Page 204 of 209 FirstFirst ... 104154194202203204205206 ... LastLast
Results 2,031 to 2,040 of 2085

Thread: Before and after - one year of hair growth. Show us your photos!

Length
    BSL/calf/floor
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: Before and after - one year of hair growth. Show us your photos!

Great progress, erebus! Your ponytail looks awesome

I have a one year comparison! I was maintaining during 2020 and I'm pretty happy with how my hemline has filled in.

I also have a 5 year comparison to show, as I have an old length shot from January 2016. I could juuust call classic back then. Side by side, same outfit...as if I was standing there all that time waiting for it to grow

Apparently I've grown 19" in that time, considering my many trims. My hemline is actually better now. I've way exceeded my own expectations, so I'm happy and still curious how much further I can go

Length
    Short/Neck+/Floor

So wonderful! Keep going! I too want to see what the future has in store length wise for you

Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    Great progress, erebus! Your ponytail looks awesome

I have a one year comparison! I was maintaining during 2020 and I'm pretty happy with how my hemline has filled in.

I also have a 5 year comparison to show, as I have an old length shot from January 2016. I could juuust call classic back then. Side by side, same outfit...as if I was standing there all that time waiting for it to grow

Apparently I've grown 19" in that time, considering my many trims. My hemline is actually better now. I've way exceeded my own expectations, so I'm happy and still curious how much further I can go
    That hemline is indeed beautiful. Also, good growth over those five years.

Length
    16/21/36+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

I was a bit surprised by this. I found a photo we took in Jan 2020 and compared to today it is so horrible! It has no shine, despite it being taken in the sunlight. It looks rough. The difference is amazing. Makes me more keen then ever to stick to the rice water for washing my hair! First photo - expensive shampoo and conditioner that my hair dresser sold me. Second photo, a couple of months of nothing but the rice water for washing and conditioning!

Length
    16/21/36+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post

Your hair is AWESOME!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEliza View Post
    I was a bit surprised by this. I found a photo we took in Jan 2020 and compared to today it is so horrible! It has no shine, despite it being taken in the sunlight. It looks rough. The difference is amazing. Makes me more keen then ever to stick to the rice water for washing my hair! First photo - expensive shampoo and conditioner that my hair dresser sold me. Second photo, a couple of months of nothing but the rice water for washing and conditioning!

Your results are wonderful Eliza! Just to clarify, did you abandon shampoos and conditioners completely nad replaced the with rice water or did you just use the S&C less frequently?

Length
    16/21/36+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by shoyo View Post
    Your results are wonderful Eliza! Just to clarify, did you abandon shampoos and conditioners completely nad replaced the with rice water or did you just use the S&C less frequently?
    Yes, just the rice water, washed 3 to 4 days with fermented rice water, leave on 20 minutes then shower (as I don't have a running spring ) Wrap it in a jersey nighty for 1/2 hour to sop up most water, then leave to dry and comb with a wide tooth comb.

Edit to confirm - no shampoo or conditioner for 5 weeks now.

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Your hair looks so glossy! Glad you found something that worked for you

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEliza View Post
    Yes, just the rice water, washed 3 to 4 days with fermented rice water, leave on 20 minutes then shower (as I don't have a running spring ) Wrap it in a jersey nighty for 1/2 hour to sop up most water, then leave to dry and comb with a wide tooth comb.

Edit to confirm - no shampoo or conditioner for 5 weeks now.
    got it. thanks for sharing!

Length
    CL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Lapis, your hair looks a-ma-zing! Your hemline has thickened up so well!

LadyEliza, I love the shine! It looks very healthy. Never knew one could wash their hair with fermented rice water, sounds very interesting!