Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I smell of onions...and despair

The land of vodka, bears and perpetual winter
    Length
    APL/Class/TERM
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: I smell of onions...and despair

It's 1:49 AM and I'm about to wake the whole apartment building with my laughter

On the topic: I tried onion juice treatment once back in 2010 when I was going through my "fridge obsession" (aka throwing food on my scalp and watching what happens). My hair smelled of onions for six months. Six. Months.

0/10 would not recommend, even if it does wonders for hair growth, it's not worth it one bit
    APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ CL ~ TERM
    Growing out henna since November 1st, 2018

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by neko_kawaii View Post
    This is probably because some spammer used an old thread to post a link to some vaguely related website and their post was deleted but we can't un-bump the thread.
    Oh yikes. Makes a lot of sense! And here I was breaking my head over it. LOL!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Student of long hair care squirrrel's Avatar
    Length
    24/45.7/?
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Joules;[URL="tel:3947579"
    3947579[/URL]]It's 1:49 AM and I'm about to wake the whole apartment building with my laughter
    I have to agree, just having caught up on the last page of posts makes for an informative and amusing read. Lovely to have something to smile about even if it’s as simple as understanding what is going on in one particular thread as opposed to what is going on in other threads when resurrected.

I’m another in favour of finding old ones that are pertinent to use. As long as people are aware that only the last few posts are likely to be relevant just now it’s good to have the reminder about some of the good advice from the past…

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by squirrrel View Post
    I’m another in favour of finding old ones that are pertinent to use. As long as people are aware that only the last few posts are likely to be relevant just now it’s good to have the reminder about some of the good advice from the past…
    Me too. I love the continuity, the connection to members past. So many fora have fizzled out or disappeared altogether, I love that we have so much history still here. Some of the currently active threads are now 14 years old, which is simply astonishing. And I know in context of a human lifetime this forum isn't that old, but in the digital world it is surely exceptional.

Appropriate in so many ways that a forum for long hair continues with such longevity!
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness