Page 55 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 564

Thread: Over 60s, the not-so-geriatric thread

  1. #541
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    232
    Length
    14/16/22
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

    Default Re: Over 60s, the not-so-geriatric thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bokeh View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed the videos! I love seeing long grey hair in motion. Thanks for the inspiration Lainey!

    You are welcome bokeh. Nice to check in with you again.

  2. #542
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    232
    Length
    14/16/22
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

    Default Re: Over 60s, the not-so-geriatric thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Cg View Post
    Very nice, thank you, Lainey! Silver is so beautiful, and how refreshing to see these women proving long hair is lovely at any age.
    I totally agree with this sentiment Cg. It really encourages me to see these women totally rock their long hair.

  3. #543
    Member luluj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,118
    Length
    18/22/25
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

    Smile Re: Over 60s, the not-so-geriatric thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    Yes I did luluj, thatís the brilliant thing about acquiring silver, everyone gets their unique signature. Mine is currently only lightly sprinkled through my hair. It looks like the highlights that I used to pay a fortune for! Glad you liked the videos.
    Lightly sprinkled throughout your hair sounds lovely, Lainey.

    Next Monday we will move to a less restrictive zone, which means that hair salons can re-open. I won't be visiting one, though. The salons in our area charge around $60.00 for a cut, even if it is just a trim. Colour and highlights can run as high as a &100.00. So, I understand when you say that you used to pay a fortune for your highlights.

    Mother Nature's brushstrokes are much more reasonably priced.


    ~ Lady Bendis of the Silverlight Strands in the Order of the Longhaired Knights ~

  4. #544
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    232
    Length
    14/16/22
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

    Default Re: Over 60s, the not-so-geriatric thread

    On
    Quote Originally Posted by luluj View Post
    Lightly sprinkled throughout your hair sounds lovely, Lainey.

    Next Monday we will move to a less restrictive zone, which means that hair salons can re-open. I won't be visiting one, though. The salons in our area charge around $60.00 for a cut, even if it is just a trim. Colour and highlights can run as high as a &100.00. So, I understand when you say that you used to pay a fortune for your highlights.


    Mother Nature's brushstrokes are much more reasonably priced.
    Are you still resolved to take back hair trims into your own hands luluj? I noticed there are quite a few on here who do it very successfully. If so, do you have a trim schedule or just do it randomly?

  5. #545
    Member luluj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,118
    Length
    18/22/25
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

    Default Re: Over 60s, the not-so-geriatric thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    On

    Are you still resolved to take back hair trims into your own hands luluj? I noticed there are quite a few on here who do it very successfully. If so, do you have a trim schedule or just do it randomly?
    Yes, this is my plan, Lainey. I have trimmed my own ends several times, which is relatively easy to do. When I reach APL the plan is to maintain the length through the summer. This means that a trim will surely happen, the ends will need a freshening up for sure.

    We do have lower priced hair salons in our area, I passed one a few days ago that was advertising women's cuts, starting at $25. I may treat myself. My favorite salon is in the mall and I like the staff a lot, they listen and always do what I ask. It's just that the price is so high for a trimming of my ends, only.

    Have you been trimming your own hair, Lainey?


    ~ Lady Bendis of the Silverlight Strands in the Order of the Longhaired Knights ~

  6. #546
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    232
    Length
    14/16/22
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

    Default Re: Over 60s, the not-so-geriatric thread

    [QUOTE=luluj;3862429]Yes, this is my plan, Lainey. I have trimmed my own ends several times, which is relatively easy to do. When I reach APL the plan is to maintain the length through the summer. This means that a trim will surely happen, the ends will need a freshening up for sure.

    We do have lower priced hair salons in our area, I passed one a few days ago that was advertising women's cuts, starting at $25. I may treat myself. My favorite salon is in the mall and I like the staff a lot, they listen and always do what I ask. It's just that the price is so high for a trimming of my ends, only.

    Have you been trimming your own hair, Lainey?[/QUOTE


    Yes, luluj, nice staff, that you feel at ease with make all the difference. I have been cutting my own hemline which is slightly tricky when itís still short. At the moment Iíll carry on myself, but very cautiously, so that if it goes wrong, I can get it evened up professionally without it setting me back too far. One thing Iíve finally learned, (not sure why itís taken me so long, haha), is not to layer it again because the grow out takes so long. I will feel on the home straight when it is finally one length to shoulder. Patience is a virtue.
    Last edited by Lainey; February 27th, 2021 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Made a mess of the formatting! Sorry!

  7. #547
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,554
    Length
    pixie/MTL/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

    Default Re: Over 60s, the not-so-geriatric thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    .... I have been cutting my own hemline which is slightly tricky when itís still short. At the moment Iíll carry on myself, but very cautiously, so that if it goes wrong, I can get it evened up professionally without it setting me back too far. One thing Iíve finally learned, (not sure why itís taken me so long, haha), is not to layer it again because the grow out takes so long. I will feel on the home straight when it is finally one length to shoulder. Patience is a virtue.
    It made a major difference when I could hack everything off to one length. Felt, braided, and bunned so much better and definitely looked better too.

  8. #548
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    232
    Length
    14/16/22
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

    Default Re: Over 60s, the not-so-geriatric thread

    As your hair texture sounds very similar to mine, it’s great to have your experience Cg. When I hear about the lengths you have achieved, I always think of you as a great role model for me on this road! I can see my hair is better with every trim, in other words with the removal of every layer. I now embrace my headband because it keeps my hair very comfortably off my face, in a way I could never do with the shorter cuts.

    Thanks again, for the insights into the fine hair journey to long.

  9. #549
    Member luluj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3,118
    Length
    18/22/25
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

    Smile Re: Over 60s, the not-so-geriatric thread

    How grows it, Lainey?

    I hope you are enjoying your longer hair and that you are happy with the progress.


    ~ Lady Bendis of the Silverlight Strands in the Order of the Longhaired Knights ~

  10. #550
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    232
    Length
    14/16/22
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

    Default Re: Over 60s, the not-so-geriatric thread

    Quote Originally Posted by luluj View Post
    How grows it, Lainey?

    I hope you are enjoying your longer hair and that you are happy with the progress.
    Hello luluj! It’s so nice to hear from you. I’ve been peeking in the site and see you are virtually APL. Massive congratulations. You sound very solid in your commitment.

    My length is basically almost shoulder and will be for a while because I’ve been trimming just the bottom layer, regularly to get to one length blunt.

    I’d say my very shortest lengths are almost chin. I’ve just accepted it’s going to take time because I cut it so short last April. That’s fine and it looks ok in the headband now. Like I’ve got some hair! I love wearing it off my face too. So it’s all good. It’s not stressing me because I just stick to my plan and don’t have any negative thoughts about it. I trim half an inch off the bottom at the end of each month and I wash it once a week. Job done.

    I’m so glad your resolve is as strong as ever.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •