Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Fermented Rice Water

Length
    SHL/34.5/35.4
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: Fermented Rice Water

I tryed it,and it left my hair super hard and dry. What am I doing wrong? Help!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

My black rice is fermenting since yesterday and I really hope that I will have time to wash my hair tomorrow!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    21/50/knee?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I should get back to using FRW. I loved it before, but I think I used it too much and overloaded my hair on protein or something. I should start another batch and see how it goes.

Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Belgrade Beauty View Post
    I tryed it,and it left my hair super hard and dry. What am I doing wrong? Help!
    This is actually basically a protein treatment. Perhaps your hair just doesn't need the protein.

Length
    Chin/APL/Class
    Type
    1b/C/iii

I’m trying FRW for the first time with some black rice we have on hand! Just put it away to ferment, how long do you usually leave it 1 or 2 days?

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by poojasilk View Post
    I’m trying FRW for the first time with some black rice we have on hand! Just put it away to ferment, how long do you usually leave it 1 or 2 days?
    I leave it for two days, but how quickly it ferments depends on the temperature It ferments more and quicker during the summer, than winter here.

So I tried black rice last wash. I can't say too much about how it felt compared to my regular rice so far, but one great upside was that it smelled a lot better! I even let SO sniff it after two days and he didn't think it smelled bad. He doesn't like the smell of my usual FRW

It also had a lovely color and it turns out that I love to eat it

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/APL/Class
    Type
    1b/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    I leave it for two days, but how quickly it ferments depends on the temperature It ferments more and quicker during the summer, than winter here.

So I tried black rice last wash. I can't say too much about how it felt compared to my regular rice so far, but one great upside was that it smelled a lot better! I even let SO sniff it after two days and he didn't think it smelled bad. He doesn't like the smell of my usual FRW

It also had a lovely color and it turns out that I love to eat it
    Thats good to hear it smells better than white rice! I usually only use a few grains of black rice when making korean purple rice, so I have a lot leftover, so FRW seemed like the perfect way to use it up. Hopefully my hair likes it!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Thats good to hear it smells better than white rice! I usually only use a few grains of black rice when making korean purple rice, so I have a lot leftover, so FRW seemed like the perfect way to use it up. Hopefully my hair likes it!
    Please tell us how it goes

Length
    Chin/APL/Class
    Type
    1b/C/iii

I just finished my first FRW with the black rice and my hair really likes it! I left it to ferment for two days and then I diluted it with a little water and aloe juice. It did not smell bad at all which was very good. I rinsed my hair with the FRW after shampooing and let it soak while i conditioned. I only let it soak for about 8 minutes before rinsing it out though, im not very patient when in the shower But now my hair is so soft and shiny, i'm definitely going to do this regularly! I want to try to leave it in longer next time

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I just finished my first FRW with the black rice and my hair really likes it! I left it to ferment for two days and then I diluted it with a little water and aloe juice. It did not smell bad at all which was very good. I rinsed my hair with the FRW after shampooing and let it soak while i conditioned. I only let it soak for about 8 minutes before rinsing it out though, im not very patient when in the shower But now my hair is so soft and shiny, i'm definitely going to do this regularly! I want to try to leave it in longer next time
    It's great that your hair liked it!