Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Reason for Your Goal!

Length
    cbl/ftl/knee
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Default Re: The Reason for Your Goal!

۞
    Lady Tyet, Weaver of the Endless Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    21/37/51
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Because it's out of the ordinary! Super-short hair on women isn't uncommon anymore, and tailbone length hair is still in the realm of normal (at least in my family). When I hit classic, it'll stand out. (and once I hit classic and clean up my ends, I'll consider moving on mid thigh)

Hair long enough to be out of the ordinary is also my way of showing that I can keep a commitment and put in hard work without instant gratification.
    34-35-36-37-38-39-CLASSIC!

Length
    Pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

It sounds odd, but ever since I was a kid, if I closed my eyes and thought about myself, I saw suuuper long hair in my mental self-image, something between knee and floor length. Even though I kept my hair short for a long time even after I had control over the length, that was still always in the back of my head. Then I got the shortest haircut I'd ever had on pure impulse, and that's when I just knew it was time to start trying to grow it out to the length I saw in my head. I don't know if I'll make it all the way past knee, but I need to get my hair as long as possible to see if that's really what I want to look like (and if I can handle the upkeep) or if it's just a misguided fancy that turned into an obsession.
    Nique ~ Journeying from pixie in 2011 to who knows where

Pixie ~ Shoulder ~ APL ~ BSL ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ BCL ~ Tailbone ~ Classic ~ Fingertip ~ Knee?

Length
    17/23/28
    Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtcriminal View Post
    I can keep a commitment and put in hard work without instant gratification.
    That resonates with me too! It is a commitment. And I like that.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMane View Post
    If you would like to, please share with us the reason you want to get to your goal length! Or if you like your length, what motivates you to stay there?
    Were you inspired by a character or real live person? Do you want to see your hair's potential? Do you find it the most visually pleasing?
    I want to get to Classic length because it is so eye-catching! A teenager with her hair in front of her shoulders, that reached to the top of her thigh, inspired me to attempt great lengths. I wanted long hair from the moment I first watched Pocahontas as a child. She was just so pretty and I loved her long, free hair!
    I probably explained that before, as there were threads like this in the past.

As a young teen I had classic length, and so now at 43 I have classic length again. I wanted to reach that goal again, because of the fond memories I had of my hair being that length.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

With short wurly silver, I looked like my Grandmother with a perm (love you Memere ), and it was very hard to style.
    Rather than stay miserable, I decided to go back in time, and grow my hair like it was in the 1960's.... MBL/WL.

Here they mostly 'curl up and dye' and go short for my age (63+) so I am going against the grain; you only see a few older longhairs here

While browsing pinterest for inspiration, I spotted Carina Amani and aimed to get to her length; the pics of other older longhair silvers also kept me strong in my potential and resolve.

Now I have gone way beyond my initial goal of Carina's BSL, and I loved it....so on I go.

I am already the longest I have ever been in my life at WL+, but wish to grow on to HIP.
    It will cover my back, is sensual, and yet while being the longest I have ever been, it will be easily managed ...up or down; I love it down in the Winter
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; November 28th, 2015 at 05:44 PM.

Length
    HL/TBL+/TBL+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I have many reasons for choosing my length, but the heart of it is that long hair makes me feel feminine and attractive I'm a girly kind of girl, so long hair suits my personality.

But I'm also a very practical kind of girl, which means I refuse to grow to a length that makes me feel like I'm a slave to my hair. I wear it down most of the time, so my current length (which is hovering around BCL) is the best balance between aesthetics and practicality for me. It's long enough to get noticed but not so long that I have to treat it with kid gloves. I can enjoy feeling it swish around my body without worrying about sitting on it or getting it caught on doorknobs. It's unusual enough that it catches peoples' eyes but not to the point that I get unwanted stares or questions. It's a length that's very easy to care for but makes me feel unique.

I'm also in a line of work where long and dramatic hair is the expectation. With my texture I can't get drama from volume (not without considerable damage), but I can get it from length, colour, condition and shine - so I go for that
    ▪daily washing▪monthly trimming▪top-down detangling▪sulfate shampoo down to the ends▪coney conditioner up to the roots▪henna and hibiscus▪worn down and loose on the regular▪

Length
    pixie/Chin-/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/i

The reason why I want my goal length is because I want to find a length of hair that makes me the happiest! I hate having short hair, so the only way to make myself happy is to wait and grow!
    Lord Skáld, War Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    "I did not hit her It's not true It's bs I did not hit her I did naht Oh hai Mark"Tommy Wiseau

Length
    buzz/buzz/26"
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/i/ii

BLS+ because long curls are pretty.

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I don't know how long my hair can get, hence my goal is terminal. I've experienced all the short styles, now I'm checking out the long ones.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*