Thread: Just found my hg oil combo

Default Just found my hg oil combo

So, I tried this once before but now I use more argain oil. First coconut oil for everywhere. After that comes argan oil to ends. And my hair feels so good. Apparentely coconut oil didnt survive alone on my poor missbehaved hair but this time, I will sure use larger amount oils, Still exited to wait 8 hours to wash it off..
    I hope this turns right
    Lady Ithilwen of the Shimmering Skies in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    SL/TBL/CL

Default Re: Just found my hg oil combo

That's awesome! I personally find coconut oil to heavy for my hair and stick mainly with jojoba, sweet almond and argan oils. (sometimes I'll go crazy and do an overnight treatment with olive oil and avocado oil) Do you add any essential oils with your mix? Peppermint, rosemary, lavender, tea tree?

Length
    chin/Waist/term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LillithTheFirst View Post
    That's awesome! I personally find coconut oil to heavy for my hair and stick mainly with jojoba, sweet almond and argan oils. (sometimes I'll go crazy and do an overnight treatment with olive oil and avocado oil) Do you add any essential oils with your mix? Peppermint, rosemary, lavender, tea tree?
    I've discovered a new great combo: Rose water (sprayed on damp washed hair) and avocado oil over it. Wonderful hair.
    FINALLY THICK WL HAIR AFTER HAIR LOSS TRAGEDY!!! See here! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUx624JRX84&t=2095s

Does anyone use Moroccan Oil? I only used it once since I'm crazy about putting oil in my hair, I break out on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by msthinhair View Post
    Does anyone use Moroccan Oil? I only used it once since I'm crazy about putting oil in my hair, I break out on my face.
    Morocan oil the brand? As morocan oil is just another term for argan oil.

I like to mix light oils with heavier oils. So on damp hair I apply a mixtures of jojoba, grapeseed, carrot, sweet almond and castor oil, with some vanilla EO.
    Last edited by ositarosita; May 19th, 2015 at 10:52 AM.

Length
    Pixie/Waist/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Ooh, I *literally* just did that last night, but as a heavy oiling. Then this morning I washed my scalp, wet the lengths, mixed about a teaspoon of avocado oil into my conditioner, and let it soak into my hair for an hour. Then I CO-washed it out again (a sort of Oil-Wash-OilCondition-Condition). It's still in a bun drying, but I think I'm going to be happy! : )

Quote Originally Posted by Wusel View Post
    I've discovered a new great combo: Rose water (sprayed on damp washed hair) and avocado oil over it. Wonderful hair.
    Last edited by Freija; May 19th, 2015 at 11:34 AM.

Length
    SL/TBL/CL

Quote Originally Posted by msthinhair View Post
    Moroccan oil is just a brand name for an argan oil mix - they probably put mineral oil in it which can make you break out?. You would honestly be better off mixing your own (you can buy a litre of argan oil as is from bulk sellers)b and it's also cheaper without the brand name.

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

Coconut Oil and my hair aren't really best friends.

I'm using Jessicurl's Oil Blend for Softer hair. It's a blend of jojoba and sweet almond oil, which my hair loves, and some other oils to make it smell nice. I could make my own, but I like the convenience of having it already made because I'm lazy.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights