Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Goblins and demons and bats; oh my! Show us your Halloween Hairtoys!

Type
    1b/F/i

Default Goblins and demons and bats; oh my! Show us your Halloween Hairtoys!

I LOVE Halloween! Maybe it's because I grew up in a part of the country where the leaves turn red, orange, and gold in the fall. I remember crisp autumn nights in my hometown when the air was filled with coal smoke and the long twilight made everything seem just a little magical. A little eerie. A little spooky.

To top it off I was born in late October. My mother told me that she watched the Halloween parade the morning after my birth- while holding me in her arms. I think that morning seeped into my blood.

I'm older now and, while I don't venture into the night with a big bag to gather all of the loot that I can carry, I remember that feeling of excitement every time a child comes to my door.

Aging has its advantages. Now, I get to collect Halloween Hairtoys!

Not the greatest photographer but here they are. I've provided links when I could so you can look at better pictures!
    TT Bat Lovers Stick (Vampires everywhere eat your hearts out)
    TT Skully Stick
    Santos Zebrawood 60th street fork
    Orange and black hair elastic with spiders
    Eaduard Tapered Acrylic in All Hallows Eve
    Woodworking Cory Black and White Striped Acrylic (included because it reminds me of Jack Skellington's suit)
    Woodworking Cory Custom Mix Acrylic in Orange and Black (one of a kind; again, eat your heart out)
    Woodworking Cory Captured Ring Acrylic Stick in Orange and Black
    Skull Flexi
    Woodworking Cory Acrylic in Warm Rainbow Mist (included because it's the exact colors of a fairy-tale pumpkin; I may make a little face on it with tape)
    One of a Kind TT Halloween-Themed stick
    [IMG][/IMG]
    You saw mine! Now show me yours!
    Last edited by lunasea; September 2nd, 2015 at 09:46 PM.
    Time is the fire in which we burn...Delmore Schwartz
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Length
    20/27/46
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Goblins and demons and bats; oh my! Show us your Halloween Hairtoys!

I adore your Halloween collection! I don't really have anything that would fit this category myself, but seeing yours sure put a smile on my face!
    Shoulder 17" APL 22.5" BSL 27" Waist 31" TB 36" Classic 46"

The Naughty Mess says.... Seeshami's Avatar
    Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Goblins and demons and bats; oh my! Show us your Halloween Hairtoys!

Uuuuuh..... those are everyday hair toys for me.. what is this nonsense about being for halloween?

The naughty mess says, "I plead innocent!"
    Should have kept your snaggles off the keyboard and plead the 5th.

Length
    SL/BSL/WL+
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

wickedest most evilly splendifirous Halloween collection ever! I picked up the flexi owl just last week (somewhat halloween-y) Sadly I missed out on skull and crossbones. Awesome collection! Wow that black and white stripe though!
    Just about BSL when curly -microtrimming as I go/grow

Length
    CBL/Waist/Term
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Seeshami View Post
    Uuuuuh..... those are everyday hair toys for me.. what is this nonsense about being for halloween?
    I KNEW Seeshami would come in here and say that. lol.

I guess I don't have any technically "Halloween-ish" toys other than one Lady Idun, really. Well, unless you're counting spiders, then I do have a couple things.

Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Seeshami View Post
    Oh, don't EVEN think these are JUST limited to Halloween!

Quote Originally Posted by DollyDagger View Post
    wickedest most evilly splendifirous Halloween collection ever! I picked up the flexi owl just last week (somewhat halloween-y) Sadly I missed out on skull and crossbones. Awesome collection! Wow that black and white stripe though!
    Thank YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by AspenSong View Post
    I KNEW Seeshami would come in here and say that. lol.

I guess I don't have any technically "Halloween-ish" toys other than one Lady Idun, really. Well, unless you're counting spiders, then I do have a couple things.
    Lets see 'em!
    Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light...Dylan Thomas

Type
    1b/F/i

Thank you!

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I never saw the appeal of TTs until I saw your bat one. I love your collection. WWCs are all so lovely.

Type
    1b/F/i

You have good taste Swan Maiden...that bat stick is amazing! I got it off the swap board from a lady in Germany. I danced a jig when I saw it 'cause I knew it existed but never thought it would be mine!

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I'm a sucker for bats. That's awesome you snagged it! Oh oh how cool would it be to have coordinating colors of fall leaves with matching color sticks pictures....oh goodness lunasea what have you done to me, now I need an Autumn themed hairstick collection...