Page 3448 of 3461 FirstFirst ... 24482948334833983438344634473448344934503458 ... LastLast
Results 34,471 to 34,480 of 34604

Thread: How are you wearing your hair today?

Length
    ?/53"/TERM!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: How are you wearing your hair today?

Quote Originally Posted by Whirly Girly View Post
    Yes, I’m not overly fond of forks for buns either….I know what you mean. I’m going to try a flexi clip for my buns next, as soon as my order arrives…I hear they work great for buns and just about every up-do. Time will tell.

Sounds like your bird disapproves…don’t they all? I have a budgie girl and she is all white. Her name is Coconut. She talks too. I’d show a picture but I don’t want to derail this thread. She’s an adorable little affectionate sweetie pie and I’m in love with her. Don’t get me wrong, she can be feisty too…but she’s so darn cute, I overlook her occasional bad moods.
    She sounds adorable All my budgies had very nice personalities. They're cheerful people! I love the name Coconut

Quote Originally Posted by rosenester View Post
    ‘Milkmaid braids’ Don’t feel very well today (mild cold), and wanted my hair to be out of the way for laying down but cute for going for a short walk.
    I hope you feel better soon! I had Milkmaid Crown braids on Friday for the dentist :P

Today my hair is still in the exercise Chameleon bun...I'm thinking about letting it down because I just feel tired today.
    🐓_insert erudite quote here_🦤
    💗I'm a pink loving, bun wearing, rambling, bird person. Ta cheistanna agam!💗

Length
    13.5/26.25/TERM
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Log roll held with a claw clip under a tichel.
    To Jesus, my heart, my all, forever.

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I'm doing a peacock twist today, the only simple hairstyle that works with my layered hair

Length
    ?/53"/TERM!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful Mystery View Post
    Log roll held with a claw clip under a tichel.
    Log rolls are hard for me...they always wobble to the side. Does the claw clip or tichel help keep it up?

Quote Originally Posted by Poinsettia View Post
    I'm doing a peacock twist today, the only simple hairstyle that works with my layered hair
    That sounds pretty! I'm going to look it up for next time

Today I'm wearing a upside-down Lazy Wrap Bun (Hmm...the link box changed, I hope this worked). I put my hands so my thumb points up instead of down so my LWB wouldn't look like a saggy bun. It worked and now I have more poof above the hair toy instead of below It was a bit hard to twist my hand that way, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I was going to wash my hair and wear it down but I have a dentist appointment so maybe a braid. I brushed out my wurls last night so it should be easy.

Length
    -/28/31
    Type
    2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by -Aithne- View Post
    Log rolls are hard for me...they always wobble to the side. Does the claw clip or tichel help keep it up?

That sounds pretty! I'm going to look it up for next time

Today I'm wearing a upside-down Lazy Wrap Bun (Hmm...the link box changed, I hope this worked). I put my hands so my thumb points up instead of down so my LWB wouldn't look like a saggy bun. It worked and now I have more poof above the hair toy instead of below It was a bit hard to twist my hand that way, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
    I have a regular lazy wrap bun, at my nape for the day. I recently finally figured out this bun! I think I maybe held it upside down when I got it to hold on my crown the other day? I can’t remember what I did, just that my hands found a way I’ll pay closer attention next time, (not redoing my current bun as it feels wonderfully secure and completely comfortable and I don’t want to mess with it!)
    * 26 in~mid-back * 28 in~waist * 31 in~hip *

Length
    jaw/apl+/hip
    Type
    3b/M/ii

Golden claw clip with embedded flower accents. My colleagues complimented me on it

Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Just have it up in a fast and somewhat sloppy bun today, using one of my new gold colored mega flexies. Sometimes I find the mega clips difficult to get around the entire bun. It seems to work best when I put the clip through half the hair at the base of the bun. Effortless.

​​​ LOVE IS IN TH​E HAIR​!

Length
    ?/53"/TERM!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rosenester View Post
    I have a regular lazy wrap bun, at my nape for the day. I recently finally figured out this bun! I think I maybe held it upside down when I got it to hold on my crown the other day? I can’t remember what I did, just that my hands found a way I’ll pay closer attention next time, (not redoing my current bun as it feels wonderfully secure and completely comfortable and I don’t want to mess with it!)
    I'd really appreciate any help you can give me. My fingers keep trying for a log rolls, but my sticks won't hold it in (they will for an hour or so but then it comes out). Thank you for the advice about the Turbi-Twist in another thread. I got a copy-cat brand one with bunny ears on it and it works really well! I love it My hair gets a lot drier now with it.

Quote Originally Posted by spirals View Post
    I was going to wash my hair and wear it down but I have a dentist appointment so maybe a braid. I brushed out my wurls last night so it should be easy.
    Did you end up doing a braid? I had a dentists' appointment this month, too, so I wondered what other people did with their hair. I ended up doing milkmaid crown braids. The dental assistant said they were pretty <-I hardly ever get compliments so I was really happy

Quote Originally Posted by milteu View Post
    Golden claw clip with embedded flower accents. My colleagues complimented me on it
    Yay for compliments

Quote Originally Posted by Whirly Girly View Post
    Just have it up in a fast and somewhat sloppy bun today, using one of my new gold colored mega flexies. Sometimes I find the mega clips difficult to get around the entire bun. It seems to work best when I put the clip through half the hair at the base of the bun. Effortless.
    Your bun looks so pretty...and shiny I have a hard time keeping my bun together it I do it high like that. You must be really good with hair

Today I'm wearing a wierd modified twisty bun I found on Apple News (you make a pony, get your hairstick under it horizontally, twirl the pony once or twice, rotate the stick clockwise until it's straight up and down, stab it into your crown hair and wrap the remaining hair around the whole dealie, making sure it's wrapped under both ends of the stick). Sometimes it holds, sometimes it doesn't...but I like practicing my bunning so it's no big deal if it falls...unless I'm cooking XD

Length
    Bra/Thigh/Knee
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Just another tall messy bun again today. The sticks are not holding anything…I just stuck them in for decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by -Aithne- View Post

Your bun looks so pretty...and shiny I have a hard time keeping my bun together it I do it high like that. You must be really good with hair

Oh thank you, Aithne…so nice of you to say. I am pretty good with hair but it didn’t come naturally…I worked at it for years and watched hundreds of youtube videos. I still have a lot more to learn though.

Sometimes my tall buns collapse too….it happens. One thing I have found helpful is to use a couple of bobby pins to connect each layer together….really works great and you don’t need many. You can even use sticks like above…holds the layers together and looks nice. Win/win.
    Last edited by Whirly Girly; October 7th, 2022 at 03:02 PM.
    ​​​ LOVE IS IN TH​E HAIR​!