Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Reason for Your Goal!

Length
    26/25.5/28
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: The Reason for Your Goal!

I've never had long hair and I wanted to see if it was possible. Fast forward 4 years here (I think) and it's still at BSL. Turns out I can't grow it long. Also turns out aging is thinning my hair. I think my terminal is about 100 hairs going to waist. At least that's the longest it's been able to reach so far. That's also short lived because those 100 hairs are so straggly I usually cut them back to BSL.

My current goal is to grow out healthy shiny hair to terminal length OR the longest possible that still looks good. Whichever comes first.
    Hair September 2015

I had long hair pretty much my entire life but never longer than TBL. That's because I cut it back to waist thinking that I'd be able to do more styles with it... I've always seen videos on youtube of people doing different hairstyles and I just always felt like I have way too much hair for any of them to work and it was too long to deal with. Then I came on LHC and got really inspired by all the members here and decided to grow. My first goal was classic, but now I'm hoping I can get to FTL. The reason I chose FTL is because it looks so gorgeous and it seems the perfect length, it's long but not so long you wouldn't be able to live with it anymore (I'm sure you could get used to it but it seems high maintenance and dedication and I'm too lazy ) and classic is just a tad bit longer than TBL on me so... It probably wouldn't bring me as much satisfaction as FTL... And I'm young and crazy and I have time to experiment and grow and learn different hairstyles to make my life in the future easier lol... When I get to FTL I'll see whether I'll keep growing it, maintain at FTL or cut it shorter...

Just letting it grow ravenheather's Avatar
    Length
    16/23/Term
    Type
    2b/F/ii

My goal is terminal because I have no idea how long my hair will grow. I didn't wanna to get my heart set on a particular length only to find out that my genetics are working against me. I truly want to be accepting of my hair as it's meant to be.

Going for terminal, but also enjoying wearing my hair down and curly.

Length
    BSL/CL/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I probably explained that before, as there were threads like this in the past.

As a young teen I had classic length, and so now at 43 I have classic length again. I wanted to reach that goal again, because of the fond memories I had of my hair being that length.
    To be fair, the last time anyone posted in those goal threads was mid 2014. I had to use advanced search ,titles only, mane forum only to get them.
    Maybe the goal setting/inspiration/idols threads should get a post of their own and be part of the FAQ.

One part of the question is new, to me.
    If you are satisfied with your length, why do you stay?

While I'm not the sort to be satisfied with length, I can say why I stay, as I'm on multiple hair communities.
    LHC is hands down the deepest reservoir of practical care tips on the web. It's PG rated and keeps the creepers out, or at least creepers without manners.
    I go elsewhere for my creepy people, please and thank you.
    LHC is inherently welcoming. Even in real time, face to face meets.
    Granted, those meets make me feel like I have short hair, but whatever.

We have our issues. We have room to improve.
    We could be more welcoming to men, who often have a harder time on this journey.
    We could understand African hair textures more. I know I'm getting an education in it as our Black members post.
    We could be more welcoming to non binary and trans people, without the politics.
    We could have more science based advice. And listen when people stand up and say, that's a really bad idea (biotin megadosing comes to mind).
    Last edited by truepeacenik; November 29th, 2015 at 09:50 AM.
    Join a declutter challenge http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=141272

Nevertheless, she persisted.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by truepeacenik View Post
    To be fair, the last time anyone posted in those goal threads was mid 2014. I had to use advanced search ,titles only, mane forum only to get them.
    Maybe the goal setting/inspiration/idols threads should get a post of their own and be part of the FAQ.
    Maybe some of them can be merged... here's an idea.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    BSL/CL/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Gads... They'd look like Ficcare threads... An abyss of information that can't be found!
    Making one master thread, and linking all of them, but keeping only one open might work.
    I personally find threads of more than 100 pages too daunting.
    If I ran the zoo, and I'm heartily glad I do not, I'd have these recurring threads active until a certain post number, close it, opening a new one with the link to the previous one at the same time. Each new thread would link to the just pervious one, which would have the preceding thread and so on.
    Join a declutter challenge http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=141272

Nevertheless, she persisted.

Length
    10?/20/25
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I want to reach waist length because I'm curious how it will look on me. That's the only reason I have, actually.

Length
    APL/Hip/Class
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I am growing my hair long because ever since I was very little I have dreamed about long, princess hair. My mom however, had other ideas and kept my hair in a bob for my whole childhood ("short hair is easier to manage"). When I got a bit older I discovered flat irons and began abusing my hair with them. Long story short: I never had long hair even though I dreamt about it. But now, when I know how to care for my hair and have all of you ladies and gents to ask for advice whenever I am in doubt I think I will be able to grow the mane of my dreams.

When I first started growing my hair I thought waist would be a nice length, but like many others here at LHC I wanted to grow longer once I hit my original goal. Now I am aiming for the stars and my goal is classic or at least TBL.
    Sorry for any errors in my text, I am writing on my phone.

Length
    Chin/FTL/Knee
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I want knee length hair because I love the natural look and feel of extremely long hair. I have always been inspired by the portrayal of hair amongst first nations people and I see long hair as a reflection of a person's connection with the earth. The longer my hair gets, the more ethereal I feel.

Sorry for posting similar to an existing thread. Truepeacenik, with the question about being satisfied with one's length, I meant to provide an opportunity for anyone to share why they want to stay at a certain length, not why they stay here on LHC sorry if that wasn't clear!