Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Momma always told me I'd have to cut my hair when I became an old lady

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Momma always told me I'd have to cut my hair when I became an old lady

All the stories and memories of mothers and grandmothers with long is so inspiring.

Joyfulmom4---I have to agree that short hair is a lot more work than long and not near as much fun. I hate blow drying and trying to style it. Getting it cut is the worst. I hate sitting there while someone with scissors has my locks in their hands!

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Somewhere in the forest of Sevenwaters...
    Length
    14.75/15"/19"
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Momma always told me I'd have to cut my hair when I became an old lady

Yay for you ladies! Although I don't think there is anything wrong with old ladies getting their hair cut short, I hate it that most of them feel like they HAVE to. I certainly don't want to have that short hair when I am an older lady. I love older ladies who have beautiful silver/white hair in cute braids and have dangly earrings and a kind and welcoming smile. My mother also shivered when she learned I wanted to grow my hair out to my waist. What is it with people's disdain for long hair! It says in God's word that a woman's long hair is her GLORY! NOT her shame!! Bravo for you ladies! In forty years or so, I hope to have long pretty silver hair TOO!

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

My mother would be 83 if she were still with us and although she and her mother had short hair, I know that she loved my long hair and would really love it at the length it is now.

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!