Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nice to meet you!

Default Re: Nice to meet you!

Hey Deborah welcome! You have a beautiful name btw. ☺️ I love the Netherlands, I visited Amsterdam for Christmas it was an unforgettable experience! They sell Shikakai on Amazon itís a natural yet effective herb used in ancient times to cleanse your scalp. Have you considered trying natural Henna instead of coloring your hair with formaldehyde, toxic hair dye? Since you already have light hair color it will definitely give you that copper color youíre looking for and at the same time Henna will nourish your hair follicles making them stronger! Make sure to do a strand test first to see if you like the outcome. Happy growing and good luck. ❤️

Length
    ?/38-39/?
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LittleHealthy View Post
    Try Schwarzkopf LIVE colour in Aztec! Itís a temporary dye, it didnít get stuck in my hair, not even in my lightened blonde section. The colour is lovely too. Itís a great way to try that colour without committing!
    LittleHealthy thank you so much for the tip!
    I've searched for the product but sadly I can't find it anywhere.
    Maybe they don't sell it in the Netherlands?

Quote Originally Posted by milosmomma View Post
    Hello Debby! Welcome back, I wasnt around when you first joined but here we are now the only temporary dye I have experience with is the splat red color. My daughter used it about 2 weeks ago and it is already very faded but still noticeably red. It's supposed to wash out after 30 washes. It didnt seem damaging at all, in fact her hair felt even more conditioned for the first week and now just feels normal. Happy growing !
    Thank you milosmomma! I've searched for the dye but can't find it. Maybe I should have mentioned where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by Caribbean_girl View Post
    Hey Deborah welcome! You have a beautiful name btw. ☺️ I love the Netherlands, I visited Amsterdam for Christmas it was an unforgettable experience! They sell Shikakai on Amazon itís a natural yet effective herb used in ancient times to cleanse your scalp. Have you considered trying natural Henna instead of coloring your hair with formaldehyde, toxic hair dye? Since you already have light hair color it will definitely give you that copper color youíre looking for and at the same time Henna will nourish your hair follicles making them stronger! Make sure to do a strand test first to see if you like the outcome. Happy growing and good luck. ❤️
    Hello Caribbean_girl, how nice that you've been in the Netherlands. Amsterdam is a great city!
    First of all thank you for your input.

I've tried finding Shikakai on amazon, but could't find it.
    I never use this site so it might be me doing something wrong.

I've thought about using Henna for my hair, but I really am not ready for a permanent colour.
    My hair grows pretty fast, it would main I have to dye my hair every 2 months.
    In the past I've dyed my hair myself when it used to be shoulder length (a long time ago).
    It is quite a bit longer now and I wouldn't dare doing it myself, also I don't really have someone who lives nearby who could help me with this.

It is a commitment I don't want to get into. (right now)
    I know that Henna isn't easy to lift from your hear, so as soon as I want to get back to my own colour it would take me 4 to 5 years, maybe longer to get it all out.
    So that's why I want something that is going to fade out.

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Ah yes I didnt think about whether it would be available in different areas, but I hear there are many brands of deposit only or tinted conditioner type temporary dyes that you should be able to find in the Netherlands. And who knows you might try a temporary and fall in love and make the jump to permanent. Happy hair vibes

Length
    SL/WL+/Term
    Type
    3a/M/iii

Hi Debby! Welcome to the forum! You sound like you are into some interesting things. I also like to make and mix different shampoos for my hair. I try to stay away from sulfates. Because, they don't do nothing but dry your hair and scalp out. I've read on here that some people were allergic to sulfates. Or, they can't use them. Every now and then I need to use a shampoo with sulfates in it. Because, I co-wash a lot, and I always like to keep my hair from getting product buildup. So, the shampoos with sulfates in them are like clarifiers.

Length
    0.25/44/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Welcome back!

Home is where the heart is

Length
    ?/38-39/?
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Ah yes I didnt think about whether it would be available in different areas, but I hear there are many brands of deposit only or tinted conditioner type temporary dyes that you should be able to find in the Netherlands. And who knows you might try a temporary and fall in love and make the jump to permanent. Happy hair vibes
    Thank you for the information!
    That is understandable, it is good advice to look for a tinted conditioner I think.
    I've seen somewhere on this forum that any semi-permanent hair dye with a developer will always (lighten/)damage your hair.
    I think I'm going to try this colour just on the ends of my hair:

If it doesn't fade enough at least it won't take me years to get rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark40 View Post
    Hi Debby! Welcome to the forum! You sound like you are into some interesting things. I also like to make and mix different shampoos for my hair. I try to stay away from sulfates. Because, they don't do nothing but dry your hair and scalp out. I've read on here that some people were allergic to sulfates. Or, they can't use them. Every now and then I need to use a shampoo with sulfates in it. Because, I co-wash a lot, and I always like to keep my hair from getting product buildup. So, the shampoos with sulfates in them are like clarifiers.
    Thanks for t he welcome Dark40. Yes sulfates are very aggressive but are necessary from time to time.
    I have recently noticed how nice my hair looks when I only use on of my hair masks to wash it with.
    Espacally my scalp seems very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    Welcome back!
    Thank you TatsuOni!

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Yes, the lightening products really did a number on my hair in the past. I believe deposit only products are far less damaging, and that there are even gentle and hair friendly options. And i like your plan and the color you've picked, although not familiar that brand or ingredients in particular. If you hate it (which i dont see happening, i think it will turn out lovely) you can trim it out with out too much fuss.

Length
    ?/38-39/?
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Yes, the lightening products really did a number on my hair in the past. I believe deposit only products are far less damaging, and that there are even gentle and hair friendly options. And i like your plan and the color you've picked, although not familiar that brand or ingredients in particular. If you hate it (which i dont see happening, i think it will turn out lovely) you can trim it out with out too much fuss.
    Thank you milosmomma, I appreciate your input!

So far I've ordered the conditioner and I've received it
    Because I wanted to be sure I like the colour I've tested a bit on some hairs I've collected from my brushes.
    The colour is not very visible on the test so it might to subtle to see after I've used it.

(Although I believe it might be better than the test since:
    1. The test hairs had conditioner on them, I should apply the conditioner/colour on washed hair without conditioner in it.
    2. Because I used full stance of hair and in the end I will only apply it to the ends of my hair.
    Because the end of my hair is quite a bit lighter and more damaged compared to the rest of the hair it might work better.

I bet most of you if not all of you already know this, but you know why not speculate)

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Sounds like a good plan theDebby Do show us when you are done!

Length
    SL/WL+/Term
    Type
    3a/M/iii

Hi Debby! Welcome to the forum! You are going to like it here. There are some really nice helpful people here!