Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am i a bad person for this? Also a mini rant.

Length
    10 in/10 in/33 in
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Am i a bad person for this? Also a mini rant.

I keep hearing stories of people who are ignorant enough to tell all of you long haired lovelies that you need to cut your hair. I cant wait for mine to grow out really long so I can encounter these people and make them feel foolish for imposing on something that doesnt affect them.

I guess what brought this on, is I have a friend, who is male. His hair is kinky curly and beautiful. Its shoulder length (maybe a little longer) and a girl came up and said to him "You need to cut off your hair. I F@$&ing hate it" He was so flabbergasted he was like " Uh, ok, im sorry"

Like seriously!!!! WHO DOES THAT?!?!?! I would have punched someone in the face if they were that rude to me! UGH!

Sorry, feeling angry over this
    ~chin~neck~shoulder length~collar bone length~ APL~ BSB~BSL~MBL~WL
    "And remember, as it was written, to love another person is to see the face of God." — Les Miserables

Length
    waist/BSL+/...?
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Am i a bad person for this? Also a mini rant.

Well, you won't necessarily get mean comments to your face. I haven't gotten anything mean...just people pushing me to donate. Maybe I will when I get older.

Summer of 2017...after "The Chop."

Length
    20"/28.5"/CL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I don't even have that long of hair yet, but when I talk about how long I want my hair to be i have had comments like "then you can donate it". It bothers me and I'm not even to my goal yet.
    Lady Nisaba, Scribe of the Celestial Scrolls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    12"/35"/35"
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

No-one has ever said this to me and I've been WL for a year. What's going on with all these other people you talk about??

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

It may depend on your age whether you get these comments, or what country you live in. I certainly get these remarks from my sisters.
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    15/19.5/9999'
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Tell them to donate a kidney. Be angry at them for having an extra kidney and ALL those people dying they could have saved.

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cdonald2 View Post
    I guess what brought this on, is I have a friend, who is male. His hair is kinky curly and beautiful. Its shoulder length (maybe a little longer) and a girl came up and said to him "You need to cut off your hair. I F@$&ing hate it" He was so flabbergasted he was like " Uh, ok, im sorry"
    I dated a guy who had the same type of hair and it was funny because people either loved or hated it. When my aunt met him she was all nice to his face and cooing over his hair, but I later found out she had told her 7 year old son he had "better not ever let his hair look like that" 5 minutes later

I've only ever had one negative comment said to me personally and that was from my best friend. He said my hair was too long, but he has pretty narrow views of how women should look and has a problem with pretty much anything longer than BSL.

Length
    Pixie/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Tell them to donate a kidney. Be angry at them for having an extra kidney and ALL those people dying they could have saved.
    How DARE all those selfish people!
    And they darn sure better be donating blood! A pint every 56 days or they are letting people DIE. Shame on them for keeping their blood.

Lol Knifegill you made my night.
    Pixie-Bob-Shoulder-CBL-APL-BSL-WL-HL-BCL-TBL 2019!

Lady Hester, Healer of the Platte and Plains in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

The person who raves on about my hair being nasty IS a blood donor....
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR

Length
    14"/35"/51"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Nah, you're not a bad person. I'm pretty non-confrontational about most things, but I will always say something if people are offering unasked for BS about my personal appearance. My default response to "You need to cut (or donate) your hair!" is "Actually, I don't need to do anything you say," said in a very unpleasant tone of voice. I find refuge in blunt, deadpan statements or in deep sarcasm. Why waste time arguing or explaining when you can just shut them down and make them go away?

Back in black, and growing to the bitter end.

APL ~ BSL ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ Tailbone ~ Butt ~ Classic