Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Fermented Rice Water

Length
    16/32.5/50
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Default Re: Fermented Rice Water

After 3 weeks of washing my hair this way I had a bit of a shock - but a good one.
    My hair grows 1/2 inch a month, every month, for all the years we have been measuring it, to the point where I don't bother measuring it any more. However, we thought we better measure to see what this rice water does...
    In the last 2 weeks my hair has grown 1/2 inch. That's twice as much growth as usual. I couldn't believe it. We did it three times before I finally accepted that yes, my hair grew faster.
    Other notes - I don't take vitamins regularly. I eat a Keto diet, (fell off, put on weight, started again on the 20th December). I wear my hair in a protective style 90% of the time (bun or plaited bun, ends inside). I sleep a lot.... 8+ hours. But these are things I've (almost) always done, and never had more then 1/2 inch growth in a month before.

Length
    SL/?/?
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEliza View Post
    After 3 weeks of washing my hair this way I had a bit of a shock - but a good one.
    My hair grows 1/2 inch a month, every month, for all the years we have been measuring it, to the point where I don't bother measuring it any more. However, we thought we better measure to see what this rice water does...
    In the last 2 weeks my hair has grown 1/2 inch. That's twice as much growth as usual. I couldn't believe it. We did it three times before I finally accepted that yes, my hair grew faster.
    Other notes - I don't take vitamins regularly. I eat a Keto diet, (fell off, put on weight, started again on the 20th December). I wear my hair in a protective style 90% of the time (bun or plaited bun, ends inside). I sleep a lot.... 8+ hours. But these are things I've (almost) always done, and never had more then 1/2 inch growth in a month before.
    I think you've convinced me
    ☼ Cut bleach out to CBL 08/22

Length
    16/32.5/50
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaBelle View Post
    I think you've convinced me
    I'd love to see if it works for you as well. I measured the first time after one week, and then 2 weeks later. I hope it continues. If I can get an inch a month regularly I can be at classic by Christmas

Looking forward to hearing your result in a few weeks!

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I used to rinse with rice water but started to think the growth I was seeing might have been in my imagination, maybe I should have measured and compared it to my natural growth. How often do you rinse?
    I used to rinse once every 2 weeks, more and it was too drying. I would S&C as usual right before pouring the rice water rinse over, then I would rinse it out but not completely and would follow with conditioner on my ends

Length
    16/32.5/50
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by JasminxCat View Post
    I used to rinse with rice water but started to think the growth I was seeing might have been in my imagination, maybe I should have measured and compared it to my natural growth. How often do you rinse?
    I used to rinse once every 2 weeks, more and it was too drying. I would S&C as usual right before pouring the rice water rinse over, then I would rinse it out but not completely and would follow with conditioner on my ends
    I'm uncertain about what you mean by "rinse". I wash my hair with it, it's the only thing that goes in my hair (for the last 3 - 4 weeks now). I wash it every 3 - 4 days using the rice water - massaging my scalp with it over a bucket and pouring it over several times, then wrap it around my head and sit for 20 minutes, then get in the shower and rinse it out while I shower.

Watch how long you leave it in, especially if your hair doesn't like protein. I've heard some horror stories about it - and in every one it is because it wasn't used correctly. People spraying it on their hair and leaving it on instead of washing it out - and then wondering why their hair broke off and blaming the product. It is protein high, so if your hair is dry, use some oil on the tips before starting.

I find it less drying then normal shampoo. I have no flyaways so less catching when I comb and style. BUT because it is protein heavy I'm keeping an eye on my ends and will give them a rest from it if needed.

In winter I only wash my hair once a week to 10 days.

Length
    APL/WL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I'm uncertain about what you mean by "rinse". I wash my hair with it, it's the only thing that goes in my hair (for the last 3 - 4 weeks now). I wash it every 3 - 4 days using the rice water - massaging my scalp with it over a bucket and pouring it over several times, then wrap it around my head and sit for 20 minutes, then get in the shower and rinse it out while I shower.

Watch how long you leave it in, especially if your hair doesn't like protein. I've heard some horror stories about it - and in every one it is because it wasn't used correctly. People spraying it on their hair and leaving it on instead of washing it out - and then wondering why their hair broke off and blaming the product. It is protein high, so if your hair is dry, use some oil on the tips before starting.

I find it less drying then normal shampoo. I have no flyaways so less catching when I comb and style. BUT because it is protein heavy I'm keeping an eye on my ends and will give them a rest from it if needed.

In winter I only wash my hair once a week to 10 days.
    Sorry for the confusion, I meant rinse as in rinse with rice water, then rinse about 70% of it out with water afterwards. My hair seems to do fine with protein e.g. egg, just not too well with rice water for some reason. But I will continue to try it once every 2 weeks so I can avoid over doing it. And yes, good idea. I will oil my ends before using this method next time. Athough my hair is not naturally dry, rice water can be drying for me
    Last edited by JasminxCat; January 21st, 2021 at 05:02 PM.

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire-o View Post
    I use it about twice a week. I didn't know rice has much protein. The one we have is quite starchy. My hair feels a bit stiffer but that doesn't bother me.
    I don't know if it's actually protein but that's how it feels when I use it too often.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    16/32.5/50
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by JasminxCat View Post
    Sorry for the confusion, I meant rinse as in rinse with rice water, then rinse about 70% of it out with water afterwards. My hair seems to do fine with protein e.g. egg, just not too well with rice water for some reason. But I will continue to try it once every 2 weeks so I can avoid over doing it. And yes, good idea. I will oil my ends before using this method next time. Athough my hair is not naturally dry, rice water can be drying for me
    I wash it out under the shower for a good 5 to 10 minutes. I don't think I just get 70% washed out, I'm not sure. They rinse it out in a running stream.

Length
    Bald/APL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'm trying this this week. I've got a jar fermenting with actual lavender and rosemary, and a jar with EO drops of both. We'll see which one turns out to my satisfaction. Guess I'll wash with it Weds!
    08.1.2020-Bald
    “Her messy hair is a visible attribute of her stubborn spirit. As she shakes it free, she smiles knowing wild is her favorite color” (J. Iron Word)

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

I'm curious to try this, I should look to see if it will ruin my keratin treated hair first. I hope this works and I get faster growth, I guess we will see