Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Fermented Rice Water

Length
    ?/CL/?
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Fermented Rice Water

Also, I love that I saw this post, while I was listening "girl crush" on my music rotation. SO true.

My girl crushes read like this:

#1. Lagertha
    #2. beautyklove

Lady Still Waters, Keeper of the Will-o'-the-Wisp in the Order of the Long Hairded Knights!

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I looked at a few websites about this method and im going to be trying it alot about once a week or whenever i wash my hair. It says the the old chinese recipe tells you to soak it for 24 to 48 hours until its fermented an then boil it to stop fermenting apparently its a must do and then the women used to wash their hair with it but they say you can just rinse your hair with it and it stays in the strands apparently. I'm thinking to actually wash with it see how that goes, maybe when i'm lazy i'll just rinse after my shampoo with it.

I've only tried it once but it definitely is something that seems to suit me as a semi-wash. Not as harsh or cleansing as my usual methods, but much better than WO.

Length
    BSL/Hip/?
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

I think I'd be too lazy to try this because it requires both leaving the rice water sitting for quite a while then boiling it. Now if it was just leaving it for a little while or boiling for a few minutes I'd have tried it.
    Kay , BSL > MBL > Waist > Hip

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

We don't eat rice, so that would be silly to do. But we do eat potatoes, and there appears to be about the same going on for potato water as well.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Not a fan of labels. missblueeyes's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

So, I'm still very interested in doing this but: What do you do with the rice that's left? Do you just throw it out? That just seems really wasteful to me. Could you just cook the rice afterwards and prepare it like you would normal rice? If so, I might actually try it soon!
    Chin | APL | BSL | Waist | Hip | BCL | TBL

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by missblueeyes View Post
    So, I'm still very interested in doing this but: What do you do with the rice that's left? Do you just throw it out? That just seems really wasteful to me. Could you just cook the rice afterwards and prepare it like you would normal rice? If so, I might actually try it soon!
    Mmm I wouldnt think the rice would be good once its fermented, I saw that you can take the leftover rice and grind it up n use it as a scrub mixed with other stuff

Length
    BSL/Hip/?
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by littlestarface View Post
    Mmm I wouldnt think the rice would be good once its fermented, I saw that you can take the leftover rice and grind it up n use it as a scrub mixed with other stuff
    I'd assumed that people who usually cook rice just used the rice rinse water drained from the rice they were preparing to cook to eat so there'd be no wastage. Otherwise a problem of what to do with rice reminds of of that ridiculous song first world problems, lol.
    Last edited by Hairkay; November 15th, 2015 at 05:53 PM.
    Kay , BSL > MBL > Waist > Hip

Length
    birth/CLASS/long
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Hairkay View Post
    I'd assumed that people who usually cook rice just used the rice rinse water drained from the rice they were preparing to cook to eat so there'd be no wastage. Otherwise a problem of what to do with rice reminds of of that ridiculous song first world problems, lol.
    Lol true, I was thinking the same thing when I was reading this stuff. Since it says in the "research" that this was done by farmers n the women who would harvest the rice. I think after soaking rice instead of dumping out the water they saved it n used it for their wash day. Cuz you know when your poor you use everything til you cant no more.

Length
    SL/TBL/??
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

I happen to have rice in my pantry. Trying this when I get a chance!
    Last edited by syndel; November 15th, 2015 at 06:22 PM.