Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have You Noticed the New Links In Posts?

Length
    8/26/33?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Smile Have You Noticed the New Links In Posts?

Hello, all!

Some of you will notice that there are suddenly links popping up in posts! Don't worry, they are perfectly safe and actually very helpful to this website. I've installed some software here that simply links words and phrases that can (hopefully) make us some money to help support this website. I know no one is a big fan of ads, but I'm looking for the least obnoxious and least obtrusive methods to help this site support itself. I care about your experience here and absolutely do not want to diminish your user experience in our community. With that said...

This website is really expensive to run. I put the ads up for those who wish to help us out and for those who do, I truly, greatly appreciate it.

My goal in this is to provide interesting, potentially helpful (or even entertaining at times, as we've noticed ) ads that aren't in your way. Member experience here is vitally important to me. But, so is having a site for my members.

This is a trial run to see if the links are better than the other ads placed around the website. They may not be beneficial in the long run and in that case, they will be removed.

Again, to those who support this website, I greatly appreciate it. The support means so much to me.

Thank you,
    Stephanie

Growing back to TBL! &:D LongCurlyTress's Avatar
    Type
    3b/F/iii

Default Re: Have You Noticed the New Links In Posts?

So does the site get money if we click on the ad? That would be easy to do!!

July, 2016 @ 37inches TBL

Length
    8/26/33?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

The banner ads (the non-link ads) do generate revenue via clicks, but not much. Apparently there isn't much money in growing long hair...we should turn this into a hair LOSS forum (I imagine Rogaine pays more for their ads?). Please only click on ads that you're genuinely interested in, as sometimes if someone is overzealously clicking (we do appreciate the zeal ), they will reverse some of the money generated by that person.

The links, as far as I know, do not generate revenue via clicks. The software links the words with various affiliate programs and for those to pay out, someone usually has to buy something.

Growing back to TBL! &:D LongCurlyTress's Avatar
    Type
    3b/F/iii

Oh bummer. Well thanks for the ad revenue clarification and for taking such good care of our LHC forum.
    PS Hair loss forum with Rogaine ads... ROFL!!

July, 2016 @ 37inches TBL

Length
    2cm/hips/?
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I understand a bar of adds to help with the forum/site cost. I am very happy about that. I can just see and keep reading/scrolling etc...
    What I am not happy about is the adds pages opening themselves.

Length
    8/26/33?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by elea View Post
    I understand a bar of adds to help with the forum/site cost. I am very happy about that. I can just see and keep reading/scrolling etc...
    They should only open if you click on them.

Length
    2cm/hips/?
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

edit: and the surveys.
    and it is every time I change thread or click on different part of the forum/site.
    O-oh...
    ah, just in case it does not stop: many thanks for the help and discoveries; all the very best to all.
    (Hoping it does stop but in case it does not).

Length
    2cm/hips/?
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    They should only open if you click on them.
    Nop, I do anything (like clicking to reply to this and... of we go...)
    just to say: i cleared my computer today and i am only on this forum now.
    good thing: i found what was annoying me. bad thing: it's here.

i try again next week.

(sorry for quick typing / bad english. fingers tired today. took a while putting computer back to basics. fingers tired).

Length
    8/26/33?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by elea View Post
    Nop, I do anything (like clicking to reply to this and... of we go...)
    just to say: i cleared my computer today and i am only on this forum now.
    good thing: i found what was annoying me. bad thing: it's here.

i try again next week.

(sorry for quick typing / bad english. fingers tired today. took a while putting computer back to basics. fingers tired).
    This is not happening with me in any of my browsers on my laptop/tablet/phone and I don't have ad blocking software. It's not happening to my husband on his computers, either. If this is happening to anyone else, please let me know.

I was wary at first that these would be like the ones on some sites, where if your mouse even thinks about getting anywhere near them, it pops up a big window that is a pain to get rid of, but luckily I haven't found that to be the case (at least in my browser).

It just means I have to remember to hover before I click and check the web address, because a couple times I've thought it was something the poster actually linked to and almost clicked on them.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.