Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Over 60s, the not-so-geriatric thread

Length
    1"/35"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Default Re: Over 60s, the not-so-geriatric thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lainey View Post
    Hi Bokeh, I decided to just post 2 of the back view into my album for now. The shorter one taken in July last year and the other one this month, so 6 months growth, (you will see itís in the flicked up stage currently). Both are my natural colour. I will get round to the imgur site at some point so many thanks for your help.
    Thats a lot of progress for just 6 months! I love the color.

Hello all. Thought you might appreciate this video. Very inspirational for us on this thread. Lovely skating and hair!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WvNcA8hseWk
    The video was wonderful! Who wouldnít want to glide around all day, lol.

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Smile Re: Over 60s, the not-so-geriatric thread

Hi Bokeh, I decided to just post 2 of the back view into my album for now. The shorter one taken in July last year and the other one this month, so 6 months growth, (you will see itís in the flicked up stage currently). Both are my natural colour. I will get round to the imgur site at some point so many thanks for your help.
    Hello all. Thought you might appreciate this video. Very inspirational for us on this thread. Lovely skating and hair!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WvNcA8hseWk
    You have had an amazing amount of growth, Lainey, congratulations! I really like your salt & pepper color, not to mention the nicest little hair flip, ever. I am so happy for you, your progress is inspiring.

Loved the video, she is quite the 73 year old!

~ Lady Bendis of the Silverlight Strands in the Order of the Longhaired Knights ~

Length
    pixie/MTL/max
    Type
    1a/F/i

I can explain to the gal in the video why more people aren't out there in inline skates outdoors. The first time I tried them one of the wheels picked up a pebble causing an immediate stop to the forward momentum of the skate -- but not the forward momentum of my body. The helmet hit so hard it cracked. Now, maybe upgrades since those days prevent that sort of rock accident, but I'm not inclined to find out.

I did like her hair and attitude, though: "When I get old...."

Length
    2/8/APL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Thanks for the encouragement bokeh and luluj. Much appreciated. I’ve got a way to go to catch you both!

Length
    2/8/APL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

That sounds like a scary episode Cg. Glad you escaped in one piece. I can’t see myself skating. A 20 minute jog is my preferred exercise. I do love her spirit though and the fact she’s sporting lovely long natural hair.

Length
    1"/35"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Cg View Post
    I can explain to the gal in the video why more people aren't out there in inline skates outdoors. The first time I tried them one of the wheels picked up a pebble causing an immediate stop to the forward momentum of the skate -- but not the forward momentum of my body. The helmet hit so hard it cracked. Now, maybe upgrades since those days prevent that sort of rock accident, but I'm not inclined to find out.

I did like her hair and attitude, though: "When I get old...."
    I'm sticking with Yoga and Tai Chi myself. Much safer!

That sounds like a scary episode Cg. Glad you escaped in one piece. I canít see myself skating. A 20 minute jog is my preferred exercise. I do love her spirit though and the fact sheís sporting lovely long natural hair.
    Good for you jogging! My feet and knees couldn't take that anymore but as long as I can still work in the garden I'm happy.

Length
    2/8/APL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by bokeh View Post
    I'm sticking with Yoga and Tai Chi myself. Much safer!

Good for you jogging! My feet and knees couldn't take that anymore but as long as I can still work in the garden I'm happy.
    Yes bokeh, I feel the same as you, the privilege of having even a small garden like mine, is a blessing. They are such a refuge. I’ve not too much expertise but I have plenty of enthusiasm and have spent plenty of time in it since retiring.

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Thanks for the encouragement bokeh and luluj. Much appreciated. Iíve got a way to go to catch you both!
    You will get there, Lainey, no doubt about it. Remember, we were where you are now, at one time.

~ Lady Bendis of the Silverlight Strands in the Order of the Longhaired Knights ~

Length
    2/8/APL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by luluj View Post
    You will get there, Lainey, no doubt about it. Remember, we were where you are now, at one time.
    Thanks luluj. I think what’s kept me going this time is seeing that it is actually possible, because there’s so many on here who’ve grown from pixies. I haven’t trimmed for 6 months and I’m kind of minded to keep going for a little while yet and then just trim the hemline. I saw that yours has now reached over 20 inches-congratulations. How are you mostly wearing it these days?

Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Thanks luluj. I think whatís kept me going this time is seeing that it is actually possible, because thereís so many on here whoíve grown from pixies. I havenít trimmed for 6 months and Iím kind of minded to keep going for a little while yet and then just trim the hemline. I saw that yours has now reached over 20 inches-congratulations. How are you mostly wearing it these days?
    Thank-you, yes, twenty-one inches! It has been quite some time since my hair has been this long, it's a nice little milestone, indeed.

You have the determination in you, it's obvious. I have every confidence that you will make it another six months, and even if you do freshen the hemline during that time, you will gain quite a bit of length. It's exciting!

I was fortunate enough to receive six beautiful, lush velvet scrunchies for Christmas. They cause zero hair damage and the colors are rich and lovely. So needless to say, I have worn them in my hair almost constantly. Usually I do a low, loose ponytail which is comfy. My face framing layers are now long enough to not slip out and get in my face...finally.

Are you able to put your hair up?