Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162

Thread: Fermented Rice Water

Length
    Bald/5"/Floor
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Fermented Rice Water

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I'm curious to try this, I should look to see if it will ruin my keratin treated hair first. I hope this works and I get faster growth, I guess we will see
    Keratin was so rough on my hair. But I've heard such great things about it. I'm going to try the rice water, sparingly, and see how it does.

Side note: I wonder if you can freeze the rice water? Hmmm.....If so, I'd do a few batches at a time, and just thaw it weekly, instead of making a new batch every week. I guess it isn't a huge deal though.
    Lady Alcithoe, Weaver of the Silken Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Start: Aug.2020
    Bald-Chin-Neck-Shldr-BSL-Waist-Hip-TB-Classic-FTL

Length
    APL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I'm curious to try this, I should look to see if it will ruin my keratin treated hair first. I hope this works and I get faster growth, I guess we will see
    It can be drying for some, but it won't hurt to try it. I don't think it would have any affect on your keratin treatment. IT DID make my hair grow faster, but the dryness wasn't worth it for me. I might try it again using a leave in conditioner after

Length
    Bald/5"/Floor
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Someone may have already linked this, but it's very interesting.
    https://www.vogue.com/projects/13548...hair-tradition

Anyone ever tried fleeceflower root? Apparently they add it to their rice water.
    Lady Alcithoe, Weaver of the Silken Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    20/24/80
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by littlestarface View Post
    You watched them too! Hey yea they are so different lol I don't even know if how we do it here is even benefiting us. But I mean at least we're trying I guess. I mean I like the idea of rinsing hair in a clean spring mountain river but I mean its cold asf and I would cry lmfao!
    Just popped in to say: They also add Tea Seed Cake (or Tea Seed Powder), which is a pressed cake made up of powdered seeds from an evergreen shrub (Camellia). . The seeds contain saponins. . That is how they are able to use it as a hair wash. I think this MAY have been mentioned much earlier up-thread, but I'm not sure. I always poured mine on unwashed hair, left on under a baggy for 20 -30 mins, then washed and conditioned ( if necessary). I feel like this best simulated the Yao women's practice, but that is just me. Last I checked ( last year or so) you could find Tea Seed Cake ( or powder) on AliExpress. HIH
    Last edited by lilelf; February 25th, 2021 at 01:23 AM. Reason: (Punctuation. Lol)

Length
    Bald/5"/Floor
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lilelf View Post
    Just popped in to say: They also add Tea Seed Cake (or Tea Seed Powder), which is a pressed cake made up of powdered seeds from an evergreen shrub (Camellia). . The seeds contain saponins. . That is how they are able to use it as a hair wash. I think this MAY have been mentioned much earlier up-thread, but I'm not sure. I always poured mine on unwashed hair, left on under a baggy for 20 -30 mins, then washed and conditioned ( if necessary). I feel like this best simulated the Yao women's practice, but that is just me. Last I checked ( last year or so) you could find Tea Seed Cake ( or powder) on AliExpress. HIH
    Bless you! I couldn't figure out what the tea bran they were referring to in the article was. It is proving verrry hard to find though. I've never used AliExpress. Is it reliable?
    Last edited by ipickee; February 25th, 2021 at 07:46 AM.

Length
    Bald/5"/Floor
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Tried my first rinse last night. I've had it fermenting since Monday.
    I can't believe how soft my hair is! I did wash with a shampoo bar before, applied the cold rice rinse, let it sit while I shaved my legs and such, and then rinsed with cold water. Maybe 15 mins or so.
    It is so SOFT. Not itchy, and no other side effects that I can tell. I am so adding this to my routine.
    For anyone wondering (because I was super worried about it) the smell wasn't bad at all. I added rosemary and lavender when I originally put it in the jar, and when I opened it to smell check it, I was very pleasantly surprised when the only thing I could smell was those two smells. I'm going to make a gentle shampoo out of it, I think. I could totally see myself getting rid of commercial products, and just sticking to this, if I add amla or some other gentle cleanser to it.