Page 125 of 270 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 2698

Thread: Before and after - one year of hair growth. Show us your photos!

Length
    24”/33.5"/39"
    Type
    1a/F/i

Default Re: Before and after - one year of hair growth. Show us your photos!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyponies View Post
    Littlehealthy I get it! Wait to call waist till you’re ready. I had the same thing with everyone saying to call it already so I just called it in the end ha ha! With a person with pretty standard proportions we ought to be at waist but being so tall there’s a longer way to, say, bcl than usual so when you look at a pic that includes more of your back the hair looks, well, shorter.

Your hair has grown so much and it’s great seeing your thickness travelling down too
    Yes, I feel my second pic doesn’t accurately show just how much more of my back there is below where the hair ends. There’s only a few tiny hairs at waist and even then, it’s BARELY waist. I want my hair to at least look waist length before I call it and I always measured and considered it to be at least 30”! It’s tricky, the bodily milestones look so different on everyone. Which is obviously exciting too, but makes it hard to know when to call it not that it really matters much! But I really want to be at waist in relation to the what actually looks like waist length on my body
    Last edited by LittleHealthy; August 16th, 2019 at 10:33 AM.
    APL - BSL - *MBL* - WL - HL - TBL
    Last trim: 12th March 2021
    Pantene fanatic, sulphate and silicone lover

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I know what you mean littlehealthy. I have called waist a few months back but even still feel like I'm at mbl when I look in the mirror. I think our own perspective makes it harder for us to see our own progress, but other looking at us from the outside see our progress much easier. Whether you call it now or later doesnt really matter, you're still growing and making strides towards your goals!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Stray_mind View Post
    Before:

After:

I had two trims in between
    Great growth!

Quote Originally Posted by MissMuse View Post
    I'm never sure I post these correct. But August 2018 to August 2019
    Your hair looks beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleHealthy View Post
    August 2018 vs August 2019. The bra is a little irrelevant as I was pregnant in the first photo and the strap sits so much higher in the first photo. But the tattoo on my arm gives an accurate reference.
    That's some great growth!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Ok this is 11 months BUT in honor of the silk press thread this was my last (oh and I mean last) silk press. It came out gorgeous but my hair was F***ED - see heat damage album.

And this is my terrible attempt at flat-ironing after blow-drying on lowish heat last night. I think I could have gotten close to the above picture with more heat, but obviously I don't want to ruin my hair again so I just accepted that I won't have this silky look again until I'm ready to take that risk.

in a possibly permanent lurk mode

Length
    3"/APL/WL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    Ok this is 11 months BUT in honor of the silk press thread this was my last (oh and I mean last) silk press. It came out gorgeous but my hair was F***ED - see heat damage album.

And this is my terrible attempt at flat-ironing after blow-drying on lowish heat last night. I think I could have gotten close to the above picture with more heat, but obviously I don't want to ruin my hair again so I just accepted that I won't have this silky look again until I'm ready to take that risk.
    Ok you may not agree with me but I think your hair in the second photo is far more stunning than super straight and thin! I personally love the volume, the thickness, the length and the amazing poof, I think it makes for such a stunning head turning mane! And to think it takes less heat to get there!

Your hair has grown a lot blackgothicdoll in the last 11 months and even looks like it filled in a lot. Amazing progress and congratulations
    Stretched: Chin | SL | CBL | APL | BSL | MBL | WL
    Unstretched: Chin | SL | CBL | APL | | BSL | MBL | WL
    Last Straightening Treatment Feb 2017. Last Chem Dye Aug 2019. Last Henna Feb 2020

Length
    APL/28.5"/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I don't see any photos?! Blackgothicdoll

ETA: I see them, wow wow wow!!! What a difference! I much prefer the second look - the volume, the life in your hair,you look like a Black Gothic Goddess!
    Last edited by elfynity; August 20th, 2019 at 12:50 PM.
    BSL -> MBL -> WL (almost) -> Hip->TBL!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post

Great growth and your hair looks so beautiful in the second photo!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by BerrySara View Post
    Ok you may not agree with me but I think your hair in the second photo is far more stunning than super straight and thin! I personally love the volume, the thickness, the length and the amazing poof, I think it makes for such a stunning head turning mane! And to think it takes less heat to get there!

Your hair has grown a lot blackgothicdoll in the last 11 months and even looks like it filled in a lot. Amazing progress and congratulations
    Thank you! It's definitely an image adjustment, as is wearing my natural hair (well, I still only do buns or dutch braids). But I do sometimes miss the sleek and silky look. It shocks me because clearly my hair wasn't meant to look like that or do that, and some cultural conditioning has made me think that the sleek and straight hair is the only way it's beautiful for years... so reversing that conditioning is a challenge. But the floof is way more fun to play with!

And yes I keep getting frustrated but taking pictures really helps. I'm surprised how much my hair has grown. I had some serious thinning around my temples as well from tight buns and overall bad treatment that has filled back in a lot. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by elfynity View Post
    I don't see any photos?! Blackgothicdoll

ETA: I see them, wow wow wow!!! What a difference! I much prefer the second look - the volume, the life in your hair,you look like a Black Gothic Goddess!
    Thank you!! That made me smile so much!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Great growth and your hair looks so beautiful in the second photo!
    Thank you so much!
    in a possibly permanent lurk mode

Length
    CL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Wonderful growth, blackgothicdoll! I really like your hair in the second picture, that volume is gorgeous
    It proves that hair doesn't need to be straight and sleek to be considered beautiful IMO

The Cheery Raggamuffin AutobotsAttack's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/40in/FTL
    Type
    3c/4a/F/iii

Ponytail growth:

Feb 2018
    via Imgflip Meme Generator

Very end of Feb 2019
    via Imgflip Meme Generator
    “A Wizard is never late! He arrives precisely when he means to!”
    Chin>Neck>SL>BSL>WL>HL>BCL>TBL>Classic>Upper Thigh
    I was the only one who wasn’t King Fu Fighting.