Page 57 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Fermented Rice Water

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Fermented Rice Water

Quote Originally Posted by curly girl fla View Post
    I've driven myself batty reading everything I could about rice water for hair and skin. I started using it last week. I used basmati rice (all I had), about a cup rinsed then put in a large mason jar and filled with regular tap water. I used it after 48 hours and still have more left. The smell is stronger, but not bad-I happen to like the fragrance of basmati, and it isn't too sour yet. My skin loves it! Hair-not sure, still experimenting. So many people say it detangles, but not for me-I have been trying with it in my hair, alone or under conditioner, but maybe I need to rinse it out before detangling? Any suggestions? Maybe I will use it to cleanse instead of as a rinse...
    I always rinse it out. If not, you will probably end up with a waxy coating on your hair.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Sorry I haven’t got time to read the whole thread.. anyone care to enlighten me of the general method for this? I’m probably too low maintenance lol but willing to try as it’s a natural product :-)

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Thanks for the reply, Tatsu. I do rinse-I didn't express myself right; I meant detangle while it is still in my hair, or detangle after rinsing. I just always have detangled with conditioner in my hair prior to rinsing it out, but maybe with this, the tangles will come out as I rinse. I dunno. I did have more decent results today for whatever reason. I don't see too much difference in my hair but will continue to use it to give it a fair shot. But, man-I cleanse and tone my face and body with FRW and will definitely keep this as part of my skin regimen.

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I use a rice water rinse as a deep conditioning treatment. I’ve never fermented it though... is it noticeable better fermented rather than not?
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Tempted to try. But, a cup of rice per rinse sounds like a lot of rice. I think I will try with half of that amount.

Length
    18/27/45
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

BRB, must add this to my hair care...

Length
    MBL/WL+/TBL+
    Type
    3b/M/C/iii

I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm curious what the pH value is of fermented rice water (I take into account that the pH of tap water may vary). And I understood that fermented rice rinses isn't recommended for people with scalp conditions.

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

^I would guess the ph might be close to ideal, as with many ferments used in cosmetic care.

Someone mentioned rice water being close to a protein treatment. If that's the case, I'm out :

Lets see how long this little lump can get. Viva la natural!
    Lady Nemetona, Adept of the Henna Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie View Post
    I use a rice water rinse as a deep conditioning treatment. I’ve never fermented it though... is it noticeable better fermented rather than not?
    I've tried both and I while I do like both, I find the fermented version more benefitial.

Quote Originally Posted by Fethenwen View Post
    Tempted to try. But, a cup of rice per rinse sounds like a lot of rice. I think I will try with half of that amount.
    I use less rice, but I also usually don't use the water from rinsing the rice, but leave the rice in, while it ferments.

Quote Originally Posted by Fimu View Post
    I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm curious what the pH value is of fermented rice water (I take into account that the pH of tap water may vary). And I understood that fermented rice rinses isn't recommended for people with scalp conditions.
    I've tested it before and while I don't remember the exact result, it was good. I don't really have a scalp condition, but it's great for my dry scalp.

Quote Originally Posted by Fethenwen View Post
    ^I would guess the ph might be close to ideal, as with many ferments used in cosmetic care.

Someone mentioned rice water being close to a protein treatment. If that's the case, I'm out :
    My hair doesn't like protein, but it loves fermented rice water in my hair masks. I've been using it for at least four years now, with just a short break around 2018. I use it every hair wash, wich for me is around every other week to once a month.

I use black rice now, because it doesn't smell and leaves less of a waxy coat than white rice, when I use it as one of the ingredients I wash my hair with. I found that white rice built up a waxy coating after washing my hair with it a few times, but it was easy to remove with a CO-wash.

I mix it with my homemade herbal mask as a mask, but now also to wash my hair (I still CO-wash after hendigo though).

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    I've tried both and I while I do like both, I find the fermented version more benefitial.

I use less rice, but I also usually don't use the water from rinsing the rice, but leave the rice in, while it ferments.

I've tested it before and while I don't remember the exact result, it was good. I don't really have a scalp condition, but it's great for my dry scalp.

My hair doesn't like protein, but it loves fermented rice water in my hair masks. I've been using it for at least four years now, with just a short break around 2018. I use it every hair wash, wich for me is around every other week to once a month.

I use black rice now, because it doesn't smell and leaves less of a waxy coat than white rice, when I use it as one of the ingredients I wash my hair with. I found that white rice built up a waxy coating after washing my hair with it a few times, but it was easy to remove with a CO-wash.

I mix it with my homemade herbal mask as a mask, but now also to wash my hair (I still CO-wash after hendigo though).
    Tatsu, do you know if you can mix FRW with other hair herbs like amla, shikaki and reetha for washing?