Page 3527 of 3637 FirstFirst ... 2527302734273477351735253526352735283529353735773627 ... LastLast
Results 35,261 to 35,270 of 36367

Thread: How are you wearing your hair today?

Length
    ?/Calf/TERM!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: How are you wearing your hair today?

floridaorchid, thank you for the video! They explain things really well and in steps! I like how they explained the hand movements with starting with just a ponytail and then moved on to the picking up hairs for the Dutchbraid. I think I will try just doing a regular hanging down braid with the dutch braid hand movements for a while before I move to the one where you start at the top of the head and take small bits. I also envied them their nails…and now want a practice mannequin XD <-I think it’d be fun to try stuff on, but I don’t think it’ll help much for my hair because it’s on the back of my head and it’s so different ding your own hair versus someone else’s. I have tried an “L Infinity bun” and I like it but I forget about it alot. I also do a figure 8 from a cinnabun and I think some people call it an infinity bun? The figure 8 one is holding pretty well in my time of bun failures. I haevn’t tried an L Inifinity lately. I’ll give it a go Thank you for the ideas!

tuanyiji, thank you for explaining how you put the bunny in your hair. That is so cool how you decorate your plant pots with them. I tried that once and it was fun, but that plant died on me when I moved and I haven’t felt much motivation since. Now when I see “LWB” I think of you XD You do so many variations of them!

SandyBottom, that is cool. I don’t have much luck with pinless styles…I guess I should practice. I think they could be useful…like at night, or horrible unexpected tummy ache, etc. So much to learn,so little time!

Fiorentina, so you change buns, too! To be honest, I don’t usually change them on purpose XD Lately I have, though. I’m starting to notice patterns in buns and trying out different things to get a better hold. I think I’m starting to understand hair a little better?

Nefcerka, I never thought of it before, but now I’m curious, too. I wonder what my signature bun is? I don’t really think about it. I know it was a chameleon a few months ago, and for a while a Nessa…I do a lot of cinnabuns and figure 8s. Lately I like that Milady bun you showed me a lot *smilies*

So said, I am wearing a “centerheld” Milady bun. I’m still having a bit of trouble getting some buns to hold well and I wanted to use this “on-the-short-side” acrylic stick because I love the color, but it’s too short for a Milady bun…so I did what I do with Cinnabuns. I put the stick in after I wrapped the bun one and a half times and then finished wrapping it. So far it feels really solid (not as solid as the original, though) and I’m happy with it *smilies* I wonder if this will be my Signature Bun for a while? I don’t even really know what my favorite bun is. The most difficult bun I’ve done is the Vortex bun with braids. I had to do braides because I couldn’t keep the hair separate and I kept messing up. It was very impressive looking! So spiral-y! I never get compliments In Real Life, but I did that day. It’s a lot of work, though…
    🐓_insert erudite quote here_🦤
    💗I'm a pink loving, bun wearing, rambling, bird person. Ta cheistanna agam!💗

Length
    22/40/47
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Cinnamon bun today

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by -Aithne- View Post

Nefcerka, I never thought of it before, but now I’m curious, too. I wonder what my signature bun is? I don’t really think about it. I know it was a chameleon a few months ago, and for a while a Nessa…I do a lot of cinnabuns and figure 8s. Lately I like that Milady bun you showed me a lot *smilies*
    Hi Aithne, this might be just my misunderstanding because English is not my native language, but I just assumed (possibly wrong) that if someone has a "signature" bun, it means they invented it? All this time I had assumed that e.g. neoma knot is Neoma´s signature bun, spock is bparnell´s signature bun and so on so on. I had thought that eadwine invented the quick 10 sec bun? Anyway, that is just semantics I suppose. I don´t have any signature bun, since I have not invented any nor do I have just one that I prefer over all others.

Fiorentina A. Canaretti Fiorentina's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/HL/Class
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I did that brioche bun-thing once again...
    Regards
    Fiorentina
    A nice​ bun makes the day.

Length
    ?/Calf/TERM!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Nefcerka, thank you for explaining. I thought “signature” meant something really associated with the person. Like we could say a 60th Street fork is Fiorentina’s signature hair toy because she is always wearing one *smilies* Or someone who wears a certain style of clothing…it would be their signature style. That is how I always understood it to mean. I think your English is amazing, By The Way. The ten second bun sounds really interesting, too! Lately I think my buns feel very similar.

Fiorentina, I think I’ll have to try a Brioche bun since you like it so much *smilies* Maybe later on today.

I’m in the same modified Milady Bun again. It held really well yesterday and I really like it. I have a bone fork in it. I like how smooth bone forks are. They feel kind of heavier than some woods, but I’ve never got a tension? weight? headache from one. They remind me of heavy cream. I think I like hair toys that remind me of food… I did try a peacock twist yesterday because Lapushka mentioned loving it, but I couldn’t get it to look right because my ends are really thin. I think I need to think of a modification for it to make it work.
    🐓_insert erudite quote here_🦤
    💗I'm a pink loving, bun wearing, rambling, bird person. Ta cheistanna agam!💗

Fiorentina A. Canaretti Fiorentina's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/HL/Class
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Fiorentina, I think I’ll have to try a Brioche bun since you like it so much *smilies* Maybe later on today.
    Oh yes please go for it, Aithne-.
    You know for sure, without asking, what kind hair-toy is needed for holding the Brioche bun-thing in place
    Regards
    Fiorentina
    A nice​ bun makes the day.

Length
    Chin/43.5/Blunt
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Dutch braided again and in my cap. I need these lower styles for rainy days to fit my hood up and low buns always make my scalp tender.
    Chin~Shoulder~APL~Midback~Waist~Hip~TB~CL~[FTL]~MT~Knee~Knee+
    Pursuing my Princess Hair ♕

Length
    MBL/Waist/TBL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I felt inspired to try the Milady bun from the video that was shared here, and so far its holding really well!! I will definitely be including it in my regular bun rotation I am using my 3 prong teal mapleburl today.
    I am just old-fashioned enough to like long hair, gardening, and knitting…
    Cut Back to Tailbone!

Length
    22/40/47
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Was in a comet bun now down and air drying

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Nefcerka, thank you for explaining. I thought “signature” meant something really associated with the person. Like we could say a 60th Street fork is Fiorentina’s signature hair toy because she is always wearing one *smilies* Or someone who wears a certain style of clothing…it would be their signature style. That is how I always understood it to mean. I think your English is amazing, By The Way. The ten second bun sounds really interesting, too! Lately I think my buns feel very similar.
    Thank you Aithne for explaining and for your praise - I sometimes make mistakes in grammar or wording that I´m self-conscious (embarrassed) about, but oh well... I am glad you are enjoying the Milady´s bun btw.

Today I tried the "easy chopstick bun" by the youtube channel Learn Do Teach Hairstyles and I like it. It really is the lapis_lazuli´s bun (or caterpillar) in the final appearance, but with this method of inserting the hairstick, the bun ends up being horizontal, rather than vertical. It´s quick and easy, but my hair compresses so much - it would look even better on someone with thick hair.
    Last edited by Nefcerka; June 14th, 2023 at 03:34 AM. Reason: put names in bold