Page 49 of 66 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: Fermented Rice Water

Default Re: Fermented Rice Water

I have been using rice water for about 2 months now and loving the results I am seeing. My hair feels thicker and stronger. I do not boil my rice. I just put it in a bowl of water and leave it sit overnight until I get around to washing my hair the next day. I strain the rice out and take the rice water bowl and another bowl with me and after I shampoo, rinse with the rice water over my hair until I feel like it is super saturated. I then plastic cap my hair and let it sit for a bit. I then condition and rinse my hair.

I prefer enriched white rice for my water. I have tried brown, but really didn't feel any results after using it. (Usually my hair feels thicker and is super smooth and shiny). The water didn't get as milky as it does with the enriched white rice either. This is my new favorite treatment

Length
    BSL/BCL/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Khristopher View Post
    Hey, great to hear you like the FRW! As for your question I had not experienced any change in color from my threatments, boiled or not, and with additions (herb teas/infusions much like dazeydayze recipe). I don't know your location but if you're in northern hemisphere, then it's summer over there isn't it? Maybe your hair was sun lightened, have you tried any threatment with honey/ACV/lemon/chammomile/cinnamon recently? Those are said to give golden shine or lift some shades of color. But at least for me my color hasn't changed a bit with the rice water. Will see if others chime in with different experiences
    Thanks for your reaction! Yeah, it is summer over here but I rarely go out in it xD I’ve also not done any treatment with the products mentioned! I noticed cause I was clicking on YouTube and saw rice creams diy’s that said it would be whitening...

Length
    14 in/25 in/32 in
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I was so excited when I saw this thread! I have used rice water in the past and it adds elasticity and shine to my hair. I drifted away from using it when I started working, id just forget to make it and went back to shampoo only. I think I will start making it and using it again My hair was sooo lush then.

Length
    BSL/BCL/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I tried rice water again today and no whitening/lightening this time, yay! I did not let it ferment cause my brother cannot stand the smell of it, so I only let it sit for half an hour. I'm gonna find the edge where it almost smells but not yet, but on the other hand it is not completely neccesary cause it still made my hair soft

made some fermented rice water by letting it stand two nights and then boiling the strained water and sticking it in the fridge to put the microbes bed

used it last night on wash night. did a clarifying wash, rice water soak for a while, then rinse and a bit of conditioner leave in, then rinse.

Hasn’t fully dried yet, but I’m excited to see the results lol. It’s fun to experiment

update: hair very soft. success

Length
    4"/10"/30"
    Type
    4b/4c/M/i

Hi, the fermented rice water is more effected for hair growth than plain rice water. But both do help with growth.

Length
    14 in/25 in/32 in
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Do you use the rice water on the scalp as well as lengths? What are the results from that ? I have been afraid to use it on my scalp but I have seen good results using it on my lengths and ends.

Length
    14 in/25 in/32 in
    Type
    2a/M/ii

LOL my fiance complains about the odor too, I am considering finding something to combine with it.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lions-mane View Post
    Do you use the rice water on the scalp as well as lengths? What are the results from that ? I have been afraid to use it on my scalp but I have seen good results using it on my lengths and ends.
    I use it on my scalp too. It helps my dry scalp I do however combine my FRW with a lot of herbs.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights