Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Reason for Your Goal!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Reason for Your Goal!

If you would like to, please share with us the reason you want to get to your goal length! Or if you like your length, what motivates you to stay there?
    Were you inspired by a character or real live person? Do you want to see your hair's potential? Do you find it the most visually pleasing?
    I want to get to Classic length because it is so eye-catching! A teenager with her hair in front of her shoulders, that reached to the top of her thigh, inspired me to attempt great lengths. I wanted long hair from the moment I first watched Pocahontas as a child. She was just so pretty and I loved her long, free hair!

Length
    Waist/BSL/TBD
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Re: The Reason for Your Goal!

Thanks for this thread.
    My reason is mainly because my hair is thick enough and has the genetics to go long and not that many people have long and I don't like to be like everyone else and long hair is so pretty and eye-catching when properly maintained. One person that has inspired me was Arwen from LOTR, she has dark hair and it's just gorgeous. I love it! Galadriel's is also very pretty.

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

The reason I chose Classic for my goal was because my maternal grandmother had classic length hair and my father always used to tell me how beautiful it was. He would sit and watch her brush it when he was a little boy. So I want to honour her by growing my hair like hers and it seems that I have the genetics to be able to do that.

Plus I think it is romantic and in a way, it is a link between myself and all the long haired ladies right throughout history, it's like I am continuing on with the tradition of long hair.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

This is THE most beautiful reason to grow your hair EVER

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post
    The reason I chose Classic for my goal was because my maternal grandmother had classic length hair and my father always used to tell me how beautiful it was. He would sit and watch her brush it when he was a little boy. So I want to honour her by growing my hair like hers and it seems that I have the genetics to be able to do that.

Plus I think it is romantic and in a way, it is a link between myself and all the long haired ladies right throughout history, it's like I am continuing on with the tradition of long hair.
    Last edited by fhairyqueen; April 26th, 2018 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Wrote isn’t instead of is ... sorry

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by fhairyqueen View Post
    This is THE most beautiful reason to grow your hair EVER
    Thank you! Of course my goal has changed, but the rest still applies...

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahlabyrinth View Post

My first LHC goal was waist before I decided to go for Classic.

Once I reached Classic (such a lovely length) I wondered if I would be able to reach the Knee milestone (also I heard that Laura Ingalls of Little House on the Prairie fame had knee length hair in real life, so, being a fan of hers I wanted to see if i could achieve that, too). Also, I had been admiring it on Seeshami for so many years.... I never thought I would be able to reach knee.

Now, out of pure curiosity as to how long my hair might grow if I let it, I plan on attempting ankle length and hope I will be able to make it before old age strikes. Plus I think ankle length hair is stunningly beautiful and eye-catching and I will be like those Victorian ladies with looong hair in those old photographs. All going well I hope to reach it at around the end of 2020...it's not that long to wait and time flies by so quickly...

Sarahlabyrinth I like the tradition of it too!

Length
    CBL/TBL/-
    Type
    1c/M/ii

At the end of my last growth journey I reached my goal of TBL. I chose it then because I felt it looked properly long at that point and I think it's very pretty to have hair covering most of one's torso. I chose classic this time because I got to TBL before and I want to do myself one better, plus I also think classic is very romantic.
    Caution: LHC-itis may become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    chin/thigh/knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I've had long-ish hair for quite some time-- never shorter than BSL since my college days 15+ years ago. Over this time I'd go as long as hip length, then get annoyed with it getting stuck in the waist of my pants and cut it back. Around the time my son was born, I'd chopped it to mid-back, and then life got busy and I was too tired to even think about my hair, which of course just continued to grow, and then one day I notice it's creeping past my butt. I'd blown right through the previously annoying stuck in the pants stage, and found a new interest in my hair again.

So now, I want to see how long I can grow it, and have a tentative goal of knee length but may become terminal length. I also like the wow factor I get with extra-long hair, and the option to conceal it (if I don't want to stand out) with a bun. Apparently my hair compacts well when up as I often get "how did you fit all that length into that bun" or "it doesn't look like it could be that long when it's all piled on your head".

Length
    10/APL/WL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I have never had long hair, it's only ever been collar bone length or shorter. Right now it's APL. My final goal is waist length, maybe even hip! I decided to grow it long because I recently got into metal music... I feel like such a dork saying that, but I really want long headbanger hair! Recently I went to a concert where I got to be in front, and the lead singer's hair was so long that I got whipped in the face with it. It was pretty hilarious. She is definitely my hair goals embodied haha. (She is Vicky Psarakis, vocalist for The Agonist) Besides that, I guess I've just always envied long, healthy hair. It looks so gorgeous. And it would be a new experience, since I've never had hair that's long before.