Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: The Reason for Your Goal!

Length
    12/30 MB/Waist
    Type
    2a/C/ii/iii

Default Re: The Reason for Your Goal!

I have wanted waist length hair since I started growing it in 2011. I think long hair is more feminine to me. I had short hair all my life to that point. I see no reason to ever have short hair. I probably associate it with my transition. It is a part of my identity and who I am.

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I used to want somewhere classic - knee length because that's my favorite on other people.

Now I just want to be at a length that is manageable, comfortable, and looks good on me. That's why my current goal listed is "happy".
    I think the longest I can have my hair is APL and after that I always seem to chop it all off. Maybe someday in the future I will surpass that length but it's long off.
    I had waist+ length as a child, but that was over 15 years ago now.

I'm sorta shooting for a bob with an undercut currently, but taking it very slow. Any day I could decide to shave all of it off again without a care in the world.
    (Okay I guess I care a bit, I don't like the way I look with hair shorter than a bob, but comfort is far more important to me.)

A lot of this has to do with my daughter. She's currently 1 year + 1 month (13 months) old. I also have sensory issues from being on the autism spectrum.
    I'd gotten my hair to past APL but then I shaved it all off when she was 4 months old because I just couldn't handle it anymore.
    The hormones had my hair getting greasy every other day and falling out like mad. She was also an extremely difficult newborn which did not help matters.

I might not be able to grow past my current pixie until she stops being a toddler though, she pulls on other mom's* hair violently when she's angry and I couldn't handle that. She already scratches and hits me, hair pulling is a huge Nope for me.
    (*we're both girls, my partner is trans, we're both bio parents.)
    Just trying to get by

Length
    Buzz/Pixie/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Hip initially because that looked 'long' to me
    Since LHC land it fluctuates between mid thigh to Knee for aesthetic and sephiroth reasons ��
    I love and relate to this
    Just trying to get by

Length
    12.5/17/44+
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcriminal View Post

Hair long enough to be out of the ordinary is also my way of showing that I can keep a commitment and put in hard work without instant gratification.
    I definitely feel this!

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

My goal is knee, just because that'll be the longest it's ever been if I get there. My previous record was mid-thigh.

Good luck with your goals everyone!

Length
    12.5/17/44+
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

My goal is to grow my hair for 10 years.
    1. I want to do something that's essentially just for me. Consistency over time. Caring for my hair will be self-care after years of just needing my routine to be the simplest possible (spending 2 minutes on my hair a day or less).
    2. My mom started greying in her mid-40s. I'm 30 years old now. I will embrace greys as they come, but I figure this will be my last full decade without greys provided I'm not super stressed. So why not embrace my natural tawny color before I begin to say goodbye to it.
    3. My youngest kid is now past the hair-pulling phase and all of my children can now be expected to give me a little space in the morning and evenings, so this is the right time for me to start growing.
    4. My children and their gorgeous hair have given me inspiration to care for myself, and I look forward to the challenge of making a discipline for myself.
    5. I love long hair on others and I can't wait to do intricate styles with buns and braids.

Also care for household: DH: 1c/C/iii, CBL; S: long-haired XL dog (6in winter coat!);
    H: 1c/M/ii, pixie; A: 4c/F/i pixie 3 months loc'd with 250 micro (interlocking); P: 1b/F/ii BSL