Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1693

Thread: No trimming club!

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/SL/Hip
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Default Re: No trimming club!

It's almost been 2 months since my last cut, my how time has flown!
    CL(14")~SL(15")~APL(21")~BSL(25")~WL(27")~HL(30")
    Last cut 11 Jan '21 ~ Last dye 29 Apr '21

Length
    ChinL/MBL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Eastbound&Down View Post
    It's almost been 2 months since my last cut, my how time has flown!
    Wow! Yes, that's great that you haven't had a cut since 2 months ago, and yes time does fly so fast! I haven't had a trim since a month ago!

Length
    12/16.5/50

Quote Originally Posted by Dark40 View Post
    Yes, that's her. It's the same Gossamer who is here, yes her hair is floor length.

I bet you would like to not trim your hair for that long but you always seem to only last 2-3 months lol even though now that you're going to maintain a mullet, and that's great you might possibly be less likely to cut back since cutting the sides will tide you over. Yes, I know what you mean about how long I go without trimming the back!

What made me come to this decision of not trimming or cut for such a long period of time is because my hair length isn't going anywhere. Especially, after every time I trim which is 1cm off every 6 months or a year, and it just doesn't seem like it's helping my hair grow any faster. In fact, it's slowing down my hair growth or long-term goals, and as a child my hair was a lot longer than what you see in my profile photo. As a child my hair when I reached 13 years old the longest my hair was almost hip length.

Thank you for the good luck!
    Our hardest challenge is limiting how much we Color our hair, dying doesn't help us much but I know how addicting it is.

I don't like my hair colour but until my keratin treatment wears off I'll have to keep it, hopefully that means my hair might actually grow

Length
    ChinL/MBL+/Term
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Our hardest challenge is limiting how much we Color our hair, dying doesn't help us much but I know how addicting it is.

I don't like my hair colour but until my keratin treatment wears off I'll have to keep it, hopefully that means my hair might actually grow
    Yes, you are so very right that our hardest challenge is limiting how much we Color our hair. Well, I'm not a frequent hair colorer. I only color 3 times a year, and yes it can be addicting. I don't mind showing my gray hairs. I love gray hair anyway. I think it's so beautiful as you are aging. Yeah, I know a lot of people don't like their hair colour but yes since you have the keratin treatment you do have to let that wear off and keep it. Yes, hopefully that means your hair might actually grow. I didn't know that you were getting the keratin treatment?! Why are you getting such treatment? I thought that your hair was already straight.

Well, a lot of people on here wonder why with my 2c/3a hair type why do I relax it. But they've come to understand that I do it for manageability. Even though my hair hair is wavy with slight curls it is rather also thick. So, when i relax it is minimize some of that thickness and helps it to be able to comb and brush it.

Length
    12/16.5/50

My hair was becoming too wavy and I really like hair that is always mostly straight, I'd get an Inch of shrinkage makes my hair shorter than it is.

Getting the treatment saved my hair I hated the wave and was tempted to go short, now I have no shrinkage and I enjoy how straight it looks

Length
    12/16.5/50

I got a plan to try and help me cut my hair less, don't have any set plans just set a timer from my last cut and let it go nuts,and when I cut it again the timer resets and I have to try double the time between my next cut, this will just be for my hemline, bangs and layers won't count I'm maintaining those at this stage

Length
    10/18.5/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Hello!

I have shoulder length hair. The bottom half of it was bleached a few times in the past and now I have split ends that I've been trimming every few months. I just got my hair trimmed again and I have left about 3 inches of damaged hair.

My initial plan was to continue trimming it every few months, but unfortunately the salons will close on Monday in my country and it's way too short to cut it myself. So I thought about letting it grow until December and then cut all that damage? Is that feasible? I purchased Olaplex and some Garnier hair masks, as I've seen they're very praised on this forum.

If you have any more tips and tricks I could use, I'd be very happy to hear them and implement in my routine. Thank you .

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/SL/Hip
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Prince View Post
    Hello!

I have shoulder length hair. The bottom half of it was bleached a few times in the past and now I have split ends that I've been trimming every few months. I just got my hair trimmed again and I have left about 3 inches of damaged hair.

My initial plan was to continue trimming it every few months, but unfortunately the salons will close on Monday in my country and it's way too short to cut it myself. So I thought about letting it grow until December and then cut all that damage? Is that feasible? I purchased Olaplex and some Garnier hair masks, as I've seen they're very praised on this forum.

If you have any more tips and tricks I could use, I'd be very happy to hear them and implement in my routine. Thank you .
    Its totally feasible! You should grow anywhere between 3.5-4.5 inches in that time frame (.5 inches per month as an average). I would try to pinpoint a wash schedule if you can and find some staple products that work well for you, then you can start experimenting with oils and such if you want. Good luck!

Length
    12/16.5/50

I'm officially here for my hemline, bangs and sides I'll play with whenever I feel like it lol, even though I didn't get a proper trim at the hemline when I got my Mullet cut in (they cut a bit I said not to :/ ) I'm using that as my last trim, going to attempt 3 months and go from there, see if I can go without trims until the end of December

Length
    12/16.5/50

I did trim my bangs and two small sections ( evened up one side that had been breaking off and had to do the other side to match it so it grows more evenly)

My hemline hasn't been touched since the third of march
    Last edited by Bat; May 5th, 2021 at 07:20 AM.