Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Support thread for emotional trimmers

Default Re: Support thread for emotional trimmers

Quote Originally Posted by shutterpillar View Post
    Yes, I'd love to see so much growth in my hair in 2021, but also within my soul. I need some internal peace for sure.
    I had some cognitive behavioural therapy, which helped to stop the anxiety taking over. The cause of the anxiety hasn’t gone away, and isn’t going to, but it will get easier and I have a means of coping. It’s worth trying (or revisiting), if you are able to.

Length
    buzz/chin/waist
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    I had some cognitive behavioural therapy, which helped to stop the anxiety taking over. The cause of the anxiety hasn’t gone away, and isn’t going to, but it will get easier and I have a means of coping. It’s worth trying (or revisiting), if you are able to.
    Absolutely! I have been in therapy for the last 1.5 years trying to get my anxiety and depression sorted out. HUGE internet hugs and love to you.
    .:: former hennahead enjoying her silvers ::.
    current length: chin/bob | first goal length: BSL

Quote Originally Posted by shutterpillar View Post
    Absolutely! I have been in therapy for the last 1.5 years trying to get my anxiety and depression sorted out. HUGE internet hugs and love to you.
    Thank you

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Nice to hear that I'm not the only anxious trimmer! I have a bad combo of wanting to cut my hair when the anxiety/depression kicks in, and just plain enjoying cutting hair! Luckily my partner has started letting me cut his during the lockdown which helps tame some of the hair-cutting urges.