Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Fermented Rice Water

Length
    16/32.5/50
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Default Re: Fermented Rice Water

After 3 weeks of washing my hair this way I had a bit of a shock - but a good one.
    My hair grows 1/2 inch a month, every month, for all the years we have been measuring it, to the point where I don't bother measuring it any more. However, we thought we better measure to see what this rice water does...
    In the last 2 weeks my hair has grown 1/2 inch. That's twice as much growth as usual. I couldn't believe it. We did it three times before I finally accepted that yes, my hair grew faster.
    Other notes - I don't take vitamins regularly. I eat a Keto diet, (fell off, put on weight, started again on the 20th December). I wear my hair in a protective style 90% of the time (bun or plaited bun, ends inside). I sleep a lot.... 8+ hours. But these are things I've (almost) always done, and never had more then 1/2 inch growth in a month before.

Length
    21/25/45
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEliza View Post
    After 3 weeks of washing my hair this way I had a bit of a shock - but a good one.
    My hair grows 1/2 inch a month, every month, for all the years we have been measuring it, to the point where I don't bother measuring it any more. However, we thought we better measure to see what this rice water does...
    In the last 2 weeks my hair has grown 1/2 inch. That's twice as much growth as usual. I couldn't believe it. We did it three times before I finally accepted that yes, my hair grew faster.
    Other notes - I don't take vitamins regularly. I eat a Keto diet, (fell off, put on weight, started again on the 20th December). I wear my hair in a protective style 90% of the time (bun or plaited bun, ends inside). I sleep a lot.... 8+ hours. But these are things I've (almost) always done, and never had more then 1/2 inch growth in a month before.
    I think you've convinced me
    CL ~ SL ~ APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ Classic
    No trim & no bleach from 11/10/2020

Length
    16/32.5/50
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by BuddhaBelle View Post
    I think you've convinced me
    I'd love to see if it works for you as well. I measured the first time after one week, and then 2 weeks later. I hope it continues. If I can get an inch a month regularly I can be at classic by Christmas

Looking forward to hearing your result in a few weeks!

Length
    APL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I used to rinse with rice water but started to think the growth I was seeing might have been in my imagination, maybe I should have measured and compared it to my natural growth. How often do you rinse?
    I used to rinse once every 2 weeks, more and it was too drying. I would S&C as usual right before pouring the rice water rinse over, then I would rinse it out but not completely and would follow with conditioner on my ends

Length
    16/32.5/50
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by JasminxCat View Post
    I used to rinse with rice water but started to think the growth I was seeing might have been in my imagination, maybe I should have measured and compared it to my natural growth. How often do you rinse?
    I used to rinse once every 2 weeks, more and it was too drying. I would S&C as usual right before pouring the rice water rinse over, then I would rinse it out but not completely and would follow with conditioner on my ends
    I'm uncertain about what you mean by "rinse". I wash my hair with it, it's the only thing that goes in my hair (for the last 3 - 4 weeks now). I wash it every 3 - 4 days using the rice water - massaging my scalp with it over a bucket and pouring it over several times, then wrap it around my head and sit for 20 minutes, then get in the shower and rinse it out while I shower.

Watch how long you leave it in, especially if your hair doesn't like protein. I've heard some horror stories about it - and in every one it is because it wasn't used correctly. People spraying it on their hair and leaving it on instead of washing it out - and then wondering why their hair broke off and blaming the product. It is protein high, so if your hair is dry, use some oil on the tips before starting.

I find it less drying then normal shampoo. I have no flyaways so less catching when I comb and style. BUT because it is protein heavy I'm keeping an eye on my ends and will give them a rest from it if needed.

In winter I only wash my hair once a week to 10 days.

Length
    APL/MBL/TBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I'm uncertain about what you mean by "rinse". I wash my hair with it, it's the only thing that goes in my hair (for the last 3 - 4 weeks now). I wash it every 3 - 4 days using the rice water - massaging my scalp with it over a bucket and pouring it over several times, then wrap it around my head and sit for 20 minutes, then get in the shower and rinse it out while I shower.

Watch how long you leave it in, especially if your hair doesn't like protein. I've heard some horror stories about it - and in every one it is because it wasn't used correctly. People spraying it on their hair and leaving it on instead of washing it out - and then wondering why their hair broke off and blaming the product. It is protein high, so if your hair is dry, use some oil on the tips before starting.

I find it less drying then normal shampoo. I have no flyaways so less catching when I comb and style. BUT because it is protein heavy I'm keeping an eye on my ends and will give them a rest from it if needed.

In winter I only wash my hair once a week to 10 days.
    Sorry for the confusion, I meant rinse as in rinse with rice water, then rinse about 70% of it out with water afterwards. My hair seems to do fine with protein e.g. egg, just not too well with rice water for some reason. But I will continue to try it once every 2 weeks so I can avoid over doing it. And yes, good idea. I will oil my ends before using this method next time. Athough my hair is not naturally dry, rice water can be drying for me
    Last edited by JasminxCat; January 21st, 2021 at 05:02 PM.

Length
    29"/34/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by sapphire-o View Post
    I use it about twice a week. I didn't know rice has much protein. The one we have is quite starchy. My hair feels a bit stiffer but that doesn't bother me.
    I don't know if it's actually protein but that's how it feels when I use it too often.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    16/32.5/50
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by JasminxCat View Post
    Sorry for the confusion, I meant rinse as in rinse with rice water, then rinse about 70% of it out with water afterwards. My hair seems to do fine with protein e.g. egg, just not too well with rice water for some reason. But I will continue to try it once every 2 weeks so I can avoid over doing it. And yes, good idea. I will oil my ends before using this method next time. Athough my hair is not naturally dry, rice water can be drying for me
    I wash it out under the shower for a good 5 to 10 minutes. I don't think I just get 70% washed out, I'm not sure. They rinse it out in a running stream.

Length
    Bald/5"/Floor
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'm trying this this week. I've got a jar fermenting with actual lavender and rosemary, and a jar with EO drops of both. We'll see which one turns out to my satisfaction. Guess I'll wash with it Weds!
    Lady Alcithoe, Weaver of the Silken Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!
    Start: Aug.2020
    Bald-Chin-Neck-Shldr-BSL-Waist-Hip-TB-Classic-FTL

Length
    12/SL/Term

I'm curious to try this, I should look to see if it will ruin my keratin treated hair first. I hope this works and I get faster growth, I guess we will see