Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on this combination of oils? 55 of them?

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Default Thoughts on this combination of oils? 55 of them?

I saw this advertised, I don't readily trust online reviews of random products, but was wondering if this may be a good investment. Expensive purchase, yes, but it is a large 16oz bottle of oils only, as far as i can tell, which would last me forever. I would not use as much as they recommend for a mask-like treatment, but a small amount for scalp/length oiling overnight. Maybe put some in a small dropper bottle and the refrigerate the rest? Does anyone think it's worth it, or has anyone ever tried this before?

This is the list of ingredients:

1. Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
    2. Organic Virgin Coconut Testa Oil
    3. Organic Olive Oil
    4. Organic Avocado Oil
    5. Organic Argan Oil
    6. Organic Jojoba Oil
    7. Organic Bitter Almond Oil
    8. Organic Grapeseed Oil
    9. Organic Sweet Almond Oil
    10. Organic Hemp Seed Oil
    11. Organic Castor Oil
    12. Organic Shea oil
    13. Organic Nigella Sativa Oil
    14. Organic Neem Oil
    15. Organic Moringa Oil
    16. Organic Orange Oil
    17. Organic Peppermint Oil
    18. Organic Tea Tree Oil
    19. Organic Sesame Oil
    20. Organic Hibiscus Oil
    21. Organic Lavender Oil
    22. Organic Fenugreek Oil
    23. Organic Coriander Oil
    24. Organic Oat Oil
    25. Karanja Oil
    26. Flax Seed Oil
    27. Cucumber Oil
    28. Hazelnut Oil
    29. Rice bran Oil
    30. Rosehip Oil
    31. Plum Oil
    32. Poppy Oil
    33. Raspberry Oil
    34. Camphor Oil
    35. Rosemary Oil
    36. Beech Oil
    37. Pequi Oil
    38. Babassu Oil
    39. Chicory Oil
    40. Sacha Inchi Oil
    41. Black Currant Oil
    42. Lemongrass Oil
    43. Cedarwood Oil
    44. Baobab Oil
    45. Siberian Pine Nut Oil
    46. Macademia Oil
    47. Thyme Oil
    48. Clary Sage Oil
    49. Ylang Ylang Oil
    50. Horsetail Plant Extract Oil
    51. Ungurahui Oil
    52. Tsubaki Oil
    53. Tomato Oil
    54. Maracuja Oil
    55. Kalahari Melon Seed Oil

Length
    CBL/31/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Default Re: Thoughts on this combination of oils? 55 of them?

Save your money. Your hair (or more importantly, your scalp) could react badly to any one of those and make it a waste of $70.

There isn't really any magic bullet product, and the fact that they claim it is good for all hair types makes me skeptical.
    Onwards.

26-BSL-28-29-WL-31-32-HL

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Nothing that a normal oil with a little essential oil maybe of your preference can't do.

Oil = oil.

It really makes no difference to hair, what you use.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    CBL/31/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Nothing that a normal oil with a little essential oil maybe of your preference can't do.

Oil = oil.

It really makes no difference to hair, what you use.
    In fairness, I get drastically different results with different oils. But that's exactly what makes me wary of a blend of 55.
    Onwards.

26-BSL-28-29-WL-31-32-HL

In addition, with that many oils, I can only imagine that there's such a small amount of each that the benefit might be negligible. (OTOH, I suppose it also means that any negative effect might be negligible?) I mean, yes, in the end, it's still *an amount of oil* but I'm not quite sure of the benefit of a blend when there are so many in tiny amounts.

And some of those I've not even heard of, which almost makes me wonder if they just said "hey, this is an oil, let's throw it in to up our oil count!"

(I'm guessing I could individually buy a bunch of oils that make sense and make a blend to sell to y'all cheaper...)
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    In addition, with that many oils, I can only imagine that there's such a small amount of each that the benefit might be negligible. (OTOH, I suppose it also means that any negative effect might be negligible?) I mean, yes, in the end, it's still *an amount of oil* but I'm not quite sure of the benefit of a blend when there are so many in tiny amounts.

And some of those I've not even heard of, which almost makes me wonder if they just said "hey, this is an oil, let's throw it in to up our oil count!"

(I'm guessing I could individually buy a bunch of oils that make sense and make a blend to sell to y'all cheaper...)
    I was thinking along similar lines. It’s putting oil in a concoction for the sake of it.

Find some oils you love and do a little bit of experimenting. I tend to stick with 3 - coconut, argan and grape seed and small amounts of essential oil for scent (rosemary or geranium).

Length
    Pixie/2"/36"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Just overpriced oil with all those exotic oils added for label appeal. As far as you know, there might only be a drop or two of each in the whole big bottle.

Another thing to keep in mind is shelf life, many oils start going bad after 6 months or so. I used old walnut oil once, it went rancid in my hair overnight, one of the nastiest things I've ever smelled.

Mix up a bottle of 3 or 4 of your favorite oils and add a few drops of essential oil and you are good to go.

I've actually started using my hubby's beard oil. Has all the good oils, is inexpensive and comes in a bottle size that is practical to use before it goes bad.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Thanks for the replies-I thought as much, but I guess I have been looking for a 'game-changer'. I do like the Dabur Vatika Oil and Hello Bello plant-based baby oil that i have (neither with mineral oil), and i still have an unopened morrocco method euro oil that i hope is still good (got it a long time ago dirt cheap during a flash sale). I never was consistent with oiling, but have a newfound interest in trying to thicken and really grow my hair in my old age.

I like the Indian oils okay, but I wish they weren't so strongly scented. I'm afraid to wear them for fear of offending someone who cant tolerate scented stuff, or who simply doesn't like the smell of them, as it's sort of an unfamiliar "exotic" smell to most Western noses I think (or the cat, both as essential oils aren't good for cats and also because their noses are more sensitive than ours are and I don't want to smell bad to him).
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    BSL/CL/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

17 are carrier oils.
    That I can identify.

Looks like overkill at best, and an allergic nightmare at worst.
    Join a declutter challenge http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...d.php?t=141272

Nevertheless, she persisted.