Thread: Head hair got caught in epilator- question

Default Head hair got caught in epilator- question

Today I was epilating my legs, silly me had my long waist length hair loose🙈 and didn't even think about it getting caught. I normally have my hair in a braid but untied it because I was getting ready for a bath.

A small portion of my head hair got caught in the epilator, mid length- and I panicked. Quickly switched off from the mains power. I ended up cutting that small portion with scissors, I didn't feel anything in my roots. Just wondering if my hair will be ok?

Length
    Chin/43.5/Blunt
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Head hair got caught in epilator- question

Other than damage where it got caught (which it sounds like you cut off) there shouldn't be any issues I can think of.
    Chin~Shoulder~APL~Midback~Waist~Hip~TB~CL~[FTL]~MT~Knee~Knee+
    Pursuing my Princess Hair ♕

I took some gently out and the rest I cut of. I guess it will look like I have a uneven length somewhere.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetalexandria View Post
    I took some gently out and the rest I cut of. I guess it will look like I have a uneven length somewhere.
    Let's be rational here for a moment and look at the facts. An epilator can't "eat" that much hair in one go, so I am willing to bet not that much hair got caught. I hope this will reassure you in some way. And it seems that by cutting a bit off, you saved your hair. I mean, that's great and just about all you can do. It will grow back and I'm willing to bet it's not that much damage.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Lapushka, I like the way you described that it wouldn't eat that much hair, it's a perfect way to think of it. I definitely feel better🙂. I admit when it happened, I was also annoyed that my head hair got mixed with the epilator hair even though I knew I can just wash it off. And today I did think about how it could have damaged my hair.
    I just panic and overthink when freak accidents happen. Once while I was at work, the velcro got stuck on a bit of my hair and I had to get it out slowly. I just hate when things like that happen.

My mum said my hair was getting too long today and the ends looked uneven she said she will trim my hair. It's been a long while since I trimmed it so it was long overdue, I guess that epilator hair got even length.