Page 23 of 60 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Over 60s, the not-so-geriatric thread

Length
    Pixie/MBL/???

Default Re: Over 60s, the not-so-geriatric thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    Does anyone else agree that it’s incredibly comfortable keeping your hair off your face and neck. For years the pixie was so high maintenance and soon looked shaggy sheepish without monthly trims. Mine is still a short bob but am finding the headband solution so freeing.

By the way I have found the most comfortable headbands are home made from widths of old leggings. Cheap too! Plus no sew.
    Oh my goodness yes!!!! Pixie maintaining days are over for me for sure!!! Woo!! And now the bun days are soooooo awesome. I didn’t think of needing a trim during the lock down once. 😁 And now on wash days I notice I’m creeping towards waist! It will be months and months.... for sure. But eek 😱 I never ever thought I would be heading into these lengths. These are the best days of my life with my hair! ❤️

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by hanne jensen View Post
    I'm 61 and would like to join. My hair is to just touching my thighs.
    Hello. Wow, thigh length hair, this is awesome.

Does anyone else agree that it’s incredibly comfortable keeping your hair off your face and neck. For years the pixie was so high maintenance and soon looked shaggy sheepish without monthly trims. Mine is still a short bob but am finding the headband solution so freeing.

By the way I have found the most comfortable headbands are home made from widths of old leggings. Cheap too! Plus no sew.
    I agree. My pixie was high maintenance. With curly hair (which has a mind all of its own ) the pixie always looked unkempt. I did not have the styling skills to keep up with the unruly, short curls.

I like your suggestion, old leggings it is! It is so hot and humid here, headbands have saved many a day, recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by bokeh View Post
    Hello! I see by your profile that you have been a victim of TLHCitis. Your description says that your goal is above waist but you are far past and heading to your terminal length. How long do you hope terminal is?

Headbands kept me sane while growing out my pixie. Without them my hair was completely unmanageable until I was able to put it into a ponytail. As my hair grew longer and I was able to do more different styles I stopped using them. I wish I had known your tip about making them from leggings back then.
    I wish TLHCitis would take control over me, I really want to make it to waist. I am really trying this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vacurlylady View Post
    Oh my goodness yes!!!! Pixie maintaining days are over for me for sure!!! Woo!! And now the bun days are soooooo awesome. I didn’t think of needing a trim during the lock down once. 😁 And now on wash days I notice I’m creeping towards waist! It will be months and months.... for sure. But eek 😱 I never ever thought I would be heading into these lengths. These are the best days of my life with my hair! ❤️
    I love this post, Vacurlylady! Thanks for the positivity. My hair is visibly longer all of a sudden and it makes me happy. I just need to stay the course.

Length
    1"/36"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

luluj I hope that you make your goal! You’re trying hard and that along with patience is a great start.

Length
    1"/36"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Vacurlylady View Post
    These are the best days of my life with my hair! ❤️
    Yes! Who knew how great it would be to be over 60 with long hair! I didn’t expect this and I’m not quite sure where the inspiration to grow came from but I’m happy with my length so far and still growing!

Length
    14/18/22
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Vacurlylady, bokeh and luluj... what great replies. You are right about the best days of your hair life. Something never sat right for me about the pixie. I feel long hair is my true identity. I can see a few raised eyebrows at my natural colour and headband but the great thing about being in your 60s is lack of concern about other people’s eyebrow �� comments. I know mine is short but you are all inspiring me and keeping tabs on progress is motivating. Pony tails will be my way forward. Joining up with the others on this thread is making the journey so much fun. Thanks.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Smile Re: Over 60s, the not-so-geriatric thread

luluj I hope that you make your goal! You’re trying hard and that along with patience is a great start.
    Thank-you so much, bokeh.

My 1st goal is APL, which is still far off, due to trimming my longest layer in order to create a more blunt hemline. I still have layers, but they are nicely blended and add some body to my fine hair. My face framing layers are a little shorter still, but I plan to keep those shorter to help soften my jawline. They also soften the look of an updo.

Waist is my dream length.

The older I get the more I seem to use the word soften.

Length
    14/18/22
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by hanne jensen View Post
    I'm 61 and would like to join. My hair is to just touching my thighs.
    Welcome. I’m new too.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Vacurlylady, bokeh and luluj... what great replies. You are right about the best days of your hair life. Something never sat right for me about the pixie. I feel long hair is my true identity. I can see a few raised eyebrows at my natural colour and headband but the great thing about being in your 60s is lack of concern about other people’s eyebrow �� comments. I know mine is short but you are all inspiring me and keeping tabs on progress is motivating. Pony tails will be my way forward. Joining up with the others on this thread is making the journey so much fun. Thanks.
    Lainey, I think I can safely say that you are a long haired girl at heart. (me too)

Here's to raised eyebrows, pony tails and inspiration. We can all enjoy this journey together.

Oh, I almost forgot to say patience, lol!

Length
    1"/36"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by luluj View Post
    Here's to raised eyebrows, pony tails and inspiration. We can all enjoy this journey together.

Oh, I almost forgot to say patience, lol!
    I’m really feeling at home in this thread and relating to everyone’s posts. Here’s also to softening our styles, making goals, learning new buns, long hair feeling like our true identity, and these are the best days of our hair life! Oh, and all enjoying the journey together!

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I’m really feeling at home in this thread and relating to everyone’s posts. Here’s also to softening our styles, making goals, learning new buns, long hair feeling like our true identity, and these are the best days of our hair life! Oh, and all enjoying the journey together!
    This is such a heartwarming post, bokeh, thank-you.