Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Thread: Fermented Rice Water

Length
    17/30/waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: Fermented Rice Water

I've used a FRW rinse several times this year and my hair likes it as long as I follow up with a conditioner. I keep it pretty simple, I rinse about 1/2 cup jasmine rice and place in jar. Add a few cups of water and a citrus peel and let sit on the counter for 24 hours shaking occasionally. Shampoo scalp, then soak length in jar (after straining and disposing of rice) and pour remainder over my scalp. I let sit while shaving and doing shower stuff, rinse and condition. The first time I tried it, I applied after conditioning and it made my hair a little stiff and dry feeling but I had lots of shine. Reading this thread reminds me that I should use it more often!

CBL/ APL/BSL/MBL​/Waist/???
    Last bleach and trim -- 01/23/2020
    No trim challenge second half of 2020

Length
    9/waist/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

^ Hmm, wonder if this works better after shampoo and followed by conditioner? I tried this with no-poo method, and got stiff and a bit dry hair as you mentioned.

Length
    17/30/waist
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Fethenwen View Post
    ^ Hmm, wonder if this works better after shampoo and followed by conditioner? I tried this with no-poo method, and got stiff and a bit dry hair as you mentioned.
    Yes, it's worth trying again and following up with a conditioner. I get lots of shine and my hair is really soft. Doing a FRW rinse this morning thanks to this thread.

CBL/ APL/BSL/MBL​/Waist/???
    Last bleach and trim -- 01/23/2020
    No trim challenge second half of 2020