SL/MBL/WL/HL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

Default Re: Fermented Rice Water

I love fermented rice water! It makes my hair super soft and shiny

Type
    3b/3c/F/iii

My skin loves it (it's very whitening), my hair hates it (although it increases the curl somewhat, but makes my hair ****ty).
    Cut off tailbone hair to bob <3
    ...and then buzzed my hair off.
    I work here: mobilny dietetyk gliwice

Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Hmm, I don't like lavender, and don't have rosemary oil. Or any EOs, actually... I'm still experimenting with carrier oils, but I'll have to try something like that when I get some.

I think oils would infuse better than a raw plant, anyway!

Length
    13/21/40
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

So, after hearing about all the hype, I started a batch almost two weeks ago (boiled rice rinse water with orange peel, then let it sit on the counter, covered) and finally used it today. I measured the PH as 5.0 which I think is within the standard range for conditioner.

The smell wasn't pleasant, but not too bad. It reminded me very faintly of vomit, but my fiance insists it smelled like mac 'n' cheese

I used it after washing, in place of conditioner, and combed it through my hair. I wasn't sure it would comb through well, but I had no problems with tangles. I'm air drying my hair right now, and can still smell it. Hopefully it goes away when it's dry...

Length
    13/21/40
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

Update: My hair is now dry, but I haven't brushed it. I can run my fingers through it without tangles, and it feels soft. Also, the smell is gone!

This experiment was definitely a win - I may end up doing it once or twice a month.

Length
    12/28ish/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I just tried this today!

I fermented my rice water with orange peel for about a week, mostly because I got busy and forgot about it. I then added way too much rosemary EO to cover up the pungent smell. What I ended up with was a pungent smell with a strong note of rosemary

I kept it on my hair for about 20 minutes, rinsed it off, and added conditioner in the hopes of masking the horrible smell. My efforts to hide the smell were in vain, but my hair was so soft! I didn't even need detangler to comb it.

I will definitely try this again, although less rosemary next time. Maybe I'll add rose petals.
    Currently at WL (kinda!), trying to get to thigh

I started using rice water in my hair a few weeks ago. It really works and helped prevent breakage and my hair is much stronger.. love, love, LOVE this hair remedy!❤️

Length
    29"/TB/CLSC
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Has anyone had problems with mold in their rice water? Lately, I've boiled the water with orange rinds and then let it sit for about five days to ferment. I live in a basement so it usually takes that long. I looked my latest batch yesterday (after three days of sitting) and it was covered in white round mold! I'm wondering if it's because of warmer temperatures or if I did something wrong/different this time.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Length
    0.25/48/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    Has anyone had problems with mold in their rice water? Lately, I've boiled the water with orange rinds and then let it sit for about five days to ferment. I live in a basement so it usually takes that long. I looked my latest batch yesterday (after three days of sitting) and it was covered in white round mold! I'm wondering if it's because of warmer temperatures or if I did something wrong/different this time.
    I've never had any problems, but I only ferment mine for two days (and I don't boil it or use orange rinds). Has it happened more than once for you?

Home is where the heart is

Length
    29"/TB/CLSC
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    I've never had any problems, but I only ferment mine for two days (and I don't boil it or use orange rinds). Has it happened more than once for you?
    No, this is the first time and I've used orange peels before. I'm thinking that it has to be the weather.
    Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade