Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: aloe vera and hair re-growth

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Default Re: aloe vera and hair re-growth

Check out these teenage boys who did an aloe experiment on their father. Not sure if they ever had their findings published, but it looks like they used pure aloe in the 6 month experiment, which was left on for 12-14 hours a day:

http://www.pasadenastarnews.com/gene...owth-treatment

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

The father of teenage boys, I didn't read the story, only looked at the photos, and it just seemed like his existing hair grew longer and it was combed over (towards back, and not right down the side like in before photo).

I've read some blog posts and non-scientific articles about aloe being claimed to be good for hair growth, re-growth, etc. Nothing that really made me believe in it, and the hits i got were quite few. That being said I have used aloe gel (commercial) as a base for my essential oil scalp treatment, and I have liked it. I can't honestly say that I've got re-growth from massages, aloe, EOs (or caffeine rinses, MSM, etc etc). I had some hair loss the past year and since mid-spring I've gotten some re-growth, though, but I really tend to explain it with "natural" reasons, like improved diet which led to less shedding and ofcourse after bigger shedding there is a bigger re-growth too. The aloe+EOs are a very pleasant to use and relaxing, and make my hair smell nice, and that's the main reason I kept using them for months (currently taking a bit of a break).

I also tried aloe gel alone on my brows and lashes, and sometimes it seemed they might have become teeniest tinyest bit of longer and thicker, but not enough to know for sure. At most I am inclined to think the eloe gel maybe built up on my lashes/brows and temporarily made them seem hundreth of a millimeter longer, lol. (The aloe gel I have has some additives, which could very well build up like that temporarily.)

So, all and all I love aloe gel, it's pleasant and moisturizing and suits my acne prone skin amazingly well, and I can recommend it for everyone. But I wouldn't bet my hat it improving growth rates never the less helping new hairs to grow.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    The father of teenage boys, I didn't read the story, only looked at the photos, and it just seemed like his existing hair grew longer and it was combed over (towards back, and not right down the side like in before photo).

I've read some blog posts and non-scientific articles about aloe being claimed to be good for hair growth, re-growth, etc. Nothing that really made me believe in it, and the hits i got were quite few. That being said I have used aloe gel (commercial) as a base for my essential oil scalp treatment, and I have liked it. I can't honestly say that I've got re-growth from massages, aloe, EOs (or caffeine rinses, MSM, etc etc). I had some hair loss the past year and since mid-spring I've gotten some re-growth, though, but I really tend to explain it with "natural" reasons, like improved diet which led to less shedding and ofcourse after bigger shedding there is a bigger re-growth too. The aloe+EOs are a very pleasant to use and relaxing, and make my hair smell nice, and that's the main reason I kept using them for months (currently taking a bit of a break).

I also tried aloe gel alone on my brows and lashes, and sometimes it seemed they might have become teeniest tinyest bit of longer and thicker, but not enough to know for sure. At most I am inclined to think the eloe gel maybe built up on my lashes/brows and temporarily made them seem hundreth of a millimeter longer, lol. (The aloe gel I have has some additives, which could very well build up like that temporarily.)

So, all and all I love aloe gel, it's pleasant and moisturizing and suits my acne prone skin amazingly well, and I can recommend it for everyone. But I wouldn't bet my hat it improving growth rates never the less helping new hairs to grow.

I believe the full name of the study is "The Hair Combover Scientific Method".

Heehee, just kidding. I went back and saw some of their updated videos on YouTube, they seem like very bright young men & they did a good job doing a proper experiment, but I agree their results were rather minor. When you are dealing with hair loss, though, any tiny improvement is exciting, so maybe it's worth a shot. I've been using pure aloe instead of a carrier oil as a base for my Rosemary EO and it helps my shedding a little, but I can't say I've had major significant regrowth or anything. I'm happy with the improvements I've made and I have a slightly thicker ponytail circumference, but not nearly where it once was. I agree with you that aloe is very nice, but dietary changes are probably where it's at (unless there's a scalp condition or something like that).

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

I use peppermint oil often. Today I got my order of aloe powder.

Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I have a little bottle of aloe vera gel and I have no clue what to do with it.

Hi,

Aloe Vera gel is an excellent remedy for any hair problem. Avoid buying products from the shop it is better to use fresh aloe vera gel that you can extract from the leaves.

Type
    3a/M/ii

I actually like a lot the idea of experimenting with fresh aloe from the plant mixed with peppermint oil. Aloe plants aren't too difficult to find and the worst thing that can happen is that I smell like a mentos, ah ah! Thanks guys!

Length
    3/12/3
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Aloe Vera is actually one of the best natural hair remedies for many kinds of hair problems like hair falling, dandruff, itchy dry scalp and hair. It is also very good for growing hair if you use it regularly for some time. Here is my favourite recipe that I would like to share with you.
    Lemon and aloe vera. You'll need 1/2 teaspoon aloe Vera gel and 1 tablespoon lemon juice. Blend this ingredients well and add a little of your regular shampoo. Wash your hair as usual, but let the shampoo on for a few minutes. About 10-15 minutes before you wash your hair, rub a lot of aloe vera gel into your scalp. leave it on for 10 minutes, and shampoo your hair like you regularly do. if you do this everyday the dandruff will stay away. Aloe Vera is my favorite herb and I would like to share some of its amazing health benefits for skin, hair and overall health here. So If you're wondering how to get rid of dandruff, try this amazing natural herb.

Aloe Vera Health Benefits

Enhancing skin health and helping reduce skin problems- treating burns, reducing pain and itching, helping in treatment of seborrheic dermatitis and other types of eczema, acne, pimples, sunburns, insect bites, allergies, blisters, blemishes, wrinkles, scars and redness; getting rid of dead skin cells; reducing dark spots and acting as a great moisturizer. It is a wonderful beauty product just by itself!

Treating dandruff and lice, making your hair healthier

Providing healthy teeth, preventing bad breath and strengthening gums

Helping maintain a healthy body weight, burning fat and getting rid of unwanted body weight

Providing normal cholesterol levels by lowering triglycerides and reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease.

Helping treat or even eradicate cancer tumors and cells by polysachharides, curing radiation burns, helping patients recover better from treatment and improving survival from cancer

Relieving arthritis and rheumatism, muscle and joint pain if taken as juice or tablets and easing inflammation if applied externally

Enhancing the antioxidant benefits of vitamins C and E

Treating digestive disorders such as reflux, avoiding constipation, curing stomach and mouth ulcers and Celiac disease

Promoting circulatory health by preventing blood stickiness

Balancing blood glucose levels and managing diabetes, helping peripheral neuropathy- providing relief by improving blood circulation in diabetes patients that have feet and hands going numb all the time
    Stimulating the immune system and helping fight different types of diseases, including perhaps HIV and some types of cancer (acemannan phytonutrient in aloe vera is a natural immune booster)

Cleansing tummy, bladder, kidney, colon and the whole body

Rebalancing the blood chemistry and increasing the blood quality, facilitating nutrient and oxygen transportation in...

Length
    ../??/Term
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/iii

I use aloe vera almost every day. I had a massive shed last year, so I did some research and found that aloe vera, and clary sage are good for the scalp and hair. To have hair growth and healthy hair, a healthy scalp is pretty important too. From what I have read, aloe vera contains enzymes that encourage healthy hair growth, and it is also anti-pruritic, in that it helps to alleviate dryness and itchiness of the scalp. From other things that I have read, Clary sage has anti-androgen properties, in which it can help to inhibit too much of the hormone from preventing growth, so in the process the clary sage can stimulate the hair to grow more. This is just from what I remember reading though, I could be wrong. I definitely agree with what others said about massaging the scalp...it is very good for creating blood circulation and stimulating hair growth.
    Final Goal: Terminal lengthLady Randiriel, Shepherdess of Tithenmamiwen

"...The hidden paths that run West of the Moon, East of the Sun."
    Length
    17"/17"/38"
    Type
    3b/3c/F/i

I think I'll be trying this! I have both peppermint EO and aloe vera - would any of you recommend I mix the two or just use one or the other?