Thread: SoCal Curls

Length
    -BSL/BSL+/MBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default SoCal Curls

http://www.socalcurls.com/

Has anyone tried this? It looks really great.

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Default Re: SoCal Curls

The method is exactly the same as the "headband curls" , only this one can be done with mild heat. Any ribbon or scarf or headband can be used this way, too.

It does give really beautiful and natural-looking results!

Just a quick warning: the SoCal video says that no tangling occurs, but some people do get tangling from headband curls (from all the wrapping and unusual sectioning that happens as you are adding strands along). This is particularly a risk for really long or very thick or poofy or multi-textured hair.

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Headband curls are great - to an extent. Your hair can't be too too long, or you will get super tangly hair. I would not recommend this on hair longer than APL/BSL, due to how many times you need to wrap it around the band and the risk of tangling (bad tangles and knots).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    BSL/Hip/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

I tried headband curls once and they did look very pretty but gave lots of tangles, so I second what's already said

I approve the tangle mess on waist+ length hair. I have seen very pretty results on other people though.

Length
    23/32/41
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Headband curls are great - to an extent. Your hair can't be too too long, or you will get super tangly hair. I would not recommend this on hair longer than APL/BSL, due to how many times you need to wrap it around the band and the risk of tangling (bad tangles and knots).
    Yeah, I was so disappointed when I tried headband curls on my hair when it was waist length. I had a ton of tangling on my ends (and my hair isn't usually too tangle prone).
    They look so cute on the people that they work for though.

Eta: if you're only trying to achieve the tied up with a headband look and not the curling bit, then you can braid your hair first and that avoids a lot of the tangles.
    Last edited by elsieivy; January 5th, 2016 at 09:09 AM.
    "It must have been the roses, the roses or the ribbons in her long brown hair" -Robert Hunter

Length
    SL/FTL/FTL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    ^^^ Yes. I tried this at hip length, and had to cut the headband out of my hair. Fortunately, I didn't have to cut my hair. Don't even attempt if you're past BSL. There are other ways to curl it that won't result in a disaster.
    Lady Vrindi of the Shining Sea of Waves of the order of the Long Haired Knights!
    www.theravenandthelotus.com