Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Semi-permanent haircolor in crazy shades over henna

Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

Default Re: Semi-permanent haircolor in crazy shades over henna

If you search the forums you will see some examples of veggie dyes over henna. The best looking ones are the red based colours. Personally I tried only Vermillion Red from La Riche Directions. It shows on my ends - making it fire red and than fades back to copper. But this dye base is orange very similar to henna itself.

Length
    16/22/30
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Hey,
    I haven't used the forum in a while. I have used Directions a few times but it only really lasts 10 days to 2 weeks for me. I used to henna & indigo but I haven't done that since January. I also use a shampoo bar & acv so I don't know if the shampoo is just too strong.
    I've had to cut my waist length hair back to APL because it was thinning so much at the ends and was see through. I'm nearly 42 so I don't know if it was my age.

I want purple hair that will last longer, and I have been looking at chemical dyes again. I originally started to henna because it was natural and because it wasn't tested on animals. I love the colour I get with Plum Directions but it's gone in 2-3 washes (even though the water is still rinsing out blue for weeks).
    What else could I try? This is probably the wrong subforum to ask I guess...

October 2017 to July 2020

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

My experience has been limited to Manic Panic, Arctic Fox, and Pravana. For me, the Pravana stuck around best. It did a better job of sticking on pure henna than it did on henndigo. My indigo washes out at a fair rate (probably doesn’t help that I’m a daily washer) and the Pravana washed away with it.

I have a bit of Pravana left and henna currently on my head. Debating if I feel like throwing a little purple or blue into my second step of indigo, just to mix things up
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer

Length
    Chin/CLSC/FTL
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by C_Bookworm View Post
    My experience has been limited to Manic Panic, Arctic Fox, and Pravana. For me, the Pravana stuck around best. It did a better job of sticking on pure henna than it did on henndigo. My indigo washes out at a fair rate (probably doesn’t help that I’m a daily washer) and the Pravana washed away with it.

I have a bit of Pravana left and henna currently on my head. Debating if I feel like throwing a little purple or blue into my second step of indigo, just to mix things up
    I ended up going for it. I’ve got 200 grams of indigo (but not from my usual supplier) mixed up with Pravana vivids blue, sitting in my head.
    Lady Ravenlocks, Keeper of the Secret Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Daily wash and go, monthly henndigo, annual trimmer