    class/TB/class
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Default More rant at a late night, but just wanna see if I'm not alone when...

When you're in a place and you have supah long hair and then people comment on another person's hair and you just feel like a joke because you stand there with your ponytail that crosses your whole back and people just go to a person with mid-back length ''Wow you're hair's pretty long''. And you're just like ''Hhh! Hmph! ?<M&CHfbeio''

Or when someone as a greater length and they keep getting comments while you go invisible.

Haaah. I kinda am starting to keep all the hair enthusiast for myself now cause I just feel like a freak to be so into this. I mean I'm not the only one it's just that (I think I read that somewhere) it just feels awkward when a HairGrower goes like full passionate hair talk with a person I dunno about the rest but I'm starting to feel really ridiculous. XD I don't feel ridiculous with you guys of course. It's just that like.

I'm this random person that got her hair badly cut just before 8th grade and that started searching for tips and tricks since then...

and now I'm kinda unsure about how to act around people.

but if you ask me I have this huge goal and dedication for... hair growth.

I just feel so weird from like an imagined point of view of others. But I mean, I'm grateful to have this goal that gives me challenges and opportunities to accomplish myself. Still, I think I'll keep it as an obscure part of myself from now on, so I can feel less like a freak.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Default Re: More rant at a late night, but just wanna see if I'm not alone when...

Welcome to the place where all the other freaks hang out Seriously, you can talk about hair here as much as you like and we don't think you are odd at all. At least, no more than the rest of us Just jump right in and enjoy the LHC
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Default Re: More rant at a late night, but just wanna see if I'm not alone when...

Something similar that bugs me: I've taken the time to do a fancy braided style, go out to run errands, and nobody says a word. I whip in a quick french braid to keep the wind from blowing hair into my face, and collect compliments right and left.

Type
    2a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    Something similar that bugs me: I've taken the time to do a fancy braided style, go out to run errands, and nobody says a word. I whip in a quick french braid to keep the wind from blowing hair into my face, and collect compliments right and left.
    This happens to me all the time! one day I spent a considerable amount of time on a fancy braided hairstyle and nobody said a word, but the next morning I woke up and pulled my sleep bun out and just shook it out. My mom gushed over my yet to be brushed hair for 20 something minutes!!

I should just walk about with bed head then lol

BSL: Made it!Off to Waist!

Length
    0.1/SHL/MB
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Dammit it has hapenned to me too!!! :Took me about 30-40 minutes to do nice fancy braided stuff (mostly dutch braid stuff) and no one said a single word. Today I made a simple low ponytail and received like 4 straight comments on it, mostly that it looks very good, my length and how shiny is!!!

Heck, I'm about to give up braiding. Because of my super dark hair braids are barely noticeable, it slips because it's damn slippery straight, work out arms hurt and it takes a lot of time avoiding bumps-loop sided looks!!!!!!!

I style my hair for myself however it can be a total let down when you spend so much time and people are like: Yeah whatever!!!!

Im a natural 1B-C head and growing out from so!

<a href=https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=69220&dateline=1544502239 target=_blank>https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...ine=1544502239</a>

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Same here. My hair's neatly in this LWB when I'm up. On wash day, it gets clipped up to dry (curly girl method) and my mom says she really likes that "style" and I should wear it like that more - while it's only a means to an end, you know.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I had a french slide try to run away at work once - the twist actually BENT, and the looped bun part migrated down to above and slightly behind my right ear, and I got compliments galore on that fiasco - but almost never on my intact updos, lol.
    "Life is a jest; and all things show it. I thought so once; but now I know it." - Bette Davis

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/35"/55"
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Oh jeez. This so much. I wear my hair in an English braid, and people go nuts. I get hair-mishandled all the time if I wear my hair in a pony or a regular braid.

I master a beautiful intricate braided bun, and not a word.

Such is the way of the life for longhairs.

Length
    SL/Knee/???
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

Yes!! I completely get this! I try not to let it get to me since my hair is not supposed to just be for garnering compliments, but it does bug me.

Length
    26/30/34
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Yeah... I know what you mean here ... And Spidermom, whilst I don't do braids , I do try different buns. I've realized to everyone other than people in the LHC, a bun is a bun. No one notices the differing loops or twists. I expect it's largely the same with braids. With beautiful hair sticks I get "oh you've got a pen in your bun?" I may as well go to office works and get a few cheapies. I'm learning to just do it and enjoy it for my own pleasure though. Not worry to much what others think or say. Sure I have hair envy sometimes but I try to learn from those with similar hair and texture to my own and not those whose thickness and texture I will never have. I look at growth and improvement in my hair, comparing it to itself. I'm starting a hair journal this year and going to celebrate my own successes. It may be something to consider creaturebailey? We're all here cheering each other on so find threads with similarly "folicalled" folk and join in!