Page 51 of 100 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Herbal Essences products

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Default Re: Herbal Essences products

So the last time I bought Hello Hydration conditioner I didn't really like it, plus I don't like the smell. However, when it first came out (ten years ago or so?), I thought it made my hair feel like silk and I would use it despite not liking the scent that much. I've suspected that the one sold in the EU might be a different formula, so I looked it up, and sure enough they are different.

Here are the Hello Hydration conditioner ingredients listed on the UK Boots website:

Aqua, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Linalool, Magnesium Nitrate, Zea Mays Silk Extract, Orchis Mascula Flower Extract, Cocos Nucifera Fruit Extract, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, CI 42090, Magnesium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid

The American version:

Ingredients. Water , Stearyl Alcohol , Cyclopentasiloxane , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Dimethicone , Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract , Cocoa Nucifera Milk Fragrance Coconut , Glutamic Acid , Benzyl Alcohol , EDTA , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Citric Acid , Blue 1.

I wish I had an ingredient list for the original one when it first came out, but I think it's been changed and tweaked a few times. I wonder if it was similar to this EU current formula that people rave about?
    Last edited by renia22; March 21st, 2017 at 02:01 PM.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by renia22 View Post
    So the last time I bought Hellow Hydration conditioner I didn't really like it, plus I don't like the smell. However, when it first came out (ten years ago or so?), I thought it made my hair feel like silk and I would use it despite not liking the scent that much. I've suspected that the one sold in the EU might be a different formula, so I looked it up, and sure enough they are different.

Here are the Hello Hydration conditioner ingredients listed on the UK Boots website:

Aqua, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Linalool, Magnesium Nitrate, Zea Mays Silk Extract, Orchis Mascula Flower Extract, Cocos Nucifera Fruit Extract, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, CI 42090, Magnesium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid

The American version:

Ingredients. Water , Stearyl Alcohol , Cyclopentasiloxane , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Dimethicone , Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract , Cocoa Nucifera Milk Fragrance Coconut , Glutamic Acid , Benzyl Alcohol , EDTA , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone , Citric Acid , Blue 1.

I wish I had an ingredient list for the original one when it first came out, but I think it's been changed and tweaked a few times. I wonder if it was similar to this EU current formula that people rave about?
    I just bought a bottle here in Texas and the ingredients are different from what you have for the US listing.
    Creeping my way back to Classic

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Here's the listing on Walgreens site:
    Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Bis Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Zea Mays (Corn) Silk Extract, Orchis Mascula Flower Extract, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Blue 1

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

So the last time I bought Hellow Hydration conditioner I didn't really like it, plus I don't like the smell. However, when it first came out (ten years ago or so?), I thought it made my hair feel like silk and I would use it despite not liking the scent that much. I've suspected that the one sold in the EU might be a different formula, so I looked it up, and sure enough they are different.

The American version:

I'll check my version (Belgium/The Netherlands):
    Aqua, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Metholsulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Dycetyldimonium Chloride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Hexyl Chinnamal, Benzyl Salicytate, Limonene, Linalool, Magnesium Nitrate, Zea Mays Silk Extract, Orchis Mascula Flower Extract, Cocus Nucifera Fuit Extract, Methylcloroisothiazolinone, CI 42090, Magnesium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid (sorry for typos)
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

^ Lord only knows how many times they changed it. Whatever the ingredients were of the original formula, I really liked.

Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

^ Lord only knows how many times they changed it. Whatever the ingredients were of the original formula, I really liked.
    They're always forever changing. :/ I'm still missing the original garnier triple nutrition. Have you tried this newer version of HH? I'm enjoying it, though I've only used it once so far.

Length
    Chin/Waist/Class
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

Has anyone used the totally twisted gel or mousse? How well does it hold curls? Is it sticky? Any review would be helpful.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by likelikepenny View Post
    Has anyone used the totally twisted gel or mousse? How well does it hold curls? Is it sticky? Any review would be helpful.
    I think waterlily716 used to use it, the gel... if I'm not mistaken. She's on YT.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielleRose View Post
    They're always forever changing. :/ I'm still missing the original garnier triple nutrition. Have you tried this newer version of HH? I'm enjoying it, though I've only used it once so far.
    I haven't used it in a while, I'd have to look at the bottle to make sure it's not the one with Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine way up on the ingredient list. When that's used as a base I tend not to like conditioners or the way they feel as much. However my current Shine collection one has that ingredient further down and it isn't too bad.

p.s. I never did get to try that Triple Nutrition one everyone likes so much..

Length
    Chin/Waist/Class
    Type
    3c/4a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    I think waterlily716 used to use it, the gel... if I'm not mistaken. She's on YT.
    Thanks lapushka, do you happen to know what video it is? She has many and doesn't have one video dedicated to a review of this particular product.