Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Fermented Rice Water

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Fermented Rice Water

The bf and I eat a TON of rice so I’m dying to try this. Especially since I’ve bwen attempting to go low-poo with my damaged ends.

Length
    18/25/30
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Very interesting! I have never heard about this hair care method. It’s interesting to try on myself and see what the result will be.

Length
    Chin/APL/Class
    Type
    1b/C/iii

I’ve been using FRW with black rice for 4 weeks now after washing with shampoo, leaving it to soak for 20 minutes, then rinsing! I love it! My hair is so soft and I don’t even need to use conditioner after anymore.

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I been watching videos of the actual chinese village chicks doing this and its nothing like what these videos show. They leave their rice water stay fermenting for a month and then they boil it with orange peels and stuff, they wash it like that and then rinse it off in the river,comb it and then put it around their head til the next time they wash it.

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

Length
    NL/31/CL
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by littlestarface View Post
    I been watching videos of the actual chinese village chicks doing this and its nothing like what these videos show. They leave their rice water stay fermenting for a month and then they boil it with orange peels and stuff, they wash it like that and then rinse it off in the river,comb it and then put it around their head til the next time they wash it.
    I've been watching those videos too and it's definitely very different!

Chen pi, orange peel is a Chinese herb that's typically used internally in a tea to improve digestion. I'm curious as to it's use in topical application. Will have to research more!

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Agnieszka108 View Post

Chen pi, orange peel is a Chinese herb that's typically used internally in a tea to improve digestion. I'm curious as to it's use in topical application. Will have to research more!
    You watched them too! Hey yea they are so different lol I don't even know if how we do it here is even benefiting us. But I mean at least we're trying I guess. I mean I like the idea of rinsing hair in a clean spring mountain river but I mean its cold asf and I would cry lmfao!

How can I control my life when I can't even control my hair!

Length
    NL/31/CL
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by littlestarface View Post
    You watched them too! Hey yea they are so different lol I don't even know if how we do it here is even benefiting us. But I mean at least we're trying I guess. I mean I like the idea of rinsing hair in a clean spring mountain river but I mean its cold asf and I would cry lmfao!
    Lol this is how I feel about cold water too.

Length
    27.5"/41"/41"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Okay I soaked some medium grain white rice earlier today and transferred it to a spray bottle and sprayed the heck out of my hair. It’s under a shower cap and drippy drippy. I envisioned massaging my scalp during this little pre-washday mask but since my hair is wet but not slippy I don’t feel comfortable just going to town in there because friction. I think I’ll cowash after 30 minutes and see how it goes. Rice water wasn’t fermented but I can do that next time.

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LoveSnap View Post
    If you use a rice maker and do not rinse the rice, it has a nasty plastic-like layer on the bottom of the rice. The sides of the rice maker may also have a thin skin--like dried glue. We exclusively use a rice maker so we have a plastic rice rinsing bowl. It is a MUST! lol
    That was always my favourite part to peel off and eat. But it didn't happen every time and my new rice cooker barely ever does it.

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Agnieszka108 View Post

I saw that too. I have some rice water that was boiled with orange peel fermenting right now.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade